PDA

View Full Version : Bitch, moan, gripe and call for blood HERE

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 10:03 AM
I'm leaning towards this being the worst outcoaching ever suffered by a Stoops staff, props to Petersen. Gameplan, playcalling, player preparedness, you name it. :mad:

Can we run AD straight into the pile a few more times, you know, just to send him off proper? :mad:

Seriously, having this supreme talent at our disposal and basically abandoning him because we set him up to fail. WTF Kevin Wilson? :confused:

Wilson: "Oh, we wanna keep running him there because eventually he's gonna bust one". Why don't you run that sweep/stretch play a little more often, you know, so we can control the game & stuff? We're saving that for overtimes now?? Give him a fighting chance for crying out loud.

Now I know why those "Pride/Band" threads go over 2 pages. Has it been a down year, internally for the Pride? They looked like they'd rather be anywhere but there. That halftime deal sounded pretty dull & uninspired and the choice of music, geeze. And if I see that damn "waving wheat" thing again, oh my god WTF are we doing that for?? Who are we, Panhandle State?? STOP IT IMMEDIATELY.

Whoever is in charge of our drill team/cheerleaders, hey - we're not asking for perfect 10's out there, but can you eliminate the buttfaces? I mean is that so hard?? Throughout the game... that one chick on the right... you know who I'm talking about. Good Lord.

RFH Shakes
1/2/2007, 10:07 AM
The inventor of the prevent defense should be shot.:mad:

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2007, 11:23 AM
What a kill joy! We want to start eleventy-million threads all saying the same thing...;)

brown town sooner
1/2/2007, 11:25 AM
Time to get a new coach huh Partial? Sorry....I'll take Stoops and company. I think he knows what he's doing unless you'd prefer John Blake and Smellenberger.

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 11:59 AM
Time to get a new coach huh Partial? Sorry....I'll take Stoops and company. I think he knows what he's doing unless you'd prefer John Blake and Smellenberger.

Read much? No that's not what I said but at 3.5 Million Dollars a year, he can afford some criticism. The preparation was awful.

the_ouskull
1/2/2007, 12:01 PM
Stoops has certainly shown that, in the past, he knows what he's doing. However, 3 straight "big-game" (BCS) losses are starting to show another side to that argument that, frankly, most Sooner fans aren't even comfortable discussing. I AM comfortable discussing it, however. I think that, if we have another season-ending loss to a team that, frankly, we should not lose to, then these grumblings are going to turn into full-fledged yellings... and they should. Stoops was severely outcoached last night, and his team was outclassed and outplayed. Sooner fans have a RIGHT to be angry...

the_ouskull

RRWSooner
1/2/2007, 12:07 PM
Stoops has certainly shown that, in the past, he knows what he's doing. However, 3 straight "big-game" (BCS) losses are starting to show another side to that argument that, frankly, most Sooner fans aren't even comfortable discussing. I AM comfortable discussing it, however. I think that, if we have another season-ending loss to a team that, frankly, we should not lose to, then these grumblings are going to turn into full-fledged yellings... and they should. Stoops was severely outcoached last night, and his team was outclassed and outplayed. Sooner fans have a RIGHT to be angry...

the_ouskull

Well said. I was wondering when someone was going to say this without coming across in the wrong way. OU was terribly unprepared and it showed. 3.5M sounds like alot of money when you have to settle for 2, 3, and 4 loss seasons on a regular basis.

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 12:27 PM
Well said. I was wondering when someone was going to say this without coming across in the wrong way. OU was terribly unprepared and it showed. 3.5M sounds like alot of money when you have to settle for 2, 3, and 4 loss seasons on a regular basis.

To me it's much simpler. I can handle 2,3,4-loss seasons. What I don't like seeing is our players getting outplayed and our coaches being outcoached by Boise ****ing State. All game long I kept getting the feeling our players thought we'd win just by showing up.

Sure this was a meaningless bowl and all but I hate seeing Boise ****ing State wanting to win more than Oklahoma. Made me sick to watch it.

RRWSooner
1/2/2007, 12:32 PM
All game long I kept getting the feeling our players thought we'd win just by showing up.

Yup.

And it doesn't bother me that it was Boise. They earned the respect they were craving.

They really showed up to play and Oklahoma didn't, bottom line. Well, we kinda showed up in the 4th quarter.

Theskipster
1/2/2007, 12:36 PM

the_ouskull

I agree. Any coach that gets OU to 5 BCS games in 7 years and 3 of those were for the BCS Championship is an absolute embarrassment to the school.

It also looks bad that he can't keep Assistant Coaches around for more than a couple seasons.

We need to get rid of him and get a real coach. Hopefully some minor BCS school will take him off our hands.

Actually, I take what I said back. I don't agree with that at all.

We got out executed and that is why we lost to Boise State. Bob Stoops didn't teach Joe Jon how to miss quite a few blocks and drop passes. Kevin Wilson didn't coach Paul Thompson to overthrow his (WIDE OPEN BECAUSE OF THE PLAY CALL) receivers by 15 yards or into the defenders hands. Kevin Wilson didn't call an interception play in the end zone to prevent a Field Goal.

And it wasn't Brent's fault that BSU ran trick plays that are hard to pull off with miraculous execution in desperate situations. In fact, I think that Brent had a lot to do with putting BSU into desperate situations.

Without a doubt there were coaching mistakes made by our coaches, but if you think coaching is what lost us the game you are a moron.

Incredible coaching is what let us play in the game in the first place. Coaching is what allowed us to come back from a big deficit against a team that was playing the game of their lives.

MiccoMacey
1/2/2007, 12:39 PM

Two seasons is now a regular basis? 3.5M sounds good for winning a Conference title and getting to a BCS bowl game four times in seven years.

And at what point are you guys going to stop with the "Boise ****ing State" theme and acknowledge they were a pretty damn good team?

It sounds pretty darn foolish and arrogant to assume other teams that don't necessarily have our tradition can't become good.

Boise State is a better team than we are. Regardless of what Bob Stoops is paid. Regardless of their history, or the conference they play in. The quicker you acknowledge this, the less your head will hurt.

And mine too, from hearing this drivel.

If you think we have a RIGHT to have the best team in the country every single year, you're showing your age.

IGR
1/2/2007, 12:39 PM
Was Zabransky offsides on the touchdown in OT?

Sure does look like it.

Click here to see it. (http://igottarant.com/showthread.php?t=23573)

St. Louis Sooner
1/2/2007, 01:05 PM
Stoops has flaws just like any other coach ... or person for that matter. Remember when he coached defense under "the ol' ball coach"? I remember years ago thinking how odd it was that Spurrier would lose every now and then by huge margins ... and how embarrassing that had to be for the Gators.

Now we have Spurrier's defensive coordinator and we have to accept the fact that he gets outcoached every now and then ... it's just his trademark.

I believe Bob to be a great administrator and motivator and he is very smart about such ... he gets the most out of his players and personnel. However, I don't believe he is always the best tactician/strategist.

But, one more thing, is it me or did anyone notice how our team didn't tackle very well all season?

soonermeteor
1/2/2007, 01:12 PM

Stoops said in 2000 Oklahoma is about winning championships.... well now we keep blowing it. I know he was outcoached last night.......

I'm not in any way saying fire stoops... he is still one of the best out there. However, something has got to change because the Oklahoma tradition is not 3 losing BCS appearences in a row. We don't want to turn into Notre Dame.

AzianSooner
1/2/2007, 01:14 PM
It is all about the conspiracy. It's time for Idaho having a good motivation win. Oklahoma has enough and can have more in the future. But, this time is the reserved W for Idaho.

It doesn't matter. We make it again in 2007.

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 01:29 PM
Two seasons is now a regular basis? 3.5M sounds good for winning a Conference title and getting to a BCS bowl game four times in seven years.

And at what point are you guys going to stop with the "Boise ****ing State" theme and acknowledge they were a pretty damn good team?

It sounds pretty darn foolish and arrogant to assume other teams that don't necessarily have our tradition can't become good.

Boise State is a better team than we are. Regardless of what Bob Stoops is paid. Regardless of their history, or the conference they play in. The quicker you acknowledge this, the less your head will hurt.

And mine too, from hearing this drivel.

If you think we have a RIGHT to have the best team in the country every single year, you're showing your age.

You're reading way too much into what's being said here.

Jello Biafra
1/2/2007, 02:40 PM

sorry macey, i think you're dead ***ing wrong......they weren't a pretty damn good team.

they were adept at holding the dlineman, they were very good at the trick plays and we were, at best, middle of the road on the play action. they were flat out eating our lunch on the play action. that is what cost us more than anything. how many 30+ yards receptions did those fuggin hacks make????

the prevent defense is starting to make me physically violent towards small animals and rodents.

and the play calling from the two yard line? my gaawwwwwwd!!!!! mother fuggin WILSON!!!! you need to be shot. if you can't get those lineman to push for 3 seconds.......how do we not score running the ball from the 2 yard line?!?!?!? anyone?

im furious (if you can't tell) you let these guys get up 14 zip in the first quarter and just kinda lollygagging around acting like its no big deal. hell we didn't even show up and start hitting until the middle of the 3rd quarter.

luckily i live in okc but the first boise fan that steps in my face..........

Bruiser53
1/2/2007, 03:25 PM
Kevin Wilson didn't coach Paul Thompson to overthrow his (WIDE OPEN BECAUSE OF THE PLAY CALL) receivers by 15 yards or into the defenders hands.

The problem here is not that execution was poor. These coaches need to play to their players strengths. How many long pass plays did we have to run and fall incomplete or get intercepted before they learn that PT can't throw deep. I think we figured that out in the TCU game last year. PT can hit a 5 to 15 yard pass with the best of them and methodically move the ball down the field, as shown by the final TD drive in regulation, but his deep balls are rarely on target and rarely thrown with the right touch. These plays might have been well designed and the wr wide open, but if the ball doesn't get there, then it's all of not.

The other coaching complaint I had was the fact that we kept blitzing even when they picked it up almost every time. I would have liked to see some adjustment because it was obviously ineffective. This all being said, we are still blessed with some of the best coaches in the nation. I think that Bob might want to look at these last 3 BCS loses and maybe reevalutate the practice and preperation process during that long break, because we havn't come out sharp in any of those games.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/2/2007, 03:33 PM
3.5M sounds like alot of money when you have to settle for 2, 3, and 4 loss seasons on a regular basis.
Wait, wait, wait. There is nothing wrong with a 2 or maybe even a three loss season. 4 and a bowl win is a good down year last time i checked. Are we becoming like everyother program in the nation? Head-hunting a coach who has brought us back from naught? Do you remember John Blake or Smellinbecker? Apparently not. I don't think there are many coaches better than Stoops and there certainly arent any better than him on the market. Nick Saban is a good coach but not in Stoop's class. Sure Stoops and the staff could have done a better job preparing but the bottom line is we lost the game in the first six minutes. Maybe Lendy Holmes could have played the 4th and 18 smart and not totally overrann the play. And lets not forget Paul Thompson made god forsaken throws to open receivers that were picked 1 for a touchdown and another that set Boise up at midfield.

CtheB
1/2/2007, 03:43 PM

Sure does look like it.

Post deleted.

MiccoMacey
1/2/2007, 03:54 PM
NM

MiccoMacey
1/2/2007, 03:55 PM
sorry macey, i think you're dead ***ing wrong......they weren't a pretty damn good team.

We'll agree to disagree. They're not NC material, but then again neither are we this year.

the prevent defense is starting to make me physically violent towards small animals and rodents.

That's freakin' funny.

OklahomaRed
1/2/2007, 03:57 PM
Paul Thompson lost the game. You can not turn the ball over 4 times in the first half, or miss wide frickin' open receivers. We will definitely not miss his "can't see the field" arse.

Coaches should pay 1/2 their salaries back getting frickin' beat by a bunch of high school plays back to back to back in the final minute. Give me a dang break. The backup quarterback was calling the plays and our coaches and deffense couldn't stop their high school plays one dang time. 4th and 18th, and rushing 3 people? Heck, I could complete a pass if you give me 10 seconds to look down field.

Get a clue !!!

I feel better now!? :D

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 04:04 PM
I feel better now!? :D

Yes, you do. ;) Boomer Sooner

OklahomaRed
1/2/2007, 04:07 PM
Boomer Sooner !!!

You have to kick me in the nuts a little harder than that BSU to get me to quit! Punk-arse high school crap !!! :D

getrdone
1/2/2007, 05:56 PM
stoops should not be fired, but at least be made clear this is the last bullcrap year, it's his fault for not having a quality backup when bomar was released. thompson is average at best.

but this is bull**** we didn't play with any fire or intensity, hell we haven't came up big in a bcs game in a while, we for sure have lost some swagger.

hell if you are not going to cover then drop all 11, at least evenly space the defense out where they can't execute a fuggin school yard hook and fuggin ladder play.

complete disgust, kick some people in the arse, something, quit fuggin losing big games, or take your **** and go back to ohio.

SouthFortySooner
1/2/2007, 06:08 PM
...sooners were FLAT.. thats all thanks.

Texas Golfer
1/2/2007, 06:08 PM

the_ouskull

During our national championship season, Bob was known as the master of the big games having beaten every top team that year. Since then, he's known as the coach who can't win the big ones. He needs to rediscover his mojo of the 2000 season.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 06:15 PM
I agree. Any coach that gets OU to 5 BCS games in 7 years and 3 of those were for the BCS Championship is an absolute embarrassment to the school.

It also looks bad that he can't keep Assistant Coaches around for more than a couple seasons.

We need to get rid of him and get a real coach. Hopefully some minor BCS school will take him off our hands.

Actually, I take what I said back. I don't agree with that at all.

We got out executed and that is why we lost to Boise State. Bob Stoops didn't teach Joe Jon how to miss quite a few blocks and drop passes. Kevin Wilson didn't coach Paul Thompson to overthrow his (WIDE OPEN BECAUSE OF THE PLAY CALL) receivers by 15 yards or into the defenders hands. Kevin Wilson didn't call an interception play in the end zone to prevent a Field Goal.

And it wasn't Brent's fault that BSU ran trick plays that are hard to pull off with miraculous execution in desperate situations. In fact, I think that Brent had a lot to do with putting BSU into desperate situations.

Without a doubt there were coaching mistakes made by our coaches, but if you think coaching is what lost us the game you are a moron.

Incredible coaching is what let us play in the game in the first place. Coaching is what allowed us to come back from a big deficit against a team that was playing the game of their lives.
I would dare say it was an even more poorly prepared Big XII that allowed this season to run the way it has. The BXII was incredibly poor this season.

kevpks
1/2/2007, 06:19 PM
I think we need to rethink our bowl preparation strategy. I don't no what they do now or what changes would be made, but they might as well make drastic changes because what we are doing isn't working. We are mediocre or horrible in the first half of bowl games recently.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 06:21 PM
During our national championship season, Bob was known as the master of the big games having beaten every top team that year. Since then, he's known as the coach who can't win the big ones. He needs to rediscover his mojo of the 2000 season.
I think Bob is being consistently let down by his assistants. I think at this moment they are the weakest coaching staff he's ever had and it shows in games like this. It also shows up with all the vacancies going on around the country and you don't see schools begging to hire his coaches. I don't think it's Bob directly, but the people he's hired have been unoriginal busts. The whole Lloyd Carr comparison is getting scary.

Octavian
1/2/2007, 06:23 PM
stoops should not be fired, but at least be made clear this is the last bullcrap year, it's his fault for not having a quality backup when bomar was released. thompson is average at best.

but this is bull**** we didn't play with any fire or intensity, hell we haven't came up big in a bcs game in a while, we for sure have lost some swagger.

hell if you are not going to cover then drop all 11, at least evenly space the defense out where they can't execute a fuggin school yard hook and fuggin ladder play.

complete disgust, kick some people in the arse, something, quit fuggin losing big games, or take your **** and go back to ohio.

:rolleyes:

TXBOOMER
1/2/2007, 07:05 PM
When you have superior athletes on the field, rush the QB with at least five and give your athletes a chance to win the game. Don't give your opponent the chance to scan the field and make a play. A lot of things got us beat last night but going into an umbrella prevent and letting their QB scan the field was as much to blame as anything. We must get back to the search and destroy mentality on defense. I remember the days when we would send 5 and 7 nearly every play in the last five minutes of close big games in the red zone at the end of the game against FSU and OSU (2000). That call is way to textbook. Stoops even said in the post game they were in as a conservative defense as they could be in for that play (that is great if all things are equal but not so much when you have stronger and faster athletes). Stud athletes play much better in attack mode than they do in conservative mode.

TXBOOMER
1/2/2007, 07:08 PM
...sooners were FLAT.. thats all thanks.

Agree. Who's fault is that?

StormySooner-IN
1/2/2007, 07:15 PM
The inventor of the prevent defense should be shot.:mad:Prevent Defense means what it says.

Prevent Defense.

Means to Prevent Defense

tulsaoilerfan
1/2/2007, 07:53 PM

Sure does look like it.

No, but that sure is illegal motion; only in the CFL can you be running towards the line of scrimmage before the ball is snapped; would have been nice if it was called, but that one call didn't cost us the game; they would have still probably scored on 4th and 7:pop:

Statalyzer
1/2/2007, 11:05 PM
Wilson: "Oh, we wanna keep running him there because eventually he's gonna bust one".

And he was right, but the defense in OT didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

goingoneight
1/2/2007, 11:19 PM
Bitch.

There, I bitched and cried for you. Stoops is a good coach, and OU is a great oppurtunity for young athletes. We'll be back, and a one-point loss ain't so bad folks. Shake it off. Remember that there were over 80 points scored in that game, you don't win every shootout. Don't believe me? Ask Mike Leach. Ask Mack Brown. Ask Pete Carroll.

BSU is not a roster of future NFL stars and paid athletes like the last BCS opponent we played, but they played like a team, and played like they had nothing to lose. Hook and lateral on 4th and 20??? Statue of Liberty?

BSU deserved to win, end... of... story.

soonershane22
1/3/2007, 02:14 AM
Have to say it and then I can finally move on.

I think that finally the coaching staff has to start taking some of the blame for these losses at the end of the season. Not necessarily Stoops himself but at what point does the head coach have to start taking responsibility for his coaching staff? Stoops weakness is that he will pull a player when they are not performing and replace them with someone who will but when it comes to his staff, he seems to wear blinders.

The defense for the last few years has been pitiful. The secondary is a joke (with a few exceptions) and as long as a QB can throw the ball past the line of scrimmage then they are going to hurt us deep time and time again. Our guys seem to want to push or fly at people rather than wrap them up and tackle them and it is a rare thing to see our line anywhere near a QB causing him to hurry or getting a sack. You can say all you want that the players are just not getting the job done but lets face it, it is the coaches job to teach them and get them prepared. Poor tackling, poor penalties and giving 5-10 yard cushions in the secondary is something that should be addressed by the coaching staff. BV really needs some help. I don't know how many times our defense tried to line up before a play only to look to the sidelines and each other with their hands out looking like they had no clue what was going on.

The offense for the most part this year was pretty good. Paul Thompson did a really good job given the situation that he was in. (Again, coaches fault that there was no one left after Bomar?) The play calling on the other hand was appaling. You could have made a wonderful drinking game from Wilson's strategy. ("Okay, here are the rules. If OU runs up the middle on first down then you drink!") I don't think that most people would have made it to halftime if they were playing that game! The offense really came together and did what it needed to do to win games the second half of the season but I think that was in spite of Wilson rather than because of him.

I'm anxious to see what Stoops does in this off season concerning all the problems that have been going on for the last few years. I think that Stoops is a great coach and I am really hoping that he will show that by making the adjustments that need to be made in this off season to get things straightened out. Here is looking to next year hoping that our old defense is back and our offense isn't a drag.

Whew, thanks, I feel better! Therapy, thy name is message board!

Octavian
1/3/2007, 02:16 AM
this thread is funny

St. Louis Sooner
1/3/2007, 10:12 AM
Sometimes I feel like we're college football's equivalent to the Buffalo Bills teams of the early 1990's ... remember all those times they made it to the Super Bowl and didn't win?

Sorry ... I had to vent that one. I'm upset with nowhere to go with it. Crap ... I'm no newbie to OU football either ... my parents were actually in the stadium when the domers ended our 47-game streak, and my Dad was a booster who took me to every OU home game from 1972 through 1986. I'm in this for the long haul.

I'm kinda worn out with Stoops' performance in the big games ... and it hurts since he started on such a high note. Maybe there's creedence to the assistant coaching thing ... I mean really: Look at all the head coaches that came from that initial group of our 2000 NC. I don't see much creativity going on right now, and I see a loose bunch of players with questionable fundamental skills ... AND that my friends is due to coaching.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/3/2007, 12:25 PM
i think the fault just lies on the players after this one. the defense didnt play that bad but the score looks bloated because of PT's fumble that left BSU on the 8 and the pick he threw for a TD. OT also blows up the score, starting from the 25 is like playing russian roulette with four bullets in a gun, its pretty likely the other team is gonna come away with some points. although i dont think BV is a great defensive coordinator by himself, i wouldnt mind seeing them hiring another on to help him like they used to have.

on offense its not kevin wilsons fault that PT cant really throw that accurately over 15 yards. hes terrible at the deep ball so that kind of eliminates those plays. he struggles to consistently hit receivers in stride. that makes the running game more attractive but i dont think he was creative enough with the run. i think they were playing to not lose early in the game rather then win, they wanted to keep hold of the ball by running between the tackles with all of the fumbling problems the team has had this year.

so that being said i wouldnt blame it too much on the coordinators but id like to see more creativity like stoopsy had in the earlier years.

ashley
1/3/2007, 04:47 PM
Some of the people on here need to get a coaching job and just see how easy it is. And please don't tell me you played so you know a lot about it because I happen to know that that's not true.

C&CDean
1/3/2007, 05:02 PM
This thread is gay. Just like the 50 other ones.

the_ouskull
1/3/2007, 05:13 PM
Some of the people on here need to get a coaching job and just see how easy it is. And please don't tell me you played so you know a lot about it because I happen to know that that's not true.

What kind of stalker are you that you know about the playing and / or coaching experience of every person on this board? I'll await your response with baited breath.

the_ouskull

Collier11
1/3/2007, 05:43 PM
does anyone have a pic of the fumble/no-fumble? Just wondering cus I thought he was down but I saw that when I was drunk during the game so I was wondering if it is as bad as some say

Collier11
1/3/2007, 05:44 PM
This thread is gay. Just like the 50 other ones.

Very Philisophical yet simple ;)

stoopified
1/3/2007, 06:41 PM
Yes I wish to bitch,moan,call for blodd,whine,bellyache,gnash,teeth,swear,cuss,screa m,yell,holler and in general express my disbelief,dismay,disgust and general unhappiness on the outcome of the game.Rant over,thanks.