PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL OFF-SEASON HIBERNATION THREAD

KingDavid
1/2/2007, 02:06 AM
This is one bear who failed to devour the necessary calories in order to sleep through the rest of the winter . . . . so I'm going to have to make up the difference with rapid alcohol consumption.

A few things to say before I lay me down for this long winter nap:

1) I'll miss you A.D. Looking forward to pulling for you at the next level!

2) Way to go, Paul Thompson! Thanks for steadying the ship when things were looking awefully shaky.

3) Congratulations Sooners on another Big XII Championship!

4) Others I'll miss seeing in Crimson & Cream: Ruuufus. Carl. Messner. Remi. Zach. Jason. And of course, PT. And to the all of the departing seniors: may good fortune and blessings follow you wherever your path shall lead!

5) Can't wait to see these exciting new (or new-ish) players take the field next year - we've got a lot to look forward to!

Granger and McCoy
Dotson & Williams
Ryan Reynolds & Mike Reed
The whole secondary - especially Reggie Smith
The whole offensive line
Murray, Madu, and Brown
The whole wide receivers core - especially Kelly
Jermaine Gresham

6) Congratulations to the Boise State Broncos on a victory that showed a ton of heart. And just about killed me in the process. I wish you hadn't ended our season on such a sour note . . . but if it had to happen, I suppose this is about as good of a way for it to happen as any. We certainly have had seasons end on FAR MORE PAINFUL notes than this in the past. Welcome to the big leagues. Perhaps the PAC 10 will see fit to punch your ticket for entry into a BCS league . . . We'll see whether they have the courage to strengthen that pathetic conference . . . :D Either way, well done! (And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope we get to play you again, soon.:mad: )

7) Sooner Nation, we've got a lot to look forward to in 2007-2008. The mantra for next year is . . . #8 in '08!

Long live the SOONER NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now the drinking begins . . . ;)