PDA

View Full Version : 2006 - The Year if the Little People

Luthor
1/2/2007, 10:36 AM
For the past 5 years the media has been shoving teams like Louisville and Boise State in our face every...frick'n...year. And every year prior to this one it all fell apart for the the little people when it came down to the wire. The law of averages was going to catch up with us all at some point and 06 was the year.
If the torch toting media had their way the Boise States, Louisvilles, Rutgers, etc of the world would all be the fair haired, down troden, BCS representatives and teams like Texas and OU would be the reviled bad boys.

OK, fine, whatever. The little people have had their 15 minutes. We see how it is now. I say from 07 on into the future we all schedule every small time college program we can think of and we sumarrily kick the living guts out of them and give no quarter. We keep the starters in for the whole 60 minues and run up the frigg'n score on each and every one of the little suckers.

Sportsmanship be damned! I say put your foot on their throats and hold it there until they stop quivering. We can't afford to "play nice" with these little programs considering the bullseye that's on our backs every time we go on the field. Case in point. That game for Boise State will be celebrated in Idaho for 50 years. What would OU have to celebrate had you won the game other than that it was a BCS game against an oponent whose entire campus fits inside your football stadium?

Funky G
1/2/2007, 11:23 AM
We had nothing to gain by winning that game and everything to lose. Boise did a good job, but our team did not give a **** about playing them..

I'm sure they are having a parade right now down Potato Blvd. if the snow allows it..

OSUAggie
1/2/2007, 11:48 AM
We'll see how much the TV people enjoy the "little people" pulling in what can only be massive ratings tonight in the OB.