PDA

View Full Version : I think it goes without saying...

bri
1/2/2007, 01:00 AM
But everyone's leash is VERY short tonight. We're all upset, and that's natural...but the ban hammer WILL be in full effect.

SoonerBorn68
1/2/2007, 01:06 AM
You don't to worry about me tonight. I'm goin' to bed. 5:30am is looming large.

OUinFLA
1/2/2007, 01:07 AM
good
can you limit new users as well?

snp
1/2/2007, 01:10 AM
Ban everyone who wants Stoops fired. I don't want to read a word of it.

Everyone take to the bottle. Going to be a long one.

franklinjake
1/2/2007, 01:13 AM
Ban everyone who wants Stoops fired. I don't want to read a word of it.

Everyone take to the bottle. Going to be a long one.
Yeah, but it is frustrating that not only have we got embarassed in the last 3 BCS games, but now by freaking WAC conference Boise Freaking State. Something needs to change.

bri
1/2/2007, 01:14 AM
Nope, that's an admin thing. All I can do is give people internet vacations.

1stTimeCaller
1/2/2007, 01:26 AM
Passion Cove is on Cinemax right now if you need something to take your mind off things or something to take your frustrations out on.

sooner518
1/2/2007, 01:34 AM
Passion Cove is on Cinemax right now if you need something to take your mind off things or something to take your frustrations out on.
that could get dangerous. please be careful, for your own sake

OUWxGuesser
1/2/2007, 01:35 AM
I'm more upset that THIS year's Sooner team went out this way. Any other team playing BSU and I would of been rooting for them. Throw in a few self-induced turnovers and crappy turnovers, and you end up with a loss. Bah. At least the game was probably the most exciting I've ever seen.

Chinese-Bandit
1/2/2007, 01:38 AM
But everyone's leash is VERY short tonight. We're all upset, and that's natural...but the ban hammer WILL be in full effect.

Wrong metaphore. Short FUSE.

bri
1/2/2007, 01:39 AM
Nope, short LEASH.

Just ask the three people who have already been banned since the end of the game.

TUSooner
1/2/2007, 01:40 AM
**** off dip ****!

:D

GottaHavePride
1/2/2007, 01:41 AM
In.

batonrougesooner
1/2/2007, 01:43 AM
So don't write anything less than positive about the team or you will be baned.

Got it.

bri
1/2/2007, 01:45 AM
No, not at all. You can voice your frustration over the close loss. Open, respectful debate is always allowed. But calls for coaching changes, player bashing, general tantrum-throwing are right out.

And the number's up to four, BTW.

GottaHavePride
1/2/2007, 01:53 AM
I got one, too.

DAMN YOU flood control!

batonrougesooner
1/2/2007, 01:55 AM
No, not at all. You can voice your frustration over the close loss. Open, respectful debate is always allowed. But calls for coaching changes, player bashing, general tantrum-throwing are right out.

And the number's up to four, BTW.

Fair enough. I hear where you are coming from.

I'm not a big fan of the whole banning thing after losses. I think people should be allowed to vent their frustrations, regardless of how idiotic they seem in the morning. I say let people write stupid things if they wish as long as it doesn't become twenty different threads saying the same thing.

I personally am not too torn up about this. After all, it is just a football game. Sucks to lose after such a great effort to come back. Too bad it had to become a comeback.

Seems alittle heavy handed to ban for loose emotions (especially for the long-time posters) after a loss such as this. I would hate it if we became hornfans.com.

bri
1/2/2007, 01:56 AM
And before any of the usual subjects whine and bitch about "power-hungry mods" bragging about banning people, it's called "an example". We update the number of banned users tonight as yet another warning for anyone who didn't get the first two...

GottaHavePride
1/2/2007, 01:57 AM
HEh. Longtime posters get a longer leash - from me anyway. Unless they just go totally overboard they're probably ok. It's more the newer members that tend to run around posting the same idiotic goo in 20 different threads.

bri
1/2/2007, 01:59 AM
Fair enough. I hear where you are coming from.

I'm not a big fan of the whole banning thing after losses. I think people should be allowed to vent their frustrations, regardless of how idiotic they seem in the morning. I say let people write stupid things if they wish as long as it doesn't become twenty different threads saying the same thing.

I personally am not too torn up about this. After all, it is just a football game. Sucks to lose after such a great effort to come back. Too bad it had to become a comeback.

Seems alittle heavy handed to ban for loose emotions (especially for the long-time posters) after a loss such as this. I would hate it if we became hornfans.com.

Here's the thing; after a loss like this, the traffic on the site skyrockets. In a perfect world, everyone could have their cathartic little rant and demand that all coaches be fired, all players stripped of their scholarships, and that all "good Sooner fans" stop eating potatoes in protest. But that clutters up the board and makes it run slower (or not work at all) for the people who want to simply discuss what went wrong or congratulate BSU for the win. So, a little housecleaning becomes needed...

utex74
1/2/2007, 02:00 AM
After this post I am staying totally off of the board tonight, and maybe for a few days or weeks afterwards. This should be a time for you guys to talk without us outsiders tossing our opinions in from the cheap seats. See ya in the spring.

batonrougesooner
1/2/2007, 02:05 AM
Here's the thing; after a loss like this, the traffic on the site skyrockets. In a perfect world, everyone could have their cathartic little rant and demand that all coaches be fired, all players stripped of their scholarships, and that all "good Sooner fans" stop eating potatoes in protest. But that clutters up the board and makes it run slower (or not work at all) for the people who want to simply discuss what went wrong or congratulate BSU for the win. So, a little housecleaning becomes needed...

Again, I hear where you are coming from.

I guess I'm just not a big fan of the "ban" unless it is a result of either personal insults or out-right trolling.

Hold on...I think my potatoe in the microwave is done. :D

bri
1/2/2007, 02:07 AM
Well, most of the bans are only 3 day bans, so it's not like people are being forever banished for being upset. We're just giving them the time to cool down that they can't seem to take for themselves.

GottaHavePride
1/2/2007, 02:09 AM
Dude! The board is down from 400+ viewing to 105! You been busy? ;)

NorthernIowaSooner
1/2/2007, 02:09 AM
well as long as dennis green doesnt come on the site and start yelling about crowning BSU itll be alright, cant believe we lost, an empty beer can became my victim of a whuppin, and many more of them are to come

SoonerTerry
1/2/2007, 02:13 AM
Holy moley IowaSooner, How do ya get that much red with only 8 posts?!?!?!?!

NorthernIowaSooner
1/2/2007, 02:15 AM
Holy moley IowaSooner, How do ya get that much red with only 8 posts?!?!?!?!

i dont know, they were good posts in my opinion, im not sure how the red and green works but it looks like the iowa sooners are getting f'ed

bri
1/2/2007, 02:27 AM
Dude! The board is down from 400+ viewing to 105! You been busy? ;)

Well, you know what they say; abusing my moddy powers helps me feel better about myself. :D

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2007, 02:30 AM
Well it is freakin' 1:30 in the morning . . . I'd be in bed if I could actually fall asleep.

bri
1/2/2007, 02:34 AM
Would it help if I banned you? ;)

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2007, 02:37 AM
Probably not. :D

Freakin' Flood Control!!!!

bri
1/2/2007, 02:41 AM
Heh.

OUSanders
1/2/2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah, but it is frustrating that not only have we got embarassed in the last 3 BCS games, but now by freaking WAC conference Boise Freaking State. Something needs to change.

something like what??

bri
1/2/2007, 02:47 AM
You'll have to wait three days for his answer.

Socrefbek
1/2/2007, 02:48 AM
Nick finally managed to get himself banned at Soonertimes. I think that was his last safe haven ... :twinkies:

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2007, 02:53 AM
What'd he say over there?

Seamus
1/2/2007, 04:49 AM
:pop:

Nick getting baned again. Heh.

bri
1/2/2007, 04:52 PM
Bump for the folks just getting back from AZ...

Scott D
1/2/2007, 04:57 PM

he said Andy Griffith couldn't act his way out of an Episode of Matlock, and seemed to believe that the fact they never signed Don Knots to a full time contract was the downfall of Matlock. ;)

Socrefbek
1/2/2007, 11:04 PM

The typical crap.

Bob Stoops deserves no respect whatsoever ...

How long do we have to put up with this terrible coaching ...

OU was a mediocre team in a WEAK conference. They did not beat any good teams this year, NONE!

It is obvious OU's coaches did not think the BSU coaches would run any trick plays ....

That is just a sampling fo about 20 assinine repetetive posts he made in almost every thread. He was on a roll and got voted off the island.