PDA

View Full Version : Was this a preview of A Dan Hawkins.....

HUSKAZZ
1/2/2007, 12:03 PM
recruited team? If he can put together that kind of a program at Boise St. He could do some bigger things in a BCS conference. Also can we say it was really Hawkins that won it, ala Blake's recruits for OU's championship.

Tear Down This Wall
1/2/2007, 12:08 PM
No, he can't fly under the radar at Colorado like he did at Boise. See his predecessor Dirk Koetter and the p*ss poor job he did when he jumped from Boise to Arizona State. It's a different world when every team you play each week could beat you (except for Baylor, who should be in the Big 12 anyway) and you have to recruit against them.

Rhino
1/2/2007, 12:31 PM
Also can we say it was really Hawkins that won it, ala Blake's recruits for OU's championship. This **** again?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2007, 12:33 PM
No, he can't fly under the radar at Colorado like he did at Boise. See his predecessor Dirk Koetter and the p*ss poor job he did when he jumped from Boise to Arizona State. It's a different world when every team you play each week could beat you (except for Baylor, who should be in the Big 12 anyway) and you have to recruit against them.Excellent point.

OSUAggie
1/2/2007, 12:50 PM
I guess Tressel is still flying under the radar at Ohio State.

It is possible for a coach to sustain personal success from a small job to a big job. Hawkins is of a different ilk than Dirk. I say Colorado can become a bit of a monster under him.

kelloggOUballa
1/2/2007, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that was the Chris Petersen show....Hawkins' players, but Petersen made the calls.

Tear Down This Wall
1/2/2007, 01:40 PM
I guess Tressel is still flying under the radar at Ohio State.

It is possible for a coach to sustain personal success from a small job to a big job. Hawkins is of a different ilk than Dirk. I say Colorado can become a bit of a monster under him.

They're certainly off to a great start. Even worse than Koetter's first year at Arizona State. And, while competing against the worst division of a shoddy 2006 Big 12.

Also, and I know this may be hard to grasp for some, but Ohio State football is, was, and always will be on a different planet than Arizona State or Colorado football.