PDA

View Full Version : bob's challenge of that spot at the beginning of the game cost us big time

aurorasooner
1/2/2007, 11:11 AM
we challenge the spot, lose the challenge, lose a time out, and while all this is going on, our defense loses it's composure. meanwhile, the boise state coaching staff calls a QB bootleg and zabransky hits that deep ball for their 1st TD. they KO, and the very next play we fumble. it seems like when bob get's ****ed at the refs our players lose their composure, especially if the defense is out there. I thought the challenge at that particular time in the beginning of the game was a bad call by bob, and he should've just let it go. same thing happened in the oregon game.

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 11:16 AM
I think we all thought so too.

Oh well...we're still alive and we're still Oklahoma!

sooneron
1/2/2007, 11:17 AM
The only thing we lost was a challenge, we were going to have to call a TO when they did the multi rec shift. Walker bit on the following play and no help came over the top.

King Crimson
1/2/2007, 11:18 AM
i'm not real worried about that "challenge"....what's the causal scenario where our "D loses it's composure" because of that choice by Coach?

SoonerBorn68
1/2/2007, 11:19 AM
If you'll remember Boise lined up in that funky pseudo ninja formation. We were going to have to call time out anyway. If you've still got it recorded look & see our D scrambling & the coaches with a big ? over their heads. Might as well challenge it since you're going to burn the TO anyway.

King Crimson
1/2/2007, 11:20 AM
The only thing we lost was a challenge, we were going to have to call a TO when they did the multi rec shift. Walker bit on the following play and no help came over the top.

sooneron is right....we would have to call TO anyway....this way maybe just maybe we get the spot back. it was a decent gamble.

SoonerGators
1/2/2007, 02:05 PM
Gotta disagree...Bob did the right thing by making that challenge. sooneron and kingcrimson are right. We were going to call timeout right there because we were out of position after that shift and alignment anyhow. Challenge and you stand something to gain, and at worst you are back where you were going to be.

azheat4u
1/2/2007, 10:18 PM
I agree w/the challenge as it has been stated we were confused. Plus it should have given us a chance to regroup on D but...

SoonerTerry
1/2/2007, 10:46 PM

Thats what I saw too...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2007, 01:59 AM
Thats what I saw too... The success of that pass was caused by the masterful fake by the QB, to Johnson, I believe. Our defense was fooled, too, as much as I was. They didn't cover because of it.

FlatheadSooner
1/3/2007, 02:10 AM
Hate to say it, but I half expected us to get burned early in the game - either by run or pass - as happened to us much of the season in early series. I just didn't expect it to take so long to get OUr heads screwed on right. :(

All in all, OUr team fought back, showed a lot of character, and barely lost in an endless battle of tit-for-tat. Another series with the ball and I believe we would have won. :cool:

I can live with that. Time to start thinking about #8 in '07.