PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout Coach Schmidt on the sidelines?

wishbonesooner
1/2/2007, 02:22 PM
Did any of you catch him whoofin' at BSU players? Not sure I'd want Joe C. to see that.

Petro-Sooner
1/2/2007, 02:26 PM
I saw him get in the face of a bsu player when the play ended on the OU sideline. Didnt know what he was saying but found it to be a little over the top for a coach.

usmc-sooner
1/2/2007, 02:29 PM
I thought he looked stupid.
Your an adult and a coach don't do stupid stuff like that.

OSUAggie
1/2/2007, 02:30 PM
At least he didn't spit on anyone...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/2/2007, 02:38 PM
its funny, 6 years ago when we talked about this it was "he's showing fire". now, its no class. every time an opposing player goes near our sideline, there he is woofing at the guy. he got right in a nebraska player's face during the big 12 championship game. had the nebraska guy head butted him at that moment, i would have defended that nebraska guy until the day i died.

OklahomaTuba
1/2/2007, 02:41 PM
What would Joe C do???

BS would just laugh at JC, and JC would have to like it.

soonervegas
1/2/2007, 02:41 PM
Classless and it needs to cease immediately.

usmc-sooner
1/2/2007, 02:42 PM
its funny, 6 years ago when we talked about this it was "he's showing fire". now, its no class. every time an opposing player goes near our sideline, there he is woofing at the guy. he got right in a nebraska player's face during the big 12 championship game. had the nebraska guy head butted him at that moment, i would have defended that nebraska guy until the day i died.

I never noticed it before last night, and even then my wife had to point it out to me.

Anyways I'm not for some 40 year old getting in the face and jawing an opposing player any time.

AlabamaSooner
1/2/2007, 02:49 PM
Everything's pretty much been said so far. I just shook my head when I saw that and wished they had changed cameras quickly. I've always thought this guy was a nutjob (although one that does a good job with strength and conditioning). That's just his nature, but he needs to think before he woofs next time.

OUDoc
1/2/2007, 02:51 PM
Maybe he thought the guy was Arsenio Hall.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2007, 03:13 PM
I thought he was barking about running the guy out of bounds. Seemed to be border line late hit type of thing. His reaction, though, was not exactly professional.

fwsooner22
1/2/2007, 03:18 PM
He shouldn't be on the sidelines if he acts like that.....he's not a coach....he is a trainer....there are 500 other people who shouldn't be on the sidelines either....

Petro-Sooner
1/2/2007, 03:25 PM
Toby Keith?

But I always did wonder why Schmidt and that texas strength coach were on the sideline. Its not like the players are trying to perfect their power squats on the sideline.

picasso
1/2/2007, 03:37 PM
Toby Keith?

But I always did wonder why Schmidt and that texas strength coach were on the sideline. Its not like the players are trying to perfect their power squats on the sideline.
well he helps players in game time with stretching, injuries, etc..

I agree though, he's a little too high strung at times. maybe he should suit up?

Rhino
1/2/2007, 03:41 PM
If you want to talk to him, I'm sure he'll be at Louie's tonight, doing drunken handstands on a table again.

Jello Biafra
1/2/2007, 03:41 PM
Everything's pretty much been said so far. I just shook my head when I saw that and wished they had changed cameras quickly. I've always thought this guy was a nutjob (although one that does a good job with strength and conditioning). That's just his nature, but he needs to think before he woofs next time.

i've seen him up close in personal the last two years with my son going to the OU football camp. he's just very intense. he talks to the kids like they are 18 (my son is 10) and they love him for it. there is nothing wrong with showing fire but i think he was trying to pump up the team by leading by example. wrong place and wrong time in my opinion.

Tear Down This Wall
1/2/2007, 03:42 PM
Schmidt...nevermind. I've said for more than a couple of years now that Stoops needs to reign in Schmidt. He's obviously not going to do it - on or off the field. There are obviously two camps of Sooner fans on Schmidt and none can convince the other to feel any differently about him.

As for Joe C., having him on the sideline is as sickening to me as watching Jerry Jones on the sideline. To me, unless you are a football coach, a football player, or part of the football staff, get the f*ck off the sideline.

Rhino
1/2/2007, 03:47 PM
As for Joe C., having him on the sideline is as sickening to me as watching Jerry Jones on the sideline. To me, unless you are a football coach, a football player, or part of the football staff, get the f*ck off the sideline. At least our athletic director isn't a color commentator for Fox. If I were a Wisky fan, I'd be ****ed.

Rocker
1/2/2007, 03:54 PM

Some of us know the truth about him and as long as Coach Stoops allows him to around this won't stop.

The_Red_Patriot
1/2/2007, 03:54 PM
I thought he was barking about running the guy out of bounds. Seemed to be border line late hit type of thing. His reaction, though, was not exactly professional.

The guy stuck one of ours out of bounds. I have seen flags for plays like that.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2007, 04:07 PM
Some of us know the truth about him and as long as Coach Stoops allows him to around this won't stop.

So what's the truth? I know you won't say anything, but had to ask...

usmc-sooner
1/2/2007, 04:09 PM
yeah I kinda want to know the truth

THA, you can't handle the truth.

Rocker
1/2/2007, 04:13 PM
So what's the truth? I know you won't say anything, but had to ask...

I won't it has been discussed here before. Ask JKM he knows

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 04:21 PM
I won't it has been discussed here before. Ask JKM he knows

Fine.. I'll spill it here but it'll probably get deleted & land me in trouble with the mods. But I'm feeling frisky today so what teh hell.

Schmidt is a notorious gerrymanderer.

:pop:

Petro-Sooner
1/2/2007, 04:23 PM
:confused:

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2007, 04:23 PM
Does him as reportedly drinking and doing handstands on tables have anything to do with gerrymandering? Which by the way was something you only did to political districts by corrupt legislatures?

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 04:26 PM
Does him as reportedly drinking and doing handstands on tables have anything to do with gerrymandering? Which by the way was something you only did to political districts by corrupt legislatures?

heh! (I also wouldn't mind knowing what they're talking about)

Petro-Sooner
1/2/2007, 04:29 PM
Come on guys spill the beans. What this dudes story.

Rocker
1/2/2007, 04:32 PM
Come on guys spill the beans. What this dudes story.

Ask JKM

send him a PM

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2007, 04:36 PM
darn...see below.

Scott D
1/2/2007, 04:36 PM
I'm sure someone could do a search on Schmidt/Ferguson...but I didn't say anything.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2007, 04:37 PM
JKM's box just filled up...

If someone else finds out, just PM me please. TIA.

SleestakSooner
1/2/2007, 04:40 PM
I never noticed it before last night, and even then my wife had to point it out to me.

Anyways I'm not for some 40 year old getting in the face and jawing an opposing player any time.

Remind ya too much of boot camp? ;)

Rocker
1/2/2007, 04:40 PM
I'm sure someone could do a search on Schmidt/Ferguson...but I didn't say anything.
OUCH!

Scott D
1/2/2007, 04:42 PM
OUCH!

*shrug* not my fault this place has an archive :D

not my fault Schmidt is an a**hole either :)

I had forgotten about those threads until now :)

Rocker
1/2/2007, 04:53 PM
*shrug* not my fault this place has an archive :D

not my fault Schmidt is an a**hole either :)

I had forgotten about those threads until now :)

HAHAHAHA!
If they want to know look thru the old threads

Scott D
1/2/2007, 05:08 PM
I don't wanna tell them how to find the archives though :)

getrdone
1/2/2007, 06:22 PM
i did a search found nothing

Scott D
1/2/2007, 06:35 PM
do an internet search :)

TXBOOMER
1/2/2007, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Tear Down This Wall]Schmidt...nevermind. I've said for more than a couple of years now that Stoops needs to reign in Schmidt. He's obviously not going to do it - on or off the field. There are obviously two camps of Sooner fans on Schmidt and none can convince the other to feel any differently about him.

He came close to getting a flag last night. They need to fire his arse. I was in the other camp, but that was the last straw for me.

TXBOOMER
1/2/2007, 07:27 PM
Remind ya too much of boot camp? ;)

The worse thing about boot camp to me was getting my wisdom teeth pulled, those frog voice drill instructors were funny. :D

badger
1/2/2007, 07:57 PM
pleeeeease, he woofs at OUr players too. He was probably just saying "Hello, how are you doing today, sir?" But because its schmidty, it's Coach Orgeron yeow yeow yeowing-like on television. :D

bluedogok
1/2/2007, 09:24 PM
It seems like every strength coach is a little too "wired"....must be roid rage :rolleyes:

Eielson
1/2/2007, 09:36 PM
At least he didn't spit on anyone...

LMAO! That was gross.

badger
1/2/2007, 09:56 PM
could anyone enlighten me on what schmidt's story is? I tried both a sf.com search a variety of schmidt searches. Apparently, schmidt is quite the artist? ;)

Rocker
1/2/2007, 10:34 PM
could anyone enlighten me on what schmidt's story is? I tried both a sf.com search a variety of schmidt searches. Apparently, schmidt is quite the artist? ;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59394&highlight=Ferguson

thats a good start

Socrefbek
1/2/2007, 10:46 PM

:eek: Who Knew? Football by Day ... Broadway by Night

http://www.broadwayworld.com/galleryphoto.cfm?photoid=15134&personid=8289

budbarrybob
1/3/2007, 12:41 AM
anyone have a youtube video link on this?

TripleOption14
1/3/2007, 04:10 AM
The reason Strength and Conditioning Coaches are on the the sidelines is because they serve as the "Get Back" people during games. It is the same across the board. Everyone who has a S&C coach has that individual on the sidelines. The S&C coach travels with the team to do warm-ups before the game. This entails stretching, running, some drills etc etc. And not all of them are roid monsters. :rolleyes: And yes they are COACHES. There is a certain technique to a lot of the more complex lifts that most be taught and COACHED to players. There not trainers; that is the athletic trainers neck of the woods which is TOTALLY different. If a player is not taught and COACHED on certain techniques they are not acheiveing their optimum potential and therefore not becoming the best athlete physically that they can be. They're also risking serious injury by doing bad technique.

OklahomaTuba
1/3/2007, 09:34 AM

thats a good start

How in the hell could anyone do something like that??

What a prick. And to Jeff Ferguson of all people. Schmidt might not have the job security he has if it wasn't for Jeff Ferguson.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 11:53 AM

thats a good start

boy I sure hope I don't have to look back at the 2002 class anytime soon jkm. :D

birddog
1/3/2007, 11:55 AM
anyone have a clip of this? or a link?