PDA

View Full Version : Something the BSU coach said right b-4 the game...

The Consumate Showman
1/2/2007, 02:31 PM
Coach Peterson said something to the effect of, "...we will just see how the game is going and then make adjustments as we go throughout the game."

I see to remember Coach Stoops saying this to a reoprter once, "...adjustments? No. Ya know, a lot of fans think we go in at half time and make all kinds of adjustments on offense and defense...we really don't do that as a coaching staff. We put together a game plan and go with it."

This is what really bother me about Stoops. Don;t get me wrong, he is a great coach, but c'mon man! When BSU is going to pull every rabbit out of their hat, we've got to be ready to produce the foxes to chase them down kill 'em all!

JLMSOONER
1/2/2007, 02:36 PM
We were never in control of this game. We gave up the first 7 and yes, it wasn't bad but we were still down. Then PT fumbles. At this point, we lost all control and only tried to catch up. I think if we played them 10 times maybe, maybe we win 5. But thye won't be easy wins. we had a chance in this game, but just like Oregon, the D let us down at the end. i know the officials actually cost us the game, but come on. With a 7 point lead and a minute to go you should be able to hold them. It happened more than once this year for a loss or a closer than it should be game. OSU had a chance due to the same thing.

OSUAggie
1/2/2007, 02:40 PM
Pretty sure you were in control up 35-28 with a minute and some change left.

OklahomaTuba
1/2/2007, 02:43 PM
Coach Peterson said something to the effect of, "...we will just see how the game is going and then make adjustments as we go throughout the game."

I see to remember Coach Stoops saying this to a reoprter once, "...adjustments? No. Ya know, a lot of fans think we go in at half time and make all kinds of adjustments on offense and defense...we really don't do that as a coaching staff. We put together a game plan and go with it."

This is what really bother me about Stoops. Don;t get me wrong, he is a great coach, but c'mon man! When BSU is going to pull every rabbit out of their hat, we've got to be ready to produce the foxes to chase them down kill 'em all!

This must explain why we practically shut down the BSU offense in the 2nd half of the game, that is until some genuis thought we needed to back off and run a prevent or whatever.

Jello Biafra
1/2/2007, 02:48 PM
We were never in control of this game. We gave up the first 7 and yes, it wasn't bad but we were still down. Then PT fumbles. At this point, we lost all control and only tried to catch up. I think if we played them 10 times maybe, maybe we win 5. .

i call bullsh*t.......if we played 10 times in the remaining month of january we beat them 10 times. im telling you they did nothing special. we gave them 14 in interception returns and 14 points in trick plays.

Widescreen
1/2/2007, 02:59 PM
i call bullsh*t.......if we played 10 times in the remaining month of january we beat them 10 times. im telling you they did nothing special. we gave them 14 in interception returns and 14 points in trick plays.
Doesn't that still count as 28 points - just as if you drove 80 yards? And they spotted us 14 too.

Jello Biafra
1/2/2007, 03:13 PM
Doesn't that still count as 28 points - just as if you drove 80 yards? And they spotted us 14 too.

yep. still counts as 28 points. i think if the players would have SERIOUSLY listened to the coaches and matched BSU intesity, they wouldn't have scored but probably 17 the entire game......

that second touchdown, seriously, that gave them as much fire as ANY bulletin board material that could have been handed to them. they have 4 downs to score from the what......7 yard line or something like that? we continued to let them hang around and we finally show up to play after we are down 28-10?

i think we got away from our game plan on offense and the defense by virtue of just being on the feild, thought boise would fold....not so much.

i still say we beat em 10 out of 10....the planets aligned for them last night.

The Consumate Showman
1/2/2007, 03:17 PM
This must explain why we practically shut down the BSU offense in the 2nd half of the game, that is until some genuis thought we needed to back off and run a prevent or whatever.

Don't be too hard on Stoops...he has had a bad night already ;) .

And yes, we did pretty much shut them down in the 2nd half, but we still puked it up for about 45 minutes. And I don't think we did anything differently in the 2nd half other than not blitz so much because Reggie and others donlt know how to R U N at the QB when they are blitzing and quit DANCING!!!

Jello Biafra
1/2/2007, 03:22 PM
Don't be too hard on Stoops...he has had a bad night already ;) .

And yes, we did pretty much shut them down in the 2nd half, but we still puked it up for about 45 minutes. And I don't think we did anything differently in the 2nd half other than not blitz so much because Reggie and others donlt know how to R U N at the QB when they are blitzing and quit DANCING!!!

yep......i was thinking of CO on that blitz against texas when they went up big at halftime.....i saw smith stop and try to run around the block insted of through him.......if im not mistaking, that failed blitz cost us a big play didn't it?