PDA

View Full Version : So what about Peterson now?

batonrougesooner
1/2/2007, 02:48 AM
Does he stay or go?

I'm thinking go.

All_Day_28
1/2/2007, 02:49 AM
stay

poke4christ
1/2/2007, 02:50 AM
stay

That would sure help to keep your SN legit. No offense intended, but I kind of think it's funny when I see SNs that have life span.

Scotty
1/2/2007, 02:51 AM
Peterson or no peterson, I feel very confident with out RB position next year.'

I really want one more year or him, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2007, 02:52 AM
Would you want that to be your last game as a Sooner if you had a choice?

SoonerTerry
1/2/2007, 02:53 AM
I think he comes back.

mikeb
1/2/2007, 02:53 AM
He is staying. I also think that he might just get a few carries to the outside next year. Just a thought.

iknowyoudidnt
1/2/2007, 02:54 AM
He's on his way to the NFL, you could tell by the look on his dad's face. I don't mean that as a jab, and I know it sounds a bit mean, but it seemed really apparent that dad was more concerned about lack of injury than the outcome of the game. That's understandable with grillions of dollars on the line.

I can't wait to watch AD in the NFL. I hope he gets drafted by a team with a quality O-line so we can really see what he's capable of.

poke4christ
1/2/2007, 02:57 AM
He'll go and the sooners will have no worries at RB. Its an excellent system.

iknowyoudidnt
1/2/2007, 03:01 AM
Does Patrick hit the hole faster than AD or something? It sure seems like he was able to make more out of those runs up the middle that we're so fond of. It would be a dream to have AD back for another season, but I too feel pretty good about that position for another couple of years at least. Hopefully our boys can get some blocking next year.

OhU1
1/2/2007, 03:02 AM
Dream on, he's gone. Glad he went out on the field and his last touch was a fine TD gaunt.

FrostySooner
1/2/2007, 04:30 AM
I don't know if he is staying or going, but if he stays, I hope we change some things with him next year. We will have seasoned players again next year. Our receiving core is going to be awesome and our O-Line will be better with the experience. We will also have the best TE duo in the nation IMO. Let AD get his yards and touches, but don't put it all on his shoulders if he does come back. If we use all of our weapons next year, we will be very impressive I think.

...But...

If all we are going to do is make it the AD show, I would rather see him go. This is nothing against AD because I think he is the best back in the nation and a stand up guy, but it seems as though the rest of the team is more cohesive without him simply because they can't rely on him to take them to the promised land.

Rusher
1/2/2007, 04:41 AM
Patrick gets more yardage lately because he's not as "hyped" as AD. Think about it, every opposing team pays attention on how to contain AD on every single game. Their defense is designed to stop AD. But how 'bout Patrick? Not so much. That's why he makes them pay the price.

It's a tough call, IMO. It would be nice to have another year with AD but from the way his injuries build up, it is better to leave early for some NFL's $$$$$$.

iknowyoudidnt
1/2/2007, 04:41 AM
I think we may have underestimated the impact such a phenomenal player can have on the team. Having AD in the game changes everything, including the way we play. I can't say with any certainty that's been beneficial for us, especially this year.

The "AD Show," as you put it, may have been a larger distraction to the players (and coaches) than we're letting on.

jrsooner
1/2/2007, 06:16 AM
Personally, I think he's gone. I won't be sad about it either. I think AD is a great player, but I don't think our coaches know how to coach when he's in there. We had a ton of success without him on the field, rather than having our coaches and players think he'll magically win the game for us. I think we'll be a more cohesive unit next year with him in the NFL.

sooner-n-ga
1/2/2007, 08:23 AM
Our coaches and team kind of sit back and wait on him to win games, but without him they have to do a better job of coaching and playing.

He will last about 4 years in the pro's because of his ability to get hurt. A team would be foolish to draft him before the 2nd round, but I say that for any running back. 1st round picks should be saved for QB's, Left tackles and D-linemen.

MamaMia
1/2/2007, 10:08 AM
We'll do just fine with or without him. I do hope he makes up his mind real soon because it will have a bearing on the decisions that this years recruits will make.

OkieSoo
1/2/2007, 10:12 AM
It would be foolish for him to stay.

No?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 10:25 AM
I have to say I find it somewhat puzzling how some people think that losing the best RB in the country is going to help the team. An offense isn't doomed to be predictable just because it has a great RB.

As for AD, I think once he sits down and weighs the pros and cons that it just makes sense to go pro, get drafted in the first 10 picks and start scoring TDs in the NFL. For selfish reasons I'd like to see him come back, but like Roy Williams I think it is the logical choice.

Allan Patrick and Chris Brown are not AD, but they will do great and the program will continue to shine.

Reincarnate
1/2/2007, 10:28 AM
The smart advice would be to stay, Adrian needs to work on his patience at reading the holes and hitting the cutback lanes. His pass blocking and receiving also needs work.

Taking a handoff and blasting ahead is how he is running right now, and that won't work in the NFL.

soonerhillbilly
1/2/2007, 10:34 AM
Well I don't want to blame him, but OU lost 2 games with him then went on a streak, then, well we saw what happened last night with him. Its been great, but its time to move on. BOOMER SOONER !

soonerloyal
1/2/2007, 10:36 AM
The Sooner Dynasty is not about one coach. It's not about one quarterback. Not about one RB. Not about one player at all.

It's the TEAM. The whole package. The staff, the players, even the Sooner Nation.

I'd like AD to stay another year, but I want him to do what's right for his future. Whatever that means - moving on or staying for his Senior year, God bless him. He's a wonderful young man, and he will always have a special place in our hearts and history.

The Oklahoma Sooners aren't going anywhere but up and on, as always.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 10:41 AM
Well I don't want to blame him, but OU lost 2 games with him then went on a streak, then, well we saw what happened last night with him. Its been great, but its time to move on. BOOMER SOONER !

I don't get it. If we were in on a senior RB rated #1 in the country like AD was when we got him EVERYONE would be thrilled if we could land the player. We have a player who has proven to be a Heisman caliber player and the likely front-runner if he returned next year and (not singling out you soonerhillbilly because your opinion is pretty widely shared) many seem to think the team might be better without AD. If he were to come back next year I have absolutely zero problem with making him the primary focus of the offense at risk of being more predictable.

From a fan standpoint I can't see why we wouldn't all want AD back.

From the standpoint of AD, I think he should choose to go pro and I have no problem with that.

sooneron
1/2/2007, 10:49 AM
I love morons that hang the oregon game/ *loss on AD. Our playcalling was suspect a few times tonight and NONE of it was reliance on AD.

soonerhillbilly
1/2/2007, 10:53 AM
Well, I should keep my comments to myself, still trying to get over last night, great game, but hard to take since my team lost. I'll be happy with whatever choice he makes, but OU can't be one dimensional next season and think they can win the NC. AD stays then all focus will be on him. That won't work. OU needs to spread the love like the last 8 games, if they want to make it 8 Nattys. BOOMER SOONER !

JLMSOONER
1/2/2007, 11:00 AM
He will go. His own teammates said he would be a fool to stay. It would be great tohave him back. He loves teh game and his teammates and he is a true competitor. Did you see him make the tackle late in the game on the sideline. He put down some hammer. The guy is a standup guy. Go or stay he is still an awesome player and I'm sure a great teammate! Did he cost us the game? I wondered before the game the same as some of you. Will we focus on him and thus BS will as well? Or will he break them? They played great and stuffed AD. Yes patrick had some good carries and we have come to expect that from him. He is also a competitor and a great kid. For AP to be able to blast throught the end of the season like he did and then stand on the sideline at the start of the last game had to be difficult. But when called upon he delivered with everything he had. I want AD to stay as well and hope he does. He really hasn't tipped his hand either way and it wouldn't surprise me either way, but I still think he goes. Really, I think we missed Kelly last night. Thompson was off, especially in the first half, but he did play better late and our go to reciever was out. Chaney played well, but he is not Kelly.
As for next year, yes we have a great team returning, but we have no experienced QB. This concerns me. I know we have some capable QB's on campus and a great recruit, but we have zero experience. If AD stays, this again puts everything back on him. I don't know. We had a great season for a difficult year. I don't think many of us thought we would have gotten where we are after the news in August. But we did. We will see what happens. All of our guys played hard. They are as much or more disappointed than we are. I look forward to a great recruiting year and some solid spring practices. When the gun fires next year, they willplay their hearts out again and we will see what happens when the dust settles.

KC//CRIMSON
1/2/2007, 12:13 PM
After what happened last night, he's probably thinking he can't sign an NFL contract fast enough...

GottaHavePride
1/2/2007, 12:32 PM
Why would AD stay when our offense seems designed to make him look ineffective? Right now AD's biggest problem is how much better he is than most everyone else on the field. Other teams can sell out to stop him and take their chances with PT and the receivers. When PT is on his top game, teams pay for that gamble - when PT and the receivers are off, like last night, we get stumped. With that said, PT is STILL the only reason we had a chance to win that game last night.

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 12:34 PM
After what happened last night, he's probably thinking he can't sign an NFL contract fast enough...

no kidding :(

I think that last run was all the NFL scouts needed to see. Thanks for being a Sooner, AD.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2007, 01:04 PM
I can't wait to watch AD in the NFL. I hope he gets drafted by a team with a quality O-line so we can really see what he's capable of.Haha, sad but true.The Sooner line has done a great job of pass blocking this year, but couldn't move peoplle around on run blocks.

TheLlama
1/2/2007, 01:18 PM
He goes... to the Raiders preferrably. And to all the people saying he should stay to work on his game wtf... hes one of the best in college football.

Sooner-N-KS
1/2/2007, 01:28 PM
If he does go, the last time he touched the ball as a Sooner he had a 25 yard TD run.

ashley
1/2/2007, 01:53 PM
There are lots of different things but their ain't no coaches thats for sure.

Remembering Tom Stidham
1/2/2007, 02:21 PM
When Georgia fans were debating Hershel Walker's return for his senior year, Dale Hansen said: "If he turns down a $40 million contract for another year in college, he NEEDS more education." AD's family has no money. He is GONE.

wishbonesooner
1/2/2007, 02:30 PM
I think the Oregon game was one of, if not the best game of AD's career. Gawd he was awesome.

Scotty
1/2/2007, 02:33 PM
cnnsi.com

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- If this was Adrian Peterson's final game at Oklahoma, he tried to leave Sooners fans with a tremendous goodbye gift.

Held in check through most of his first game in nearly three months, Peterson ran 25 yards for a score on the opening play of overtime, but could only watch as Boise State's Ian Johnson trumped it with the game-winning 2-point conversion run in the Broncos' 43-42 win over the seventh-ranked Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl on Monday night.

"I've got a little time. So basically, I'll just sit back. I'll have time to relax and go over things and then I'll make my decision."
-- Adrian Peterson
"My head is just spinning right now," Peterson said after the wild finish.

A sure-fire first-round NFL draft pick, he has yet to announce whether he'll return for his senior season. The bruising, 6-foot-2 tailback would have millions of dollars awaiting him in the NFL. About the only thing that could keep him in college is a shot at two prizes that have eluded him -- the Heisman Trophy and a national championship.

Playing in his first game since breaking his collarbone, the 2004 Heisman runner-up came up well shy of his goal of 200 yards and even the 151 yards he needed to break 1978 Heisman Trophy winner Billy Sims' school career record of 4,118.

He ended up with a season-low 77 yards on 20 carries but saved one last spectacular play as perhaps the finishing touch on an unforgettable career.

On the Sooners' first play of overtime, Peterson swept left down the sideline and into the end zone to make it 42-35.

But he could only watch as Boise State pulled out all its tricks to win it.

As Johnson ran untouched around the left side with the handoff from a "Statue of Liberty" play, Peterson could only point to the left from the sideline.

"They had some trick plays throughout the game, and I just kind of had a feeling," Peterson said. "It was a nice play. They capitalized on it, and they came out with the victory."

When it was over, he walked by himself toward the Sooners' locker room, perhaps for the final time. But he said he hasn't made that decision yet.

"I've got a little time. So basically, I'll just sit back," Peterson said. "I'll have time to relax and go over things and then I'll make my decision."

The touchdown run would be a fitting end for a career that began in spectacular fashion.

As a freshman, Peterson reeled off an unprecedented nine straight 100-yard games and became the first frosh to finish as high as second in the Heisman Trophy voting. He set an NCAA freshman record with 1,925 yards rushing in helping the Sooners to the BCS title game, a 55-19 loss to Southern California.

After that, his path to greatness was blocked by injuries. He had shoulder surgery in the offseason following his freshman year and then missed parts of four games with a sprained ankle as a sophomore.

This season, it was a broken collarbone that abruptly ended his Heisman campaign. At the time of the Oct. 14 injury, Peterson was second in the nation in rushing. Without him, Oklahoma finished the season with seven straight wins -- including one in the Big 12 title game -- to earn a Fiesta Bowl berth and perhaps a more glorious exit for Peterson.

Peterson seemed to be checking out the atmosphere in pregame drills, gazing at all four corners of the stadium before starting passing drills in the north end zone.

He was one of the first Sooners to charge out behind the team's horse-drawn mascot, the Sooner Schooner, before the game and he shared a few moments with former Sooners fullback J.D. Runnels and roommate Marcus Walker along Oklahoma's sideline.

It was Peterson that ran alongside Juaquin Iglesias from the end zone to the 25-yard line after the receiver caught the tying 2-point conversion pass before leaping in the air and pumping his fist. He then joined Walker near the eastern stands after the cornerback's 33-yard score on an interception return with 1:02 remaining put Oklahoma up 35-28.

Peterson again put the Sooners in the lead with his second touchdown run of the night, but it wasn't enough to claim a victory for Oklahoma.

But Peterson said the outcome of the game wouldn't affect his decision.

"It hurts. Obviously I wanted to win. I always want to win," Peterson said.

Also, its reported that he is to make his decision Friday.

Scott D
1/2/2007, 02:40 PM
When Georgia fans were debating Hershel Walker's return for his senior year, Dale Hansen said: "If he turns down a $40 million contract for another year in college, he NEEDS more education." AD's family has no money. He is GONE.

That's funny, they made a point last night of saying that Nelson Peterson said that both sides of his family were doing just fine in the financial side of things, and that he wouldn't need to go pro to help them.

dougsooner
1/2/2007, 02:41 PM
As long as we run up the middle 40+ times per game next year it really does not matter who is the RB....

Partial Qualifier
1/2/2007, 02:53 PM
Although Stoops brought up a good point in his pregame presser... Robert Gallery made himself tens of millions by coming back for his senior year. It's all based on where AD's projected but there IS a huge difference between picks #15 thru #30 and a top 5 pick. AD definitely has what it takes to be a top 5 pick.

Taxman71
1/2/2007, 04:05 PM
The only negative to AD going pro is that the Raiders have the first pick. Aside from playing for that joke of a franchise, it is a no-brainer. No way does he fall below #5 IMO.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/2/2007, 04:13 PM
I think the Raiders get Quinn or they trade down, they need help in too many places. I could see AD in Cleveland. He would take the job from Droughns in about 4 weeks....of training camp.

Short term the higher he goes the better. Long term I think if he slipped in the draft somehow to a team like Atlanta or Denver he might have more overall success.

ADs_Agent
1/2/2007, 04:15 PM
is it really wise for him to go being that they are predicting him to go after the top 10? disappointing year Adrian

soonerx7
1/2/2007, 04:17 PM
Why do we think we can run up the middle with him when there isn't a hole.
Strung it out and guess what? T.D.
Run off tackle seems to work with or without him.

the_edge
1/2/2007, 10:12 PM
I'm really looking foward to seeing what Patrick can do next year if AD does go pro.

No, OU isn't better without AD, but AP has the potential to be an absolute beast.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/2/2007, 11:52 PM
No, OU isn't better without AD, but AP has the potential to be an absolute beast.

I agree, and so does Mr. Gal. When AP runs, his feet are a complete blur.

OU-HSV
1/2/2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah AP is an exciting player. And to think that he'll have 8+ months to improve even more is a nice thought.

Texas Golfer
1/3/2007, 01:02 AM
Does Patrick hit the hole faster than AD or something? It sure seems like he was able to make more out of those runs up the middle that we're so fond of. It would be a dream to have AD back for another season, but I too feel pretty good about that position for another couple of years at least. Hopefully our boys can get some blocking next year.

I don't think AP hits the hole faster than AD. I think that the defenses don't concentrate as hard on the RB when it's not AD.

I think AD will research where he should go in the draft and, if it's not in the top five, I think he'll be back.

BoomerSooner247
1/3/2007, 01:57 AM
i want him to stay so he can break the rushing record. plus i think that with him being out so long it messed up his RB rhythm so another year with us should get him back to playing smart. although if he stays Stoops better play more well rounded like we did without him. not saying run the ball less, but trust your QB more. ya know what i mean? i also want AD to have at least one last good and healthy complete season with us, so we can all so him leave us on a wonderful high note. if he does go however, it won't surprise me and i think we still will do pretty good.

mrjeffmaxwell
1/3/2007, 02:28 AM
That would sure help to keep your SN legit. No offense intended, but I kind of think it's funny when I see SNs that have life span.

What are you talking about? How does it have a lifespan? Does history disappear or something? I'm sure somebody here has a Heupel screen name or a White or Sims.

FrostySooner
1/3/2007, 02:35 AM
If he stays and we use him like we did his Freshman year, look out. He will go for 2,000+ as long as he stays healthy. His Freshman year, we rode on his back a lot, but defenses still had to worry about the passing game and our leathal receivers. That will be the same thing in 2007 I think. Of course, that will depend on how good our new QB will be with no experience under his belt.

If he goes, don't be surprised if he goes to Oakland or Detroit. ESPN said that both the Raiders and Lions are more interested in taking Jamarcus Russell in the 2nd round. If AD comes out, he will be the most sought after player after the combines I think. Anyone that has tremendous abilities like he possesses will be a top 5 pick. But, he could go to Cleveland at #3 or #4. He is ranked #4 by some and Troy Smith is ranked #41 by some. Cleveland might snag AD in the 1st round and Smith in the 2nd round. That would be a heck of a backfield IMO. Coupled with Braylon Edwards and Travis Wilson, look out.

tpatton
1/3/2007, 01:31 PM
As brittle as he has been at OU, it might behoove him to stay for his senior year to prove a point to the pros. However, if he gets hurt again, the pros make look at it as a pattern and cost him some serious $$$. Also, what about if he blows his knee out, or something like that? Now we're talking "what if"? From a team standpoint, I thought they played better without him, as the offense became more diverse, and gave defensive coordinators more to think about. Nothing against the man or anything, but look at the facts through the games he missed...I would say for the good of both parties, he should go.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 01:39 PM
He's a gone pecan.

That's pronounced "pa-CON," not "PEE-can"

BoomerJack
1/3/2007, 02:08 PM
I believe that Peterson will come back for the '07 season. I think he wants another shot at the Heisman & another MNC. And like I've said before, he'll be running behind a better line at OU than he would at any of the NFL teams that draft him.

Big Red Ron
1/3/2007, 03:17 PM
I heard from a usually solid source that AD will make a surprise announcement within the next seven days.

Better than 50/50 he returns.

I HOPE!

:pop:

StuIsTheMan
1/3/2007, 03:20 PM
All we can do is hope...

Big Red Ron
1/3/2007, 03:22 PM
All we can do is hope...I'm prayin'

Don't get me wrong, I want what's best for the guy and his family but it's gotta be tough to not return being so close to so many records and so many things left undone.

kevpks
1/3/2007, 03:25 PM
The stars have begun their alignment. We lost so AD would come back hungry, win the Heisman and lead us to a national championship in a 45 pt. blowout of USC next year. Well, at least that is how it played out on my XBox 360 yesterday. And for those of you who are wondering, the difficulty was set to Heisman. I don't play on creampuff settings.

soonernation
1/3/2007, 03:30 PM
Well, at least that is how it played out on my XBox 360 yesterday. And for those of you who are wondering, the difficulty was set to Heisman. I don't play on creampuff settings.

You really should consider getting a job.

Rhino
1/3/2007, 03:30 PM
Um, he's sick.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw AD pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 03:32 PM
Well umm my best friend's sorority sister met Paul Thompson at a club, got his number, and went on a few dates with him said Peterson wants to go pro.

:D

Big Red Ron
1/3/2007, 03:34 PM
Seriously, anyone got any dish on this situation?

colleyvillesooner
1/3/2007, 03:38 PM
I guarantee we will hear one way or the other in the next 12 days. :D

RedGiant
1/3/2007, 03:39 PM
I don't have any dish but it seems to me as college minded as he's been, with the performance in the Frito's bowl it wouldn't surprise me for him to come back. He's gonna be rich if he gets hurt or not. A 20 million dollar insurance policy covers a whole lot of ills.

kevpks
1/3/2007, 03:46 PM

I am a teacher with a month off. Thanks.

OUHOMER
1/3/2007, 03:47 PM
he's gone folks, accept it.

soonerrn
1/3/2007, 03:47 PM
Wait... wait... stop... stop... ok, continue!!:D Could not stop laughing!!! :D :D Not fair! ok...I can breath again! :D :D :cool:

fadada1
1/3/2007, 03:48 PM
Um, he's sick.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw AD pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
nice reference!!!!!

Fastlane
1/3/2007, 03:49 PM
You want tenuous sources?

I got a guy in the office who claims to be about three degrees away from the Peterson family "financial advisor." Through the grapevine it comes back that AD is a trophy hawk and doesn't personally want to leave with so many things unfinished. Of course there are external pressures, but I'm thinking if AD makes the choice in a vacuum he comes back.

Dio
1/3/2007, 03:49 PM
AD gave me a kidney once. No, that was Everson Walls.

nm

picasso
1/3/2007, 03:56 PM
what does Pat Roberston say about it?

Boomer.....
1/3/2007, 04:02 PM
IMO, if he stays, he will not have the year that he is used to having. He will be sharing the ball carrying with AP and possibly one or two others. I don't see any way that staying another year will help his stock in the NFL. He will probably have less yards than his freshman season and could possibly get hurt again.

cvsooner
1/3/2007, 04:10 PM
We ran into AD at the Phoenix airport. He wouldn't tell us what his plans were, other than to catch a plane later that day.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2007, 04:14 PM
My astrologist said he's staying.

Okay, not really. I don't have an astrologist. I just said that because I live in California.

SoonerMooner
1/3/2007, 04:15 PM
I enjoyed AD while he was at OU, but honestly, the team played better and with more fire without him. Flame away, dickwads.

oumartin
1/3/2007, 04:19 PM
I honestly don't want him to return. I love the guy and think he is an awful good back, but the offense revolves too much around him when he is in there.

fwsooner22
1/3/2007, 04:23 PM
I honestly don't want him to return. I love the guy and think he is an awful good back, but the offense revolves too much around him when he is in there.

Sounds crazy........but the games say you are right........

kevpks
1/3/2007, 04:24 PM
The offense didn't revolve around him too much in 2004. I think our coaches recognize the development of our receivers and TE's. Malcolm emerged as a superstar while AD was gone, not because he was gone. If AD came back I think the offense would be balanced.

cvsooner
1/3/2007, 04:28 PM
You know, I understand the sentiment, and the stats say it's right...but the big difference in AD's contribution in the last two years versus his freshman year boils down to a better offensive line and a Heisman trophy winning QB who set passing records. That alone makes AD a better runner.

I do think the offensive game plan has pulled the trigger on his number a few times too many. But on the other hand that might be about all we had. Look at early 2005...if you can bear to think of it...we had no passing attack. None. You've got to run the ball.

I think Billy Sims' record means a lot to him. He could do that in one game. He should have a pretty good QB next year, an improved offensive line...could be a big year for him.

On the other hand, why keep doing for free what somebody would pay you a lot of money for? A better season would help his draft status and paycheck. Look what it cost Leinart to play one more year. He didn't win the national championship and his paycheck got a bit smaller.

colleyvillesooner
1/3/2007, 04:32 PM
The offense didn't revolve around him too much in 2004. I think our coaches recognize the development of our receivers and TE's. Malcolm emerged as a superstar while AD was gone, not because he was gone. If AD came back I think the offense would be balanced.

Yeah, but in 2004 you had a Heisman winner at QB, 3 NFL receivers and experience on the OL (2 NFL'ers). That makes them back off the line a little more.

Collier11
1/3/2007, 04:32 PM
He is going to be rich either way like a previous poster said, those insurance policies are big time. The only difference is if he wants to risk 20-50 mill and dropping to the second or third round with a bad injury I would think

Collier11
1/3/2007, 04:34 PM

They are just giving you a hard time, dont worry about it. But do please learn how to quote, I did it and you can to

colleyvillesooner
1/3/2007, 04:39 PM
They are just giving you a hard time, dont worry about it. But do please learn how to quote, I did it and you can to

Please learn to spell. I did it and you can too.

;)

Collier11
1/3/2007, 04:43 PM
whats funny is I have a English degree, or is that funny??

Seamus
1/3/2007, 04:43 PM
Um, he's sick.

Hey, Ferris, how's your bod?

soonernation
1/3/2007, 04:53 PM

Lighten up Nancy. I was joking.

OklahomaTuba
1/3/2007, 05:05 PM
what does Pat Roberston say about it?

He sees 2007 being a year of death and destruction. So I am guessing he thinks AD will be back to ravage the big 12 once more.

springs sooner
1/3/2007, 05:16 PM
as much as I hate to say it. I would not mind seeing the Broncos trade up to get AD. not a Bronocos fan but that would be the one and only Broncos jersey I would buy. Man think of all the sucess he could have in that system.

BudSooner
1/3/2007, 05:20 PM
I met him once while he was in Tulsa signing autographs at the fan shop in the Promenade....he just smiled and said **** off dip****.

westcoast_sooner
1/3/2007, 05:23 PM
My astrologist said he's staying.

Okay, not really. I don't have an astrologist. I just said that because I live in California.

I thought it was required by law. :D

washington's fave
1/3/2007, 05:28 PM
My heart says I hope he stays - he still has so much potential to showcase at the collegiate level. The last two years he has been playing behind (2005) a lot of freshman and inexperienced players & (2006) sophmores and true freshmen - on the o-line. What can the world expect when he plays behind a line with experience and a few years of weight training and growth. REMEMBER his freshmen year when he played behind a seasoned and experienced o-line - HE DOOMINATED!!! I expect that again if he returns!

birddog
1/3/2007, 09:11 PM
whats funny is I have a English degree, or is that funny??

that is DEFINITELY funny.:D

SgtSooner
1/3/2007, 09:14 PM
I would certainly hope for his return as a sooner fan but ultimately he must do what is financially best for his family. The Cleveland Browns certainly seem interested already. He came to win a national championship, heisman, and be a legend. He still has 2 to go.

kevpks
1/3/2007, 09:41 PM
Lighten up Nancy. I was joking.

Sure thing Shirley. Besides you have to have a job to afford video games these days.

Oh and Collier, I too have an English degree, and I just figured out how to quote on this thing. :D

Collier11
1/3/2007, 11:17 PM
Sure thing Shirley. Besides you have to have a job to afford video games these days.

Oh and Collier, I too have an English degree, and I just figured out how to quote on this thing. :D

well played!!!

josh09
1/3/2007, 11:22 PM
After the game he had on Monday (which some, maybe most of, wasnt entirely his fault), id say he might consider coming back. I think we can all tell that hes hungry for a little more than a BCS bowl loss.

But if he does happen to leave, i would say good luck and thanks for the memories. Hes a great RB, but were stacked at that position, as we have all seen this year.

Big Red Ron
1/4/2007, 12:41 AM
Anyone else find it a bit strange that AD hasn't made any public statements regarding when or if there is a decision to make?

My gut tells me he's going to return.

birddog
1/4/2007, 12:43 AM
he's supposed to make his decision on friday.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 12:44 AM
RIght now he is a gauranteed top 10 pick, and maybe top 5. IF he were going to come back and he had a 1500 or higher yd season without any bad injuries he would be top 5 gauranteed. If he got hurt he would still be 1st round unless it was a mcgahee type injury. While he is risking some money, he could also make himself some money.

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 12:47 AM
He'll probably have more RB competition in next year's draft than this one.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 12:47 AM
he's supposed to make his decision on friday.

Where you hear this???

kevpks
1/4/2007, 12:55 AM
He'll probably have more RB competition in next year's draft than this one.

True, but do you think Lynch would be picked over Peterson this year?

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 01:15 AM
Could be, but surely he'd be the only RB taken ahead of AD. From what I've seen it's about 50/50 right now as to who will go first between those two.

Next year you've got (potentially) Slaton and McFadden. Other Top 15 RBs (yardage) from this year who might be in next year's draft:

Mike Hart
Ian Johnson
Dwayne Wright (Fresno State)
Ray Rice (Rutgers)
Tashard Choice
Ahmad Bradshaw (Marshall)
Kalvin McRae (Ohio)

Most of those won't be a threat to Peterson, but you never know what can happen in a year. Point is, this year's crop of RB is definitely weaker than the 2008 one should be.

Big Red Ron
1/4/2007, 01:23 AM
But who wants to be a Raider or a Brown?

Big Red Ron
1/4/2007, 01:24 AM
Or a Lion? Bleh...

Sooner74
1/4/2007, 03:05 AM
I'd love to be one of those. He would be making millions!

kevpks
1/4/2007, 03:22 AM
I wonder if Quinn's stock dropped after tonight?

Collier11
1/4/2007, 03:59 AM
Id be interested to see Quinns stats against mich, usc, and in bowl games in his career? If anyone wants to do the research that would be great ;)

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 10:24 AM
Or a Lion? Bleh...

Not many people have him picked to go in the Top 3. I've seen a few mock drafts that have him going to the Pack.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/4/2007, 10:39 AM
I've looked at about 5-6 mock drafts. A couple didn't list him at all because he is junior and hadn't declared. One (Draft King) had him going #1 to the Raiders and a couple others had him going to Cleveland or Houston. Both top 10.

I don't think the other RB's in the draft this year or next will be much of a factor. It will be whether playing next year is worth not only the injury risk that would hurt his draft value but also could impact his long term prospects. He will be one more year older and that much more wear and tear before he would reach his second contract.

If he does indeed have an insurance policy he would be fine either way. I've always considered him a 3-year player from the time he signed though and I think he will decide to go pro.

colleyvillesooner
1/4/2007, 10:52 AM
Not many people have him picked to go in the Top 3. I've seen a few mock drafts that have him going to the Pack.

There is no way he slips to 15. Too many teams before that that need a RB. (Vikings, Texans, Falcons). Plus if he starts slipping, teams from the middle of the draft would be trying to jump up to get him. Hell, Washington could take him.

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 11:08 AM
There is no way he slips to 15. Too many teams before that that need a RB. (Vikings, Texans, Falcons). Plus if he starts slipping, teams from the middle of the draft would be trying to jump up to get him. Hell, Washington could take him.

did the pack move all the way down to 15? those mocks i was talking about were before the final week...before draft order was set

colleyvillesooner
1/4/2007, 11:29 AM
Yep, they're in the middle of the 8-8 crowd. Winning their last 4 games didn't help. Cost them a top 6 pick.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/draftorder.html