PDA

View Full Version : Jokes on someone in Boise

The Maestro
1/2/2007, 05:21 PM
Okay, how freaking cute was that proposal at the end of the game, huh?

Yeah, barf.

But, we do have some humor here.

The cheerleaders name? Chrissy Popadics. She's marrying who? Ian Johnson.

She is going to be Chrissy POPADICS JOHNSON!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaa! Now I can look back and laugh about things!!!

westcoast_sooner
1/2/2007, 05:35 PM
Almost as good as the arkie jokes about Houston Nutt and Casey Dick.

MamaMia
1/2/2007, 06:21 PM
I didn't even see him give her a ring. This fella is either very impulsive, too broke to get married, or a tight wad.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2007, 06:25 PM
I didn't even see him give her a ring. This fella is either very impulsive, too broke to get married, or a tight wad.Ring schwing, it's the thought that counts, not the hardware...right?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/2/2007, 06:27 PM
Ring schwing, it's the thought that counts, not the hardware...right?

Ummm, wrong.:)

Edited to add: This is one of those cases where the thought MUST be backed up by the hardware.

Scotty
1/2/2007, 06:37 PM
How about that FOX guy that ruined the proposal.

"EMM OKAY MISS NOW HE IS GOING TO PROPOSE"

SoonerLB
1/2/2007, 07:39 PM
"She is going to be Chrissy POPADICS JOHNSON!!!!!"

OK, I'm better now. Somehow that helps ease the pain I've been feeling the past 18 hours. By the way, is she from teXas by any chance? Was she a qb?

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 07:42 PM
She has a ring now.

It was on the news tonight.

jacru
1/2/2007, 07:57 PM
... and life goes on.

Eielson
1/2/2007, 08:46 PM
I don't know where this guy lives but he is a good joke. "Ohio State deserves a chance to play Boise State, thats right, OSU should be playing the Broncos, not the other way around." The comparison of schedules is hilarious too. He was like, we played a tough schedule, we played Oregon State, Hawaii, and SAN JOSE STATE! Ohio State played, um...Texas and they have a freshman quarterback. He left all the other teams off too!

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/Caz13/54451/

Rhino
1/3/2007, 12:15 AM
I think I read that Ian Johnson left the ring at the hotel because if they lost, he didn't want to look at that ring and always remember the game.

And also, loss, breakage, etc.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2007, 12:19 AM
I think I read that Ian Johnson left the ring at the hotel because if they lost, he didn't want to look at that ring and always remember the game.

If that's true, that marriage is already in trouble.

sooner518
1/3/2007, 12:33 AM
I don't know where this guy lives but he is a good joke. "Ohio State deserves a chance to play Boise State, thats right, OSU should be playing the Broncos, not the other way around." The comparison of schedules is hilarious too. He was like, we played a tough schedule, we played Oregon State, Hawaii, and SAN JOSE STATE! Ohio State played, um...Texas and they have a freshman quarterback. He left all the other teams off too!

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/Caz13/54451/

it literally sounds like an 8th grader wrote that article. hilarious

Rhino
1/3/2007, 12:39 AM
If that's true, that marriage is already in trouble. From ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2716979):

Johnson charged to the corner stands where his 56 family members were gathered. He jumped into their embrace, only to bring a banister falling down on him, cutting his leg. Pain was incidental at this moment, though. After hugging his father, the idiosyncratic star runner "started moseying over" to his girlfriend, Chrissy Popadics.

Johnson actually got the idea while attending the Insight Bowl at Sun Devil Stadium last week. One of the Fiesta Bowl committee members, Tyler Hanson, suggested to Johnson that he propose postgame.

"Maybe I will," Johnson told Hanson.

Still, he opted to leave the engagement ring at the team hotel. Just in case things didn't turn out well in the game.

"I didn't want to bring it and then always remember a loss," he said.

In the locker room after the game, Johnson embraced a beaming Hanson, thanking him for his inspiration. As far as the marraige already being in trouble, I'll back this kid.

I proposed to my fiancee on Labor Day this year at the top of a mountain near my parents' cabin outside of Crested Butte, CO. It turned out perfect, because I hadn't necessarily set a time or place. I knew it would be sometime that weekend and probably on that mountain top, but I wasn't locked into a time or place. So, if something went wrong the day I had it planned (bad weather, sickness, tiredness, whatever), I was able to switch it up a little.

And, knowing how worried and overprotective I was of the ring between when I bought it and when I gave it to her, I definitely don't fault the kid for not wanting to bring the ring to the game and have someone else hold it. The hotel room better have had a good safe though. ;)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2007, 12:46 AM
OK, maybe it's just my girl point of view, but anytime he looks at that ring, it should remind him of HER, the woman he bought it for, and how he feels about her, no matter what else. If a game loss can tarnish it, that shows where his priorities are. And they're not about her.

soonermeteor
1/3/2007, 03:24 AM
Since this is the joke on Boise thread I guess, does anyone have the stunned bronco? I know it didn't turn out our way in the end but that was one of the most exciting moments in a game ever and still worth it to see that face once again. Unfortunately, the media seems to quickly forget that half the reason it was a classic was the fact the Sooners stomped back with 25 points that sucked the air out of thousands of tater fans. :rolleyes:

Oldnslo
1/3/2007, 10:25 AM
Um. I didn't have a ring when I proposed to my wife.

The Maestro
1/3/2007, 10:36 AM
People! You are losing focus!

Popadics Johnson!!!

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 10:53 AM
OK, maybe it's just my girl point of view, but anytime he looks at that ring, it should remind him of HER, the woman he bought it for, and how he feels about her, no matter what else. If a game loss can tarnish it, that shows where his priorities are. And they're not about her.
Can we really know without ink blot tests?

Seriously.......you're nitpicking too much. We could start a fund if you want to picket the wedding though.;)

soonerlaw
1/3/2007, 11:00 AM
I hope she likes NFL Europe.

oKOIhoma fan
1/3/2007, 11:45 AM

Popadics Johnson!!!

Leave it to The Maestro to bring things back into focus.

Funky G
1/3/2007, 11:48 AM

The game is more important...

SoonerJack
1/3/2007, 12:24 PM
Um. I didn't have a ring when I proposed to my wife.

Neither did I. Although I did have a diamond on layaway.

Vic n Tulsa
1/3/2007, 02:19 PM

Popadics Johnson!!!

I just don't get it Maestro...can you please explain it to me??

Scott D
1/3/2007, 02:37 PM

but she's a cheerleader, so it might have been a downer reminder to both of them. I thought dates were important to you womenfolk....lord knows we can't even consider forgetting about certain ones. :P

StuIsTheMan
1/3/2007, 02:40 PM
I hope she likes NFL Europe.

Nah...he couldn't afford the plane ticket...and you can not drive the yugo to Europe...I think it will be the CFL...closer and he could take the bus!

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 02:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uYDY1y5Qo
This makes me sick. What a dick.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 02:57 PM
we treated them "like a little brother"

It's a game..... MAN the f*** up!

Vaevictis
1/3/2007, 05:13 PM

Girls are dumb. ;)

Kid made sure that the ring would remind him of her, the woman he bought it for, and how he feels about her. He played it smart, and made sure it does exactly what you said it should. And you're still kvetching. Just like a woman :D

Think of it this way: The kid is a college football player. Like a lot of college football players, his whole life was probably building up to that game, and it shouldn't be suprising that it could have the kind of effect that he was worried it might. Have a little understanding; he did the right thing.

OUFAN29
1/3/2007, 06:50 PM
Ummm, wrong.:)

Edited to add: This is one of those cases where the thought MUST be backed up by the hardware.

I would have to disagree on this one. Soonersweetie and I were engaged 10 days after we met. It was a thing that felt right at the time. However, the ring I had was not with me. 13 years later and two kids, I would say it worked out just fine.