PDA

View Full Version : Howdja like the Fiesta Bowl?

cjames317
1/2/2007, 12:32 PM
I'm asking about the facilities, atmosphere, etc. Since the Fiesta Bowl "owns" the Big 12 Champion whenever it does not receive a Nat'l Championship game invitation, OUr team will have many more opportunities to play there. I've never been to a Fiesta Bowl but it looks pretty fun. Is the destination and pregame/game atmosphere as enjoyable as Miami?

I'm biased based on my whereabouts, but I would really like to see Jerry get the Cotton Bowl when he opens the new Cowboys stadium, then obtain the Big 12 Champion slot from the Fiesta Bowl. Does anyone know when the Fiesta Bowl - Big 12 deal is up?

Soonerus
1/2/2007, 12:38 PM
Stadium was awesome, ingress and egress from parking lot a nightmare....

Flagstaffsooner
1/2/2007, 12:46 PM
Those Arizonans are a-holes.

Chi Gamma Blackness
1/2/2007, 12:52 PM
Those Arizonans are a-holes.

Heh......:)

yermom
1/2/2007, 12:54 PM
we got there pretty early so getting in wasn't an issue

that might have been why getting out wasn't too bad either

$30 to park was a bit of a raping though

TheLlama
1/2/2007, 12:59 PM
Stadium was awsome... parking sucked as usual. We lost, as usual (in BCS games as of late). Im still thanking god everyday that im an OU sooner fan. Looking forward to 07.

SunDevilSooner
1/2/2007, 01:30 PM
Yes...parking sucked the big one...getting out took us an hour. Add in the fact that the stadium is in the middle of BumF*CK nowhere and it took us an additional hour to get home.

I think for the Fiesta Bowl games, Sun Devil Stadium is a much better choice...more central location...lots of bars etc for tailgating, and the weather is cool in January...so you are not sitting in 115 degree heat during the game (always fun). Bench seating at SDS sucks though.

There is just nothing out there in Glendale for pregame...

Harry Beanbag
1/2/2007, 05:32 PM
Yep, location of the stadium was a monumental mistake. And the acoustics in the place are even worse. But it sure looked pretty.

I was impressed with the work the grounds crew did getting the field ready until I found out they just painted it green. During the last couple of Cardinal's games, the grass between the hashes was completely dead, turns out there's a pretty simple solution to that problem. :rolleyes: