PDA

View Full Version : We will win the NC...

bcgvh
1/2/2007, 03:00 AM
In 2008.....I'm calling it now. Give this Michigan QB recruit 1 year to get it together and we're going all the way.

BHud
1/2/2007, 03:08 AM
Just say no.

www.na.org

mikeb
1/2/2007, 03:12 AM
Are you saying we win it in 2009 or what? After all that would be allowing him one year to get it together.

LittleWingSooner
1/2/2007, 03:34 AM
If we come up with an offense that can effectively use the running backs and tight ends in the passing game, and not just try and out physical everyone, then I agree.

TJKDone
1/2/2007, 08:02 AM
If we come up with an offense that can effectively use the running backs and tight ends in the passing game, and not just try and out physical everyone, then I agree.

To me this is a big and unnoticed difference between OU's offense under Wilson compared with the previous coordinators under Stoops. With Leach, Mangino, Long you guys were always creative and VERY good at gameday surprises. I haven't seen much of that with the new guy. He did a good job in the Fiesta because of the obvious physical difference between the two teams, but game planning against teams with equivalent talent was a different matter this season.

Hook'em

OU Adonis
1/2/2007, 08:54 AM
Leach only won is 7 games in 99 and thats it.

LittleWingSooner
1/2/2007, 09:26 AM
I don't think it's the Offensive Coordinator. I think Stoops wants this type of play. He wants our offense to just out physical teams and not out scheme teams. Because Longs last 2 years we were the same way on offense. In 2003 our playcalling was pretty good all year. We just lacked execution our last 2 games that year. That'll happen some times. Even with USC, Texas, anyone. But you have to be the aggressor. I think Stoops just wants an offense that moves the ball alright but the offense has to try and out physical teams.