PDA

View Full Version : Defense gives up TD drives to end each half

usmc-sooner
1/2/2007, 12:46 PM
Both took around a minute. I think we were fooled into thinking our defense was good (or fixed) because of the complete crap of competition that was the Big 12.

I don't know what the heck was up with our offense, or Thompson. At some point during this season someone should have told him that Finley is absolutely wide open when he is throwing into double coverage, although he dropped a ball that hit him in the dang helmet.

cvsooner
1/4/2007, 12:58 AM
Two problems: drive at the end of the first half, we had Zabransky, had him cold, he makes what looks like a crazy throw to the sideline. No way it's going to be completed....but it is. Defender slips, misses the tackle. It happens. Really, it was defended pretty well.

Latimer slipped on the hook-and-ladder play too. I'm not sure that the new sod on the field was not helpful. Seemed like a lot of slips and falls out there.

Second problem: true, while Finley and Gresham were both open and could have been good dump off receivers...somebody has to explain to them that it would help if they'd catch the ball. They've made plays all season and then Monday? Pffft.

RedGiant
1/4/2007, 01:12 AM
That's just it. MISSED TACKLES. Then this guy blows through four other guys with WAC speed. The receiver catches the ball and then begins to run backwards and LOOKING for the guy to pitch to... Boise is either way, WAY, WAAAYYYY better than anyone ever gave them credit for or something else is wrong. You decide...

Ash
1/4/2007, 07:32 AM
OU played a poor first half and had some break downs but maybe...just maybe...despite being from the WAC, BSU has a decent football team and made some plays.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/4/2007, 10:29 AM
Both took around a minute. I think we were fooled into thinking our defense was good (or fixed) because of the complete crap of competition that was the Big 12.

I don't know what the heck was up with our offense, or Thompson. At some point during this season someone should have told him that Finley is absolutely wide open when he is throwing into double coverage, although he dropped a ball that hit him in the dang helmet.

the big 12 was jeckyl and hydish. we just happened to catch a bunch of teams when they had crappy days on offense (mizzou, ttech, pokey state, nebraska is a toss up as some of those INTs were superhuman) and some teams when we had crappy days (texas, aTm, and later boise state).

Texas Golfer
1/4/2007, 11:24 AM
We talk of mojo and "Sooner Magic" all the time but all of the magic was on the BSU side of the LOS.

Neither of those two end of half plays should have worked, but they did. Both of them!

None of those trick plays should have worked, but they did. All of them!

The only "bad break" they had all night was the ball hitting the Broncho's foot on the kick giving us good field position. I don't consider Walker's interception a bad break, just a bad decision.