PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from Fiesta Bowl, and...

PeoriaSooner
1/2/2007, 02:58 AM
Congrats to Boise State and congrats to the Sooners! That was one hell of a football game at any level. I coach Pop Warner and have been a Sooner fan since I could walk. Both teams played well and made bigtime football plays when they needed to. The hook-n-ladder and statue-of-liberty calls took huge cajones and were executed perfectly by Boise State. OUr boys never gave up and made big plays when they were called to. This was one of the best football games I've ever seen! My hat is off to every player, coach, and fan involved with the 2007 Fiesta Bowl! Great way to represent your teams and your sport! Good luck in your future endeavors, young men! Instant classic!

Boise Fans, you all are a class bunch and with whom I made a lot of good friend tonight. Your program has limitless potential and your team deserves to play the winner of OSU / Florida for the true title on Jan 15th.

Peoria Sooner

mikeb
1/2/2007, 03:16 AM
THEY HAD NOTHING TO LOSE. It does not take big cajones whenever you have nothing to lose and are very desperate.

n8v_ndn
1/2/2007, 04:47 AM
Looking back on it, it seems Boise State's been looking for respect for some time now. They've built the program up through diligent work like the little engine that could, and it took YEARS to get to where they're at. Losing this game would have been a huge blow to what they want their program to be, so they did have a lot to lose.

I didn't see desperation out there, I saw a prepared, focused team seizing the moment in a pressure packed situation.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 05:24 AM
I don't think they were desperate either. They were beaten with a little over a minute to play. They saw our defense and then proceeded to pillage it in a proficient, if not backyard, manner. They very easily could've folded after the returned pick but didn't. They were focused, mean, and ready to get after whatever the Sooners threw at them. Congratulations to them. They had heart courage and want tonight. They wanted it more than OU and that's too bad. It shouldn't have been that way.

jkjsooner
1/2/2007, 10:11 AM
The hook-n-ladder and statue-of-liberty calls took huge cajones and were executed perfectly by Boise State.

I agree to an extend on the second one. It took guts to go for two but everybody expected it.

As for the first play, it was fourth down and the game was on the line. Doesn't take much guts to reach deep in the playbook on that one. A gutsy call is one that has a high risk and reward. You might as well go for broke on that play (no risk).