PDA

View Full Version : We're OFFICIALLY the laughingstock of college football!

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 08:47 AM
(per ESPN and their moronic mouths)

I'm sorry, but I'm even :mad: than that debacle in Eugene.

Lord, what did we do to deserve THAT? We've handled every challenge that you threw at us this season, then you make our QB throw two passes into the endzone that even The Idiot wouldn't have thrown. What more could we have done...removed the "Sooners" name from their jerseys too?

AAAARGH! And now we're gonna have to live with this bowl crap for eternity.

At least we're not frauds like Notre Dame.

jackal42601
1/2/2007, 08:52 AM
First the USC Game, then UO debacle, and now losing to BSU..................I'm Speechless.

4 & 18 and we can't stop them, then we DESERVE to lose because that's Bull****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerloyal
1/2/2007, 08:55 AM
Ehhh. We get crap from everybody anyway just for being Oklahoma. That never changes. Pfffft.

I'm not laying down and taking it from anybody. I'm PROUD to be a Sooner.

Are you too big for a "mama hug"? It's all going to be all right. Really. :)

Seriously.

bcgvh
1/2/2007, 08:56 AM
You forgot TCU and UCLA.....and Texas 2 years straight. Yeah, 4th and 18 and give up a touchdown is REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 08:57 AM
yah...true dat!

Yah...I need hugs!

kramer9802
1/2/2007, 09:07 AM
I live in Texas, I don't even want to go to work. These Texans are such pompass *******s. I will never hear the end of this. I have been looking for a job in OK for months now...I need to get out!!!!

JayMarMan
1/2/2007, 09:11 AM
As a Wolverine...I think we joined you last night...

wishbonesooner
1/2/2007, 09:15 AM
You can always be an OSU fan.

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 09:16 AM
I live in Texas too...in fact, I've gotta drive today from Norman back to my base.

I told y'all in my bowl predictions that BSU was legit and that we'd have a dogfight on our hands...I wish I was wrong!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 09:27 AM

Lord, what did we do to deserve THAT? We've handled every challenge that you threw at us this season, then you make our QB throw two passes into the endzone that even The Idiot wouldn't have thrown. What more could we have done...removed the "Sooners" name from their jerseys too?

No we aren't. We are the program with 7 titles and more wins than any other team since WWII.

We were the Big 12 Champs. Last I checked that still counts for something. 10 years from now we will still be the 2006 Big 12 Champs.

We lost a frustrating (great) game to a team that I think most of us agree wasn't quite as good as us but were probably the best team we played all year. They are 13-0 and will be ranked in the top 5.

I'm frustrated, but this is nothing like the game which shall not be named a couple years ago or the Big 12 Championship against KSU. or losing at home to TCU for that matter.

If you are a Sooner fan living in Idaho then I have some pity for you. If not, suck it up. If it is smack from a Whorn, Cowboy or from any other fan in the Big 12 then it isn't something you can't easily deal with because such smack its pretty weak.

It was a aggrevating, frustrating loss that we had numerous chances to win but it isn't like we won't be back.

Dio
1/2/2007, 09:32 AM
Suck it up, boys- we're SOONERS

toast
1/2/2007, 09:36 AM
I live in Texas, I don't even want to go to work. These Texans are such pompass *******s. I will never hear the end of this. I have been looking for a job in OK for months now...I need to get out!!!!

no sweat, just invite them to the Switzer Center to look at this year's B12 trophy.

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 09:36 AM
Oh I'm sucking it up...but I've gotta vent a little too ;)

BLARGH!

sooner n houston
1/2/2007, 09:46 AM
I'm very proud of this Sooner team. It would have been so easy to quit but they didn't. A game for the ages!

footballfanatic
1/2/2007, 09:50 AM
I don't think you Sonners have anything to be ashamed of. You had a great season, defied the odds to win the Big 12, and barely lost to an incredibly motivated team in a BCS game.
I am of the opinon that you were better without Peterson, though.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 09:54 AM
I'm proud to be a Sooner today.

We gave the game away and fought back in.

Boise earned the win.

Our FANBASE will be the laughingstock with threads like this.

SoonerFaninAZ
1/2/2007, 10:04 AM
Without a doubt the best live college football game I've seen. Not in terms of crisp play, but in terms of plays being made.

That was an example of two offenses finding ways to make plays when needed. An incredibly tough one to lose, but I am proud of the guys for fighting back. Sure, I hate to lose on a couple of trick plays but I have no problem giving credit to the Bronco staff for two terrific calls and the players for great execution.

And to be honest, I am happy for all those Boise St fans for being able to enjoy a victory like that. I've experienced numerous big wins with the Sooners and couldn't help but smile a bit when I saw the reactions of the Boise St fans.

That was a very prepared football team and they deserved to win.

And I doubt very seriously that there is going to be a negative backlash for the Sooners for losing that game last night. Not the way they battled back.

Eielson
1/2/2007, 10:06 AM

Boise earned the win.

I agree with that 100%. The way the Sooners played last night made me proud and has caused to be able to get past this game very quickly. Nothing but bright days ahead for the Sooner football team.

sooner518
1/2/2007, 10:09 AM
I seriously had nightmares about that ****ing hook and latter all night long last night.

Reincarnate
1/2/2007, 10:11 AM
First, without bashing me and neg repping or some admin banning me, let's be honest about the game.

Paul Thompson is not a very good QB and he never was, as far as I know he has never connected on a deep pass in which he takes a traditional drop back set. We clearly had wide open receivers running towards the endzone and he just doesn't have the talent to put it where it needs to be. The other thing was our poor secondary was exposed again, we needed more pressure from the D-line as well.

This team has been the laughingstock for awhile ever since that KSU blowout in the big 12 championship game. This loser aura we have seem to have developed contributed to the reason we hardly rose in the polls during our 7 game win streak this year. Boise State is not this good, I think a true elite team would have put them in their place. As sooner fans we need to face up that we have a problem, we have lost our mojo.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 10:13 AM
First, without bashing me and neg repping or some admin banning me, let's be honest about the game.
I'd rather just neg you.

FourKings
1/2/2007, 10:18 AM
Paul Thompson is not a very good QB and he never was, as far as I know he has never connected on a deep pass in which he takes a traditional drop back set. We clearly had wide open receivers running towards the endzone and he just doesn't have the talent to put it where it needs to be.

Umm...I'm not a Thompson fan, but, man, he isnt THAT bad, he isnt great by any stretch IMO, and he hurt us last night, I think he really doesnt have the killer instinct as the guys that came before him, we need that, but man dood....he is the starter on the BIG XII Champs.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 10:20 AM
Paul Thompson is not a very good QB and he never was, as far as I know he has never connected on a deep pass in which he takes a traditional drop back set. We clearly had wide open receivers running towards the endzone and he just doesn't have the talent to put it where it needs to be.

Umm...I'm not a Thompson fan, but, man, he isnt THAT bad, he isnt great by any stretch IMO, and he hurt us last night, I think he really doesnt have the killer instinct as the guys that came before him, we need that, but man dood....he is the starter on the BIG XII Champs.
learn to use the quote function so that people don't think you are responsible for that stupidity you cut and pasted.

GrapevineSooner
1/2/2007, 10:22 AM
The loss in the 1984 Orange Bowl was much tougher to get over than this will be.

Eielson
1/2/2007, 10:23 AM
This is the end of the line for Boise State. They will never reach a point this high ever again. Oklahoma has so much to look forward to. Our minor losses will easily be made up. We've got great linebackers coming in to replace Latimer and Alexander and Paul Thompson isn't much of a quarterback to replace.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 10:23 AM
The loss in the 1984 Orange Bowl was much tougher to get over than this will be.
The loss to KSU in the CCG will be worse than this and it didn't even keep us from a shot at the title.

Reincarnate
1/2/2007, 10:24 AM
SAS, it wouldn't hurt you to be more objective instead of a homer. Blind loyalty and not being critical of your team doesn't make you a "great" fan. So you go right ahead and stick your head up stoop's *** and think everything is rosy.

Rhino
1/2/2007, 10:25 AM

Boise earned the win.

Our FANBASE will be the laughingstock with threads like this. Yep.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 10:26 AM
SAS, it wouldn't hurt you to be more objective instead of a homer. Blind loyalty and not being critical of your team doesn't make you a "great" fan. So you go right ahead and stick your head up stoop's *** and think everything is rosy.
You don't know the difference between BS and objectivity.

soonernation
1/2/2007, 10:26 AM

Boise earned the win.

This is the most accurate statement made in the last 24 hours.

TUSooner
1/2/2007, 10:28 AM
I think what bugs Stormchaser (as it bugs me) is that the great accomplishments of the team were almost unnoticed by the rest of the country in the regular season, but when we were the only game in town, we laid an egg. I'm not losing hope for the future, but I can't sugarcoat last night.

picasso
1/2/2007, 10:29 AM
remind them we won the Big 12 conference and they lost to 2 Aggy schools.

we are not the laughing stock of the country.

if you think so then you're a magnificent wanker.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 10:30 AM

second best post in this thread ;)

SunDevilSooner
1/2/2007, 10:53 AM
I agree with that 100%. The way the Sooners played last night made me proud and has caused to be able to get past this game very quickly. Nothing but bright days ahead for the Sooner football team.

SPEK!! I am PROUDLY wearing my OU shirt to work today. I was at the game last night...and I can tell you that I am proud to be a Sooner.

That BSU team was legit...their O-Line was big and protected their QB well. They made plays and capitalized on our mistakes, just like any good team should. Their fans were legit too...the stadium looked like the RR shootout, with the stadium split almost in half, half in crimson, and half in orange.

OUr team...to thier's and the coaching staff's credit did not quit and came roaring back. Plenty of props to the Sooner fans at the game too...I didn't see anyone leave early, and we almost willed the team back for a miracle win. When OUr fans started chanting "Sooner Magic" after the int, the atmosphere was electric.

Could we have played better? Of course...but the lesson I am passing onto my boys who were at the game with me is that the Sooners NEVER QUIT...they kept grinding it out, even though they only had thier "B" game today...

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 11:03 AM
I think what bugs Stormchaser (as it bugs me) is that the great accomplishments of the team were almost unnoticed by the rest of the country in the regular season, but when we were the only game in town, we laid an egg. I'm not losing hope for the future, but I can't sugarcoat last night.

BINGO!!!

Spek!

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 11:04 AM
BINGO!!!

Spek!
there is a world of difference between what he said and what you said.

brown town sooner
1/2/2007, 11:23 AM
Good grief!!! Give Boise some props...they were a gritty, well-coached football team that won a great game. Accept it and move on!!!

otis
1/2/2007, 11:26 AM
some teams win 11 games and they are flying high we win 11 and we are pist thats what it means to be a sooner. we'll be alright

BIG_IKE
1/2/2007, 11:29 AM

True...

but we lost to THEM and an Aggie school last night.

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 11:31 AM
there is a world of difference between what he said and what you said.

I disagree SAS.

Allow me to clarify a bit. I don't think that last night was so bad, that we've become a laughingstock. I'm just ****ed at how quickly the national media (i.e. the Penis and his gang of circle jerkers) are so quick to annoint BSU as giant killers and us as chokers that they're insinuating that we've become the official laughingstock of college football per them.

I'm mad that, after all we've been through, after what seemingly little accolades OU has received this year after all that CRAP, we're getting kicked around even worse than before.

I want to know just what the hell we did to deserve all this!

Tear Down This Wall
1/2/2007, 11:37 AM
You forgot TCU and UCLA.....and Texas 2 years straight. Yeah, 4th and 18 and give up a touchdown is REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!

...on plays that came out of a 1932 playbook. Hook and Ladder...Statue of Liberty. Stupid.

Uh, unless Barry Alvarez is a big liar, our safeties were sucked in like whores to a crack pipe on the hook and ladder. Right before it happened, Alvarez says, "OU has three guys basically standing on the goal line" to protect from anything deep. Hah! We fooled you Barry!

Hello, anyone keying on #41, the guy with 1,600+ yards and 25 TDs coming into the game? Well, not on the last play anyway. If there are three receivers on one side of the field, we apparently forget about the other eight players on the field.

Weak. Very, very weak.

Dio
1/2/2007, 11:38 AM
I am PROUDLY wearing my OU shirt to work today.

Ditto

OSUAggie
1/2/2007, 11:40 AM
I want to know just what the hell we did to deserve all this!

You are a national power and just got taken down by Cinderella. That's what you did to deserve this. Underdogs make for good stories. That's it.

FaninAma
1/2/2007, 11:41 AM
PT is a great Sooner and he led this team to a good season. Having said that I think any of our previous 3 QB's, Huepel, Hybl and White(I'll refrain from throwing Bomar in the mix) would have carved up that Boise State defense.

And I am in the camp that thinks we have bigger and better things ahead of us. Of course I wear crimson glasses 24/7 but I think we'll be better at QB, DL, OL and LB next year. I just think the talent we have coming back is awesome. McCoy added to an already strong DL. The JUCO LB is a monster and the kid from Las Vegas would have been starting this year. We'll have more depth and size on OL.

I am excited about next year's team.

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 11:42 AM
Now if we can settle on a QB...

FlatheadSooner
1/2/2007, 11:44 AM

Although PT made some crucial mistakes early, he's very much responsible for getting us out of that hole and back into the game. His calmness and resolve helped in this respect. He's still performed way better than anyone expected this year.

zeke
1/2/2007, 11:50 AM
I wouldnt say that we laid an egg. Could we have played better? Yes, but Boise St. is well coached, they were motivated to win and they have got a ton of heart. They deserved to win this game.

We are NOT the laughing stock of college FB.

And like others I am proud to be wearing my Crimsom & Cream today.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Tear Down This Wall
1/2/2007, 11:55 AM
I agree with FanInAma and Flathead...

The future looks good. It won't take much to be more productive than the tiro of underperforming senior DEs in 2006 who chipped in on 7.5 sacks in 13 games. Very poor.

You'd think the OL, with four juniors next year, will be better. We'll see. Also, the DT play can't be worse. After years of watching Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek, we got spolied. Bennett, Coleman, and Pendleton are not playmakers. They've had years to develop into better players, but they're all still incosistent. Let's hope Granger and McCoy can step up to the plate next years and deliver a middle like Harris and Dvoracek gave us.

As for Thompson, he's a gamer. Yes, he put us in a hole, but...with a fourth year tight end, Joe Jon Finley, unable to bock, I only half-blame Thompson. Also, Joe Jon's dropped passes are getting really old. Maybe in his fifth year he can put it all together. If not, we seriously need to look at who coaches the TEs. We've basically gotten a big bag of nothing from TE since Jonathan Hayes left after 2002. P-f'n-thetic.

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2007, 11:57 AM
Amen about Finley...I was ripping my hair out watching him last night...

Wishboned
1/2/2007, 12:13 PM
Last night I saw two teams that refused to quit.

Last night I saw two quarterbacks who didn't let their mistakes rattle them and rose to the occasion.

And even though it didn't end the way I wanted it to, last night I saw one of the most exciting finishes to a college football game that I have ever seen.

And I am proud to be a Sooner, we are not the laughingstock of anyone and we don't have anything to be ashamed about.

We're Sooners dammit.

SoonerFaninAZ
1/2/2007, 12:19 PM
...on plays that came out of a 1932 playbook. Hook and Ladder...Statue of Liberty. Stupid.

But don't you think that's part of the reason that trick plays often work? Really, how much practice time is spent defending plays that haven't been popular since 1932?

GrapevineSooner
1/2/2007, 12:32 PM

Last night I saw two quarterbacks who didn't let their mistakes rattle them and rose to the occasion.

And even though it didn't end the way I wanted it to, last night I saw one of the most exciting finishes to a college football game that I have ever seen.

And I am proud to be a Sooner, we are not the laughingstock of anyone and we don't have anything to be ashamed about.

We're Sooners dammit.

Had we quit after going down 28-10, I might agree with the premise of this thread. Since we fought back, I'm going to consider this suggestion asinine.

props
1/2/2007, 12:41 PM
at this point, it's all about next year.

Chi Gamma Blackness
1/2/2007, 12:51 PM
We lost by 1 point not 20, we came back and fought, despite all the negatives to me the most amazing play I honestly saw was AD's last run to put us up in OT. Nobody even touched him. In no way, shape or form am I embarrassed about this loss. If anything, I'm totally excited about next year. The Sooner you get over it, the Sooner you will realize we are still a dominent team, no matter what any other idiot says.

Quack 10
1/2/2007, 01:56 PM
Sorry, WE'RE still the official laughing stock of NCAA football. You're not even a distant second.

usmc-sooner
1/2/2007, 02:05 PM

exactly.

sshusker
1/2/2007, 02:17 PM
Why would anyone be laughing at OU? What I saw was a team who scored on two turnovers early in the game and that gave them unbelieveable momentum that carried them through the game. What I also saw was a team (OU) who NEVER gave up!!! That says a whole lot to me and should to all of the OU fans. I know PT made some mistakes, but he also made some great plays. Both teams put it all out there and that was one of those games that you hate to see either team lose.

Seamus
1/2/2007, 02:32 PM
Dang, who let all the n00bs in here? :D

For those of you on the suicide watch, remember, "it's across the street, not down the road."

Nate Johnson
1/2/2007, 02:37 PM

Uh, unless Barry Alvarez is a big liar, our safeties were sucked in like whores to a crack pipe on the hook and ladder. Right before it happened, Alvarez says, "OU has three guys basically standing on the goal line" to protect from anything deep. Hah! We fooled you Barry!

Hello, anyone keying on #41, the guy with 1,600+ yards and 25 TDs coming into the game? Well, not on the last play anyway. If there are three receivers on one side of the field, we apparently forget about the other eight players on the field.

Weak. Very, very weak.

I too was very disappointed that nobody was covering Johnson.

soonerloyal
1/2/2007, 02:51 PM
I've said it before - some people are always laughing at us because we are Oklahoma (and they are not). Ehhh. You can't change the minds of those people, no matter who you beat, how many NCs you have, how often you run their arses into the field, etc. It's like the idiots who, despite knowing my sons for their whole lives, think that just because they're Marines, now they are robotic baby killers. Puh-leeeze.

Do I waste my time trying to make them know differently? You can't teach a pig to sing opera - and you can't make someone change their minds. THEY have to do that for themselves, and if they aren't interested in learning, don't waste your time trying.

I've spent many a game screaming at the screen or the field "OHFORTHELOVEOFCHRISTDON'TRUNITUPTHEMIDDLEAGAIN!!" I don't always agree with Bob Stoops; I don't always think everything is peachykeen. I know he knows a hella lot more than I do about fooball in general, and himself and his team specifically. Do I get ****ed off when we don't win a National Championship every year? No. But do I start out every season believing we can? Damn right I do. It's how I think I should believe as a true fan.

I was born in 1959 and have been listening to and/or watching and/or attending games ever since. I've seen GREAT times, I've seen rotten times, mediocre times, boring times, and all the times in between. What does not change is the basic greatness of the Oklahoma Football Dynasty, and the real core of people who love it.

There's a reason we are loved, and respected, hated and decried, looked up to and down upon, often in the same breath. Oklahoma Football is a true legend based on true greatness. You either get it or you don't. We would continue to grow and thrive regardless, just as out forebearers did through great adversity. Part of our greatness is that our football program mirrors those people who came before us, and rose to greatness even when some said it wasn't possible.

Oklahoma continues to prove the naysayers wrong - and always will.

soonermeteor
1/2/2007, 03:09 PM
I've had a night to think about, and of course I'm disapointed, but you dust yourself off and wait until next year. In football, you win some, and then lose a lot more. Michigan is a laughing stock, Notre Dame will be a laughing stock, if Ohio state loses they will be a laughing stock, USC was a laughing stock after UCLA. Every team has their bad moments, and every once in a while you get a good one. Remember the 2000 national championship. That year we were written off as amatures and won. Imagine how Florida State felt that year, probably the same way we felt after the loss to K State in the big 12 championship. Every team has their shining moments and every team has their embarrassments. Texas may have won the title last year but this year couldn't win the big 12... the list goes on forever because thats how the game of football is. I think the biggest thing is coming back from the years from hell ( the sports illustrated cover of our sooner getting arrested is haunting), but do people really even bring that up anymore?

If you need to don't put ESPN on for a few days, don't read the articles, just shrug this off. I know thats what I will be doing. However, wear the sooner shirt proudly. We have a history of championships and victory. This year, 03, 04....well, those weren't our years. 2000 was though and who knows, 2007 could be the year of the sooner. If its not, maybe 2008. Boise state gets their time to shine, but the sooners will be back in the limelight sometime soon.

Petro-Sooner
1/2/2007, 03:12 PM
Nate Hybl was a subpar QB at best.

SoonerLB
1/2/2007, 03:19 PM
We got beat by a very good football team. They had done their homework, and used that knowledge to pick on our weak spot, cornerbacks that bite. That is how they got their first and last TD's. Add to that the fact that Thompson gifts them 2 TD's, and that makes a big hole to get out of. But we did get out, with the benefit of a return gift TD and some great team effort.

We simply made too many mistakes, and they took advantage of those mistakes. And I also think we got out-coached.

We are not a laughing stock anywhere other than maybe with a few idiots. We lost a very tough, well fought, football game by ONE point in sudden death overtime. To a very good, and very well coached football team. Hardly a cause for any panic or mass suicide attempts.

And I'm proudly wearing my Sooner shirt today also!

Desert Sapper
1/2/2007, 03:35 PM

We're Sooners dammit.

Amen. That's the best post in this thread. Nobody quit. Nobody backed down. Rocky and Apollo both fall to the floor in the 15th round after Rocky catches Apollo with a good punch, Rocky beats the 10 count by getting to his feet on 9, while Apollo slumps back down. Rocky wins the title. I, for one, don't mind being Apollo.

(At least we didn't get Knocked the F*** out in the first round like in the GOWWDNS. This team had more heart than any team we've fielded since 2000. Never quit.)

Boomer Sooner!

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/2/2007, 03:42 PM
Ehhh. We get crap from everybody anyway just for being Oklahoma. That never changes. Pfffft.

I'm not laying down and taking it from anybody. I'm PROUD to be a Sooner.

Are you too big for a "mama hug"? It's all going to be all right. Really. :)

Seriously.
Just tell them who has the longest winning streak, most points scored (all years combined), 7 consensus titles, 16 overall (including pre-poll) national titles, 4 heisman trophy winners and Bob Stoops:texan: (+2). So suck it everyone else.:pop:

Scott D
1/2/2007, 04:01 PM
This thread is OFFICIALLY the laughing stock of me.

DustySooner
1/2/2007, 04:06 PM
How the hell are we the laughing stock of college football? OU played their hearts and arses off and almost came back from an 18 point deficit to win. I give every bit of my respect to our boys for not laying down and dying. It's not like they got beat by 50. People are acting like this is the biggest upset in football history.

Throw the gameplan out the window. Throw the 4 or 5 star players with 4.30 speed out the window. Throw the stats out the window. In a game like this, when a team like Boise has something to prove, it all comes down to heart and who wants it more, not who's more talented.

You think we as fans are upset about this loss? What about the kids out there sweatin and bleeding that will never suit up for OU again? How do they feel? Maybe we shouldn't be disappointed in this team for what they didn't accomplish this year. Instead praise them for what they did accomplish. We can't win them all, guys. Oklahoma is Oklahoma. We will be back. This isn't the end of existence. Screw the media. Screw what other fans say. We are Sooners. Be proud.

ADs_Agent
1/2/2007, 04:13 PM
All I'll say is this, 4 TO's

jwlynn64
1/2/2007, 04:20 PM
I'm having trouble with the whole "BSU deserved to win thing"

If by deserving, you mean that they had the chance to make a decision to go for 1 or 2 points on the final play of the game, knowing the amount of points that OU had, then they were deserving.

If you consider the coin toss, a lucky break for BSU so that they were able to be in a position to go for two to win the game (no clock management or any other factor coming into play) then I don't think that you can say they deserved to win any more than OU did. They just had the opportunity to go for the win.

Of course, Bob could have chosen to go for two after our TD but he played the odds that they would go for one if they scored. Had he had the knowledge that they would go for two, guess what, he would have gone for two as well.

Did they win? Of course they did. Did they deserve to win? Yes, but no more the OU deserved it.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=soonermeteor]Notre Dame will be a laughing stockQUOTE]

That says it right there. After the Domers get blasted by about 4-5 TDs and talk again turns to how Notre Dame hasn't won a Bowl game since 1994 there will be a lot less talk about our game. In fact our game will probably be an afterthought until next year other than the angle of some talking heads using Boise as a platform for bringing up a playoff.

StormySooner-IN
1/2/2007, 04:29 PM
For those who don't know, I'M A 14 YEAR OLD GOING TO A MIDDLE SCHOOL IN THE SUBURBS OF INDY! Tommrrow is gonna suck, not only did we lose, but all the ND fans will think they are the greatest. Can't wait til Thursday when the Domers get get WHIPPED!:D

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 04:32 PM

Did they deserve to win? Yes, but
sounds like you aren't struggling with the concept as much as you let on.

I don't have a problem giving BSU props for making more big plays than OU, and fewer bad plays. They earned the win.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 04:34 PM
For those who don't know, I'M A 14 YEAR OLD GOING TO A MIDDLE SCHOOL IN THE SUBURBS OF INDY! Tommrrow is gonna suck, not only did we lose, but all the ND fans will think they are the greatest. Can't wait til Thursday when the Domers get get WHIPPED!:D

Just ask the Domer Fans if they have ever won a Bowl game because you were 2 years old the last time they did. :P

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 04:36 PM
sounds like you aren't struggling with the concept as much as you let on.

I don't have a problem giving BSU props for making more big plays than OU, and fewer bad plays. They earned the win.

You kidding? I'm having trouble with the whole Boise St won thing. Forget whether they deserved it or not.:D

StormySooner-IN
1/2/2007, 04:40 PM
Just ask the Domer Fans if they have ever won a Bowl game because you were 2 years old the last time they did. :POr i could refer them to this.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6323570

Notice...stanford, UNC and others

BTW...I bought a OU 2007 Calender today to go along with the watch, hoodie, shirt and blankie I got. and now preparing to get Sooner Ringback Tone :D :D

soonerloyal
1/2/2007, 04:45 PM
Good to go, Stormy. Sounds like you are wise for your years and have a great head on your shoulders. You're a good OU fan.

Sounds like you have the makings of a good Marine, too. Ever thought about it?

Sorry, too moto for my own good. :D

But seriously...give it some thought. :cool:

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/2/2007, 05:10 PM

Paul Thompson is not a very good QB and he never was, as far as I know he has never connected on a deep pass in which he takes a traditional drop back set. We clearly had wide open receivers running towards the endzone and he just doesn't have the talent to put it where it needs to be. The other thing was our poor secondary was exposed again, we needed more pressure from the D-line as well.

This team has been the laughingstock for awhile ever since that KSU blowout in the big 12 championship game. This loser aura we have seem to have developed contributed to the reason we hardly rose in the polls during our 7 game win streak this year. Boise State is not this good, I think a true elite team would have put them in their place. As sooner fans we need to face up that we have a problem, we have lost our mojo.

this is about as full of $h!t as anything i've ever seen posted here.

seriously.

GrapevineSooner
1/2/2007, 05:11 PM
Say what you want about the way we played.

But BSU made the plays when they counted. They had to to win.

If it takes some of you a few days to realize that, so be it. It kind of took me awhile to accept that fact.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 05:17 PM
Say what you want about the way we played.

But BSU made the plays when they counted. They had to to win.

If it takes some of you a few days to realize that, so be it. It kind of took me awhile to accept that fact.
I was pretty much amazed at their guts and execution immediately.

You don't have room for mistakes when you play with less talent, and they played well enough during the game and pulled out all the stops when it was on the line.

Bud_Wilkinson
1/2/2007, 05:30 PM
You mention that we are the laughing stock of College football. Who would be laughing?
Not Hawaii, Oregon State, Nevada, Utah or San Jose State . They all lost to BSU earlier & by more.
Not Arizona State, they Lost to Hawaii (see above).
Not Missouri, Oregon or USC, they lost to Oregon State (see above)
Not Notre Dame or Michigan, they lost to USC (see above)
Not Wisconsin, they lost to Michigan (see above)
Not Arkansas, who lost to Wisconsin (see above)
Not Tennessee, Auburn or Ole Miss who lost to Arkansas (see above)
Not Memphis, who lost to Ole Miss (see above)
Not Florida, Nebraska, Washington State or LSU who lost to Auburn (see above)
Not Tulsa, they lost to Utah (see above)
Not Texas A&M, they lost to Cal who lost to USC who lost to OSU (see above).
Not Texas, who lost to Texas A&M (see above).
Not Oklahoma State, who lost to us, and cannot laugh anyway because they are Oklahoma State.
Not Alabama, who lost to OSU, Arkansas &Auburn (see above).

If we were to review schedules completely, I'm certain we could find scenarios to include most everyone with the exception of Ohio State who has not lost to anyone so far this season (but if they lose to Florida, everyone gets included).
Everyone talks about reaching parity in College football. Well, they can stop talking. I think we are there. The good news is in several areas. maybe this will force the PAC 10 to take on another member and they will have to have a Championship like the rest of the free world. Secondly, this blows up the BCS & we have to go to a playoff system. If Florida wins, there will only be one team 13-0.
So, if someone is laughing, then they don't get it. Everyone loses a game now and then. it's not about one game! It's about history, it's about tradition, it's about being proud to be an OU fan and being from Oklahoma.
So, we lost, hated to see it. But, probably won't be the last time. If they are laughing they are just taking an opportunity they don't get very often and "they" are just jealous of OUr tradition.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrimsonChampion
1/2/2007, 05:48 PM
BSU has my respect and they deserved that ballgame. I didn't think they'd even pose a threat, but they did much more than that. We're young, and I saw some of the WORST offensive playcalling in Sooner history, particularly redzone playcalling with the fades. Hats off to boise, they earned it and they have a somewhat fan in me.

I WILL NEVER BE ASHAMED TO BE A SOONER, and anyone that is ashamed to wear the crimson, even after a defeat like this, needs to go on down south of the border or something, we don't need ya.

The Oklahoma Football Monster will NEVER die, it just took a blow, but hopefully this will fuel the fire for next year, we're bringing back alot of guys, and hopefully they'll be p.i.s.s.e.d. OFF, embarresed, humiliated, and KNOW THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE. We are now the team that has something to prove after 3 straight bcs losses, and as most of us DO know, OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL can hit you with something you've never felt before when we have something to prove. It's football people, and we're not going anywhere, it's a rollercoaster and soon enough, we'll be holding up that good ole SAUCY championship trophy, don't know when it's gonna happen, I just know it will.

BOOMER SOONER PEOPLE, I love yall and it was fun while it lasted this year, stressful, but fun. See you in Norman next year, HAHA, Miami, get ready for the crimson rain baby cus it ain't gonna end on your sorry a.s.s.es.

TheLlama
1/2/2007, 05:59 PM
The game last night left a sour taste in my mouth but we didnt show up the first half and didnt deserve to win. Tough loss, Looking forward to next year

Texas Golfer
1/2/2007, 06:05 PM
I'm already getting so much crap from these Texans calling for Stoops' head for embarrasing the conference. What morons!

When we won the national championship, Bob got the reputation of being great in the big games. We beat top ranked teams consistently that year. Since then, Bob has become known for not winning the big games. He needs to find a way to get his mojo back.

Texas Golfer
1/2/2007, 06:25 PM

Weak. Very, very weak.

If we had any rush on at all, we stop both of those plays and we win the game.

wishbonesooner
1/2/2007, 07:04 PM
"I WILL NEVER BE ASHAMED TO BE A SOONER, and anyone that is ashamed to wear the crimson, even after a defeat like this, needs to go on down south of the border or something, we don't need ya."
damn skippy! OSU needs some paying customers, if you're embarrassed to be an OU fan, Stillwater isn't that far.

StormySooner-IN
1/2/2007, 07:09 PM
Good to go, Stormy. Sounds like you are wise for your years and have a great head on your shoulders. You're a good OU fan.

Sounds like you have the makings of a good Marine, too. Ever thought about it?

Sorry, too moto for my own good. :D

But seriously...give it some thought. :cool:Thanks....I've liked OU for 3 years....since I went to the SPC, and went to see the the Memorial and all that. My goal is to get into the meterology school.

StormySooner-IN
1/2/2007, 07:13 PM
"I WILL NEVER BE ASHAMED TO BE A SOONER, and anyone that is ashamed to wear the crimson, even after a defeat like this, needs to go on down south of the border or something, we don't need ya."
damn skippy! OSU needs some paying customers, if you're embarrassed to be an OU fan, Stillwater isn't that far.Amen. AMEN.

Rep for you.:cool:

DustySooner
1/2/2007, 07:16 PM
I'm already getting so much crap from these Texans calling for Stoops' head for embarrasing the conference. What morons!

When we won the national championship, Bob got the reputation of being great in the big games. We beat top ranked teams consistently that year. Since then, Bob has become known for not winning the big games. He needs to find a way to get his mojo back.

What's more embarassing? A coach winning the Big XII title, going to the Fiesta Bowl, and losing in overtime by a point? Or a coach choking not once...but back to back games and gift wrapping the Big XII south title to your most hated rival? I like the ending in our book a little better.

Scott D
1/2/2007, 07:36 PM
damn skippy! OSU needs some paying customers, if you're embarrassed to be an OU fan, Stillwater isn't that far.

not embarrassed to be an OU fan at all...especially since I'm surrounded by Spartans and Wolverines...however, Stillwater is a hell of a long way for me to go...and I'm pretty sure I would hate the smell.

SelmaBamaFan
1/2/2007, 07:42 PM
If Saban says no, then even I'LL be laughing at Alabama...

OU isnt even close to being the laughing stock of college football.

sooneron
1/2/2007, 09:21 PM

Just remind them of their sterling close victory over a 6-6 Iowa team in their own backyard.

Bud_Wilkinson
1/2/2007, 09:45 PM
Texas fans are giving you trouble.
let's look at what they did this year. Texas lost to aTm, who was slaughtered by Cal, who was beaten by USC, who was beaten by Oregon State, who was beaten (42 to 14) by Boise State.
So that makes Texas four teams less than Boise State. Plus, they have to live their lives with the personality of "Texans".

bluedogok
1/2/2007, 09:49 PM
When we won the national championship, Bob got the reputation of being great in the big games. We beat top ranked teams consistently that year. Since then, Bob has become known for not winning the big games. He needs to find a way to get his mojo back.I think his "mojo" is on the sidelines in Tucson.

BSU reminds me of the early Stoops years, back when OU played with a reckless abandon and a hungry look in their eyes. Back when the offense tried to shake things up and the defense was explosive. OU played with a "we have nothing to lose" attitude back then just like BSU played with last night. Since winning the NC, and since Mike & Mike leaving it seems to have gone into standard coach mode and not the "gunslinger" Bob that he used to be. It seems that Mike Stoops was the one to roll the dice and take chances.

I wish a little more of that Bob would come back.

Kray
1/2/2007, 10:04 PM
Being in a BCS game and playing in an instant classic should not make OU a laughingstock. I sat in awe of a game that was a work of art and wondered how many teams get a chance to play in one of those kinds of games more than once in a decade, if ever?

Will history remember that Texas beat Iowa or Oklahoma State beat Alabama or even that USC beat Michigan? No. But in ten years, this game will enter any discussion of great college football games.

Hold your heads high; there is nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing at all.

Socrefbek
1/2/2007, 10:13 PM

**** off! **** stick! and I mean that in the nicest way possible.:P

spatton713
1/2/2007, 10:38 PM
WOW that was the greatest game ive ever seen. Mayby AD will be back next year to show the nation what he can do. I thought we were gonna kill them before the game, then i thought they were gonna whoop us then i thought we were gonna win in the end then we lost haha anyways wow they had to be just destined to win that was ****in amazing i had nightmares about that statue of liberty play all night

SoonerTerry
1/2/2007, 10:39 PM

Troll allert

Chest Rockwell
1/2/2007, 10:47 PM
There's no shame in losing that game. Boise State sacked up and had perfect execution when they needed it. Petersen should be able to write his own ticket if he follows up this year with another good one. I'd really hate to see aTm get him when Fran finishes up his legacy next year.

Collier11
1/2/2007, 10:49 PM

Weak. Very, very weak.

If you will watch the play again, Lendy had the play snuffed out, he just got caught up in a perfectly executed block. Sometimes guys you just get out executed...think about it

mrjeffmaxwell
1/3/2007, 02:30 AM
(per ESPN and their moronic mouths)

I'm not even going to read past that post because you need to STFU.

FrostySooner
1/3/2007, 02:44 AM
I woke up this morning, put my Sooner T-Shirt on, my Sooner hoody, and my Sooner hat and wore them proudly in the state of Kansas. I am still a Sooner and I pretty much sucked it up late last night before I went to bed. The future is far too bright to let a loss to BSU give me ulcers. Next year will be fun and exciting. I can't wait until next years kick off!!!

soonermeteor
1/3/2007, 03:41 AM
A good way I thought to put this in perspective : We are only the laughingstock of college football because its the media that wants to make it that way and only if we LET it be that way. The media will blast anyone who does bad ( except notre dame because i swear they give secret leprechaun gold payoffs) because thats what they do. See politics or Paris hilton. They get off being on a "high horse" and trashing others and sucking up to what is a popular theme and just plain human nature: the "underdog" beating the favored. You gotta watch out, Boise State might end up on the cover of Newsweek or something while we get trashed ( no matter how close the game actually was, including them letting us score 25 straight points). However, we dont have control over that. What we do have control over is how we handle ourselves in front of others. I wore my OU hoodie out tonight proudly. We are only the laughing stock if we let it get to us.

SoonerTerry
1/3/2007, 04:10 AM
This thread missed a terrific opportunity to be drowned at birth...

But on a positive note I've added bout 10 names to the troll/moran list;)

guzziguy
1/3/2007, 05:55 AM
Except for the outcome that was probably the most exciting college football game I've ever seen. There were mistakes made by both teams, unfortunately the more costly ones were ours. But, dang guys, what a finish.

As for us being a laughing stock. Who gives a ________. Those who are laughing are doing so out of envy for the OU program. They wish their favorite team had OU's overall record and are simply glad that OU didn't add to an already amazing lead over the rest of the college football world.

I've decided to let them have their moment. In the future their team will make OU's schedule and odds are the laughs will be returned. If we played BSU tomorrow I'd bet OU would be favored. Some of the future loser's taunts are pretty good. My favorite today was:

"Did you hear that the team restaurant refused service Tuesday morning to Coach Stoops? Seems he ordered Wheaties and the manager said, "No, that comes in a bowl and you'll lose it.""

Yes, we've lost the last 3. I still wouldn't want to be the next coach in line to play the Sooners in a bowl. This year's team overcame huge obsticles to be the B-12 champ. They weren't the best team OU's ever had. Probably weren't in the the top 10 unless you're scoring the teams on heart and desire. Those are big categories in my book and this year's team IS the national champion in the Heart and Desire Division.

Ash
1/3/2007, 07:34 AM
This is easily the crappiest thread I've seen on this board. I'm already sorry that I'm about to post in it but I've got to get a couple things out there:

First, who cares what some hack might have said. All I've seen, though, is media types talking about how the Fiesta Bowl is arguably one of the greatest college football games ever played.

Second, how quickly people forgot that this team (meaning OU) was the same team that needed to improve each week and play well to beat their next opponent (whoever it was, with the exception of maybe MTSU and the Buffs). They played one hell of a B12 champ game which seems to have erased everyone's memory of the rest of the season.

The only word I hate more than "swagger" in cf is "mojo." WTF is mojo? Mike Stoops? There's no gaurantee that PT hits those long passes for TDs with Mike on the sidelines or that the turnovers don't happen, etc. Players get on the field and make plays or the outcome isn't good. Boise made one more big play than OU, that's how games like that go. If you don't like it stop watching football.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 09:07 AM
*** Boise made one more big play than OU, that's how games like that go. If you don't like it stop watching football.

I'm thinking about it.

:D

Desert Sapper
1/3/2007, 09:13 AM
Malcolm Kelly got knocked out of the game early. That changed everything. Anybody that thinks Joel Filani or Limas Sweed or some other half-baked receiver has the same skills as Malcolm Kelly or even deserves to be considered in the same general realm of greatness with Malcolm Kelly is a complete and total retard. If he were in the game the whole time, ENA would not have had the same problems. Sometimes fortune smiles on somebody else. As Sooner fans, we all need to live with Boise being blessed on Monday night.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/3/2007, 09:32 AM
This is easily the crappiest thread I've seen on this board. I'm already sorry that I'm about to post in it but I've got to get a couple things out there:

First, who cares what some hack might have said. All I've seen, though, is media types talking about how the Fiesta Bowl is arguably one of the greatest college football games ever played.

Second, how quickly people forgot that this team (meaning OU) was the same team that needed to improve each week and play well to beat their next opponent (whoever it was, with the exception of maybe MTSU and the Buffs). They played one hell of a B12 champ game which seems to have erased everyone's memory of the rest of the season.

The only word I hate more than "swagger" in cf is "mojo." WTF is mojo? Mike Stoops? There's no gaurantee that PT hits those long passes for TDs with Mike on the sidelines or that the turnovers don't happen, etc. Players get on the field and make plays or the outcome isn't good. Boise made one more big play than OU, that's how games like that go. If you don't like it stop watching football.

Echoing what Ash said the prevailing theme I've seen and heard from the media is that we came up on the short end of one of, if not the best college football games ever played. It probably wouldn't have been pimped as hard if we had won but no one that I've read/heard has suggested that we lost to a bad team.

As far as the game there is certainly plenty to be upset about. We all know we SHOULD have won the game. If we had lost 35-10 we might not have been THE laughingstock of college football but we would have been justified in receiving quite a bit of flak.

As it is the story isn't about us, it is about Boise St. So the whole premise of this thread is way off base.

SoonerStormchaser
1/3/2007, 09:32 AM
Oh man...y'all shoulda seen this.

Driving back from Norman to San Antonio yesterday, I had the unfortunate curse of driving through Austin.

I was on US 183 going past the airport.

This whorn car pulls up next to me, sees my OU Alum sticker on the car and rolls down his window.

Whorn: Great bowl game against Boise, loser!
Me: Great game against Aggie and K-State.
Whorn: (jaw drops in Stunned Aggie fashion)
Me: (drive off leaving whorn in the dust)

Why are whorns so stupid?

OUinFLA
1/3/2007, 09:46 AM
Im going to pull for Florida next week.
That would help to know we lost our bowl game to the only undefeated team in the country. :D

Actually echoing some of the above comments. The media is not ragging on us that I can see. They are giving great props to both teams for playing "the greatest game". And props to BSU for rising up into the ranks of current football powers. Im not seeing any negative crap about how OU should have won at all.

On the down side, we have now lost "the greatest game ever"(OU/BSU), and "the game of the century"(OU/NU). Maybe someday we will win "the best <insert new word here> of the <insert time frame here>"

Until then, I'll just take our chances that we will win a few more MNC's in my lifetime. After that, I wont much care.

jrsooner
1/3/2007, 10:01 AM
I live in Texas, I don't even want to go to work. These Texans are such pompass *******s. I will never hear the end of this. I have been looking for a job in OK for months now...I need to get out!!!!I wore my shirt yesterday to work. I had a horn (who played basket ball at UT) start to give me a hard time (or he tried). I looked at his shirt and saw for the first time in over a month, he was wearing a longhorn shirt. I told him "Sooners stand behind their team no matter what we did the previous week. I see you've finally started wearing your shirt again." His response "I'm from UT, we're all fair weather fans". :) My other co-workers all talked about the game, and all agreed it was a fantastic game, the only down part was OU didn't win. Out of all the people I work with, only one was trying to talk smack and even confessed he was a fair weather UT fan. :)

Easting
1/3/2007, 10:17 AM
Except for the outcome that was probably the most exciting college football game I've ever seen. There were mistakes made by both teams, unfortunately the more costly ones were ours. But, dang guys, what a finish.

As for us being a laughing stock. Who gives a ________. Those who are laughing are doing so out of envy for the OU program. They wish their favorite team had OU's overall record and are simply glad that OU didn't add to an already amazing lead over the rest of the college football world.

I've decided to let them have their moment. In the future their team will make OU's schedule and odds are the laughs will be returned. If we played BSU tomorrow I'd bet OU would be favored. Some of the future loser's taunts are pretty good. My favorite today was:

"Did you hear that the team restaurant refused service Tuesday morning to Coach Stoops? Seems he ordered Wheaties and the manager said, "No, that comes in a bowl and you'll lose it.""

Yes, we've lost the last 3. I still wouldn't want to be the next coach in line to play the Sooners in a bowl. This year's team overcame huge obsticles to be the B-12 champ. They weren't the best team OU's ever had. Probably weren't in the the top 10 unless you're scoring the teams on heart and desire. Those are big categories in my book and this year's team IS the national champion in the Heart and Desire Division.

Good post Guzzi

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 10:25 AM
Im going to pull for Florida next week.
That would help to know we lost our bowl game to the only undefeated team in the country. :D

Actually echoing some of the above comments. The media is not ragging on us that I can see. They are giving great props to both teams for playing "the greatest game". And props to BSU for rising up into the ranks of current football powers. Im not seeing any negative crap about how OU should have won at all.

On the down side, we have now lost "the greatest game ever"(OU/BSU), and "the game of the century"(OU/NU). Maybe someday we will win "the best <insert new word here> of the <insert time frame here>"

Until then, I'll just take our chances that we will win a few more MNC's in my lifetime. After that, I wont much care.
Dang, I like that post. :D

SoonerTerry
1/3/2007, 10:47 AM
Dang, I like that post. :D

me2

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 10:49 AM

Driving back from Norman to San Antonio yesterday, I had the unfortunate curse of driving through Austin.

This whorn car pulls up next to me, sees my OU Alum sticker on the car and rolls down his window.

Whorn: (jaw drops)

Why did you retaliate?

You are a self appointed laughingstock.

SoonerStormchaser
1/3/2007, 11:16 AM
Why do you like whorns SAS? ;)

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 11:19 AM
Why do you like whorns SAS? ;)
Laughingstocks aren't allowed to ask questions.

flopshotjoe99
1/3/2007, 11:24 AM
i've accepted the loss & can't wait until next season.

<----wearing my OU hat as always.:cool:

Big Red Ron
worst thread evar.

trey
laughingstock??? not after tonight. ND will take that title back. Go LSU!!!!

jrsooner
1/3/2007, 11:27 AM
Why did you retaliate?
You are a self appointed laughingstock.I agree, I've found down here that if you don't take the bait, it drives them more crazy than if you retaliate. Passive resistance...gotta love it.

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 11:29 AM
I love when my sarcasm gets mistaken for wisdom.

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 11:47 AM
Perhaps I'm biased... But how was that the "greatest game ever" as some are saying? Exciting? Sure. But the quality of play wasn't all that great until the final 5 minutes or so, and even then it was more exciting than great.

There were 7 total turnovers, many of which were on terrible decisions by QB's and not stellar defensive plays, 14 penalties combined, and the compelling story (whether or not Peterson would get 150+) averaged under 3 ypc in regulation and fell woefully short of his career average.

OU had to play a terrible game to lose, and they did. They completely self-destructed, willed their way back with Sooner Magic, and then blew it in the end. I know I'll get ripped for this, but even mentioning that that was the "greatest game ever" is an insult to college football.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 12:00 PM
worst thread evar.

I don't know...when I want a good laugh, I just click this thread..guaranteed to be a laughingstock to me evary time. :D

Texas Golfer
1/3/2007, 12:03 PM

Whorn: (jaw drops in Stunned Aggie fashion)

Living here, I have to put up with them daily.

sooneron
1/3/2007, 12:04 PM
Perhaps I'm biased... But how was that the "greatest game ever" as some are saying? Exciting? Sure. But the quality of play wasn't all that great until the final 5 minutes or so, and even then it was more exciting than great.

There were 7 total turnovers, many of which were on terrible decisions by QB's and not stellar defensive plays, 14 penalties combined, and the compelling story (whether or not Peterson would get 150+) averaged under 3 ypc in regulation and fell woefully short of his career average.

OU had to play a terrible game to lose, and they did. They completely self-destructed, willed their way back with Sooner Magic, and then blew it in the end. I know I'll get ripped for this, but even mentioning that that was the "greatest game ever" is an insult to college football.
I pretty much agree. People are too quick these days to insert themselves into history. "Yeah, I was watching that game... stayed up until the miracle 2 pt conversion".:rolleyes:

I had the same problem last year with the ut - sc game. VERY sloppy first half...

Texas Golfer
1/3/2007, 12:08 PM

The media is hyping it as the "greatest game ever" so they can continue their coverage long after the game is over. I don't think any Sooner fan will ever refer it as the "greatest game ever".

"Game of the Century" and "Greatest Game Ever"? Both times, the Sooners lose in the final moments of the game. I hope to never hear those terms again.

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 12:25 PM
Living here, I have to put up with them daily.
I live here too.

I don't hear crap out of them.

Maybe you guys need to look meaner.

jwlynn64
1/3/2007, 12:52 PM
Here in Dallas, the comments have been few and far between. I think that most people realize that the team played poorly at first but roared back at the finish and it took a desperation play by BSU to win the game.

Also, there isn't any guarantee that OU wouldn't have made the 2-point conversion if we had tried it. Stoops just guessed wrong.

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 12:55 PM
Here in Dallas, the comments have been few and far between. I think that most people realize that the team played poorly at first but roared back at the finish and it took a desperation play by BSU to win the game.

Also, there isn't any guarantee that OU wouldn't have made the 2-point conversion if we had tried it. Stoops just guessed wrong.
There was no reason to go for two with the lead.

Stoops did the right thing even in hindsight.

Had we gone for two and missed, and tBSU won on a regular extra point, these idiotic whines about Stoops would be justified.

tpatton
1/3/2007, 01:50 PM
Had we gotten our head handed to us (which looked close at 28-10), I would agree that we deserve some hard criticism. That didn't happen obviously. On the contrary, we fought back from our worst game of the year to come up just short. That took guts and deserves the respect we, as OU fans, should give to them. Switzer always talked about keeping your poise...I know the players showed it, the coaches showed it, and I should as well: Mirror the positives / Give BSU their props / Give Thompson, AD and the coaches the benefit of the doubt. Finally, realize that giving your best leaves nothing to be ashamed of at the end, no matter how it turns out. (They didn't lose on purpose) Lets all move on and look forward to a great 2007 with all the returning lettermen and the redshirts we have forgotten were there waiting their turn. End of sermon.

Stoop Dawg
1/3/2007, 02:53 PM
There was no reason to go for two with the lead.

Stoops did the right thing even in hindsight.

Had we gone for two and missed, and tBSU won on a regular extra point, these idiotic whines about Stoops would be justified.

They got to call the toss both times. They called "tails" both times. It was "tails" both times.

I smell a conspiracy!!

Big Red Ron
1/3/2007, 03:12 PM
They got to call the toss both times. They called "tails" both times. It was "tails" both times.

I smell a conspiracy!!Great minds....

Had BSU not won the toss in overtime, I doubt they would have won.

soonerloyal
1/3/2007, 10:21 PM
Conjecture after the fact is a waste of time. Hindsight is 20/20, yadda yadda yadda. But then, I'm a mom - that's what we always say.

(Doesn't mean I'm wrong though.)

Stitch Face
1/3/2007, 10:44 PM

BSU deserved to win because they scored one more point than we did. If the Sooners on the field don't like it they should score at least 44 next time.

Nobody "deserves" to win anything. You do your best; you win some and you lose some. Play below your opponent, on average, for four quarters, whether against Notre-frickin'-Dame or East Popcorn State and you're gonna lose, sucka. Good teams win more than most and the greatest teams win more than anybody in the long run.

I'd rather be a Sooner for a century than any other fan for one awesome night.

soonerloyal
1/3/2007, 10:58 PM

On THAT note, is where this thread should end.

Ash
1/3/2007, 11:00 PM
On THAT note, is where this thread should end.

Agreed.

Lock it and let it die.

Or just stop posting in it...oh wait...dammit...

blackbeauty02
1/3/2007, 11:13 PM
I thnk we should put shock collars on all the bandwagon fans who get ****ed off over a loss every now and then. I hate more than anything after 2000 we have all these fans and then we lose a game or two (wow we lost 3! this year) and we are calling for the heads of Stoops, the DC, the OC, etc. Other teams would kill to be at our position. We could have been oSu and been at the bottom of the Big XII but no we were at the top. We can't win 'em all. Seriously if your a sooner fan and you want to talk smack about my team send me a PM and I'll come kick your bandwagon ***.

blackbeauty02
1/3/2007, 11:18 PM
oh yea...and this being my first bowl game ever I am proud that we came back and gave them a fight. I would have been disappointed if we had been blown out. I am very proud of my sooners and will stand behind them til the day I die, hence the phrase "I'm sooner born...". And you know what ****es me off? My friend texts me after their second touchdown "It's gonna be a long drive home". I hate you fans that give up when the going gets touch. Even after the two early touchdowns I never lost hope. I knew we would come back. I kept telling everyone around me that we were just giving 'em a handicap.

Sooner Eclipse
1/3/2007, 11:45 PM
LET THIS ****ER DIE..... NOW!!!!!

The title of this thread is an embarassment more than anything the team has ever done.

THE END

Scott D
1/3/2007, 11:55 PM
BUT THIS THREAD AMUSES ME! MORE THAN RUSSELL CROWE PLAYING AT GLADIATOR! :D

Sooner Eclipse
1/3/2007, 11:59 PM
[David Earl/]DARNIT!!!![David Earl] :D

kevpks
1/4/2007, 12:34 AM
OUr reign as the laughing stock of college football lasted two days. Notre Dame has now taken over the title. What a beatdown!

arcman46
1/4/2007, 08:08 AM
I think Notre Dame is the laughingstock of college football:D

stewdawg
1/4/2007, 08:13 AM
Boise coach was on with Mike Francesa on WFAN in NYC y'day discussing the end.

One point he made was the split end lined in backfield who rolled then threw for TD was a set-up from last game of season. Boise ran same play, but rolled right and ran it. They knew Sooners staff would recognize formation and think they knew what was coming.

He also said they were very close to going for 2 point at end of reg, but decide to see what OT held, but knew the D was gassed when OU ran untouched on first play. He said he had no choice but to go for 2, on a play designed for back-up QB son of former NFL'er Neil Lomax.

stewdawg
1/4/2007, 08:17 AM
Boise coach was on with Mike Francesa on WFAN in NYC y'day discussing the end.

One point he made was the split end lined in backfield who rolled then threw for TD was a set-up from last game of season. Boise ran same play, but rolled right and ran it. They knew Sooners staff would recognize formation and think they knew what was coming.

He also said they were very close to going for 2 point at end of reg, but decide to see what OT held, but knew the D was gassed when OU ran untouched on first play. He said he had no choice but to go for 2, on a play designed for back-up QB son of former NFL'er Neil Lomax.

He also gave credit to Sooner D backfield, in a strange way. The hook and lateral they ran "doesnt usually" work when they run it in practise because their guys are slower and dont close on the 1st reciever as well, leaving guys in position to make the play on 2nd WR. He said OU closed so good and fast, it left more field open when they hit the play.

rainiersooner
1/4/2007, 08:31 AM
I agree with FanInAma and Flathead...

The future looks good. It won't take much to be more productive than the tiro of underperforming senior DEs in 2006 who chipped in on 7.5 sacks in 13 games. Very poor.

You'd think the OL, with four juniors next year, will be better. We'll see. Also, the DT play can't be worse. After years of watching Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek, we got spolied. Bennett, Coleman, and Pendleton are not playmakers. They've had years to develop into better players, but they're all still incosistent. Let's hope Granger and McCoy can step up to the plate next years and deliver a middle like Harris and Dvoracek gave us.

As for Thompson, he's a gamer. Yes, he put us in a hole, but...with a fourth year tight end, Joe Jon Finley, unable to bock, I only half-blame Thompson. Also, Joe Jon's dropped passes are getting really old. Maybe in his fifth year he can put it all together. If not, we seriously need to look at who coaches the TEs. We've basically gotten a big bag of nothing from TE since Jonathan Hayes left after 2002. P-f'n-thetic.

I agree except that I put more blame on the tackles than the DEs - who after all we great the last two years when they got help on the inside.

Texas Golfer
1/4/2007, 11:32 AM
He also gave credit to Sooner D backfield, in a strange way. The hook and lateral they ran "doesnt usually" work when they run it in practise because their guys are slower and dont close on the 1st reciever as well, leaving guys in position to make the play on 2nd WR. He said OU closed so good and fast, it left more field open when they hit the play.

Apparently, speed does kill. We hurt ourselves by being so fast.

bluedogok
1/4/2007, 11:52 AM
That is why you use misdirection plays against a fast pursuing defense, to use their assets against them.

Dio
1/4/2007, 01:22 PM

Sig worthy

recemp
1/4/2007, 06:42 PM
Laugh if they must but...
After that debacle in Miami where our players quit and we're looking for the 'red-eye' back to Oklahoma' - I appreciated the character that this team showed. In the Big XII championship after Nebraska had us pinned on several series, Paul Thompson starts smoking and we run the length of the field.
Down 28-10 in the Fiesta, that should have been it. I was reaching for my car keys.
If we can keep this kind of heart into next year and not have to change personnel after the red and white game. Nobody will be laughing