PDA

View Full Version : We got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball

achiro
1/2/2007, 02:25 PM
That was the surprise of the night for me. They moved us around at will.

Bruiser53
1/2/2007, 03:28 PM
Their O-line played amazing. Our blitzes didn't do anything. We might of well of dropped all 11 because we got no pressure.

BASSooner
1/2/2007, 03:32 PM
also the missed tackles that we had killed us as well.

Vaevictis
1/2/2007, 03:34 PM
Their O-line played amazing. Our blitzes didn't do anything. We might of well of dropped all 11 because we got no pressure.

Maybe I'm off, but I seem to recall thinking that in many, many games this season.

fwsooner22
1/2/2007, 03:35 PM
Their unrecruited handled our 3-star, 4-star, 5-star........it was amazing....they rarely missed a tackle.......I don't think we played badly (except for turnovers) they were just better...Wow

SunDevilSooner
1/2/2007, 03:36 PM
Their D also wrapped up and tackled well...something that has been up and down for us last night. I think the hardest hit I saw from us all night was the lick that AD put on their DB on the int...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 03:46 PM
I don't know that I'd say we were beat there but they probably played us close to a draw. If you want to credit PT's fumble to our O-line getting whipped on that play than maybe but the turnovers were the story. Ultimately though Boise St might have played us better straight up than I thought but they beat us with trick plays when it counted. We outrushed Boise 177 to 110 and our last rush was 25 yards with AD barely being touched. Boise went almost 17 minutes without a first down too. Boise averaged just 3.1yds a carry. We didn't have a ton of sacks but we got pretty good pressure on Zabranski too.

Not saying that in the end it really doesn't matter but I'd say that we were better up front but not enough to overcome our other mistakes.

Turnovers kept it close. Big plays beat us.

Jello Biafra
1/2/2007, 03:48 PM
Their D also wrapped up and tackled well...something that has been up and down for us last night. I think the hardest hit I saw from us all night was the lick that AD put on their DB on the int...

eh obviously you missed the tackle from holmes on their return..... that was a slobberknocker.