PDA

View Full Version : we just got beat by a high school offense

picasso
1/2/2007, 12:57 AM
pitiful.

I was waiting for Shooter to come stumbling off the Boise sidelines yelling "charge!"

sooner518
1/2/2007, 01:01 AM
no we got beat the same way we got beat by Texas. by turning the ****ing ball over and making defensive busts at really ****ing terrible times

picasso
1/2/2007, 01:04 AM
no we got beat the same way we got beat by Texas. by turning the ****ing ball over and making defensive busts at really ****ing terrible times
that's quite true but I'm pretty sure the offense we faced on the last two series was the same thing Sperry high was running in '91.

whew, I need a cigarette.

picasso
1/2/2007, 01:07 AM
you know when teams line up in some crazy formation or send the QB in motion it's usually a diversion for the play to be run to the other side of the field?

we didn't get that memo.

franklinjake
1/2/2007, 01:07 AM
embarrasing, plain embarrasing. We couldn't have played worse. And the oast 3 BCS games we have played we have got beat and now embarrased by a subpar WAC team because of stupid mistakes. What needs to change?

franklinjake
1/2/2007, 01:09 AM
embarrasing, plain embarrasing. We couldn't have played worse. And the last 3 BCS games we have played we have got beat and now embarrased by a subpar WAC team because of stupid mistakes. What needs to change?

sooneron
1/2/2007, 01:12 AM
Face it, this team felt like it had accomplished all it needed to when they won in KC, they are then told they will play BSU. meh, We played like crap and they played nearly flawlessly.

hogsone
1/2/2007, 01:17 AM
We got beat by a 2nd rate team and out coached by a first year coach.

sooneron
1/2/2007, 01:20 AM
Maybe we should remember that this is a 2nd rate Stoops team.

SOONER44EVER
1/2/2007, 01:21 AM
embarrasing, plain embarrasing. We couldn't have played worse. And the oast 3 BCS games we have played we have got beat and now embarrased by a subpar WAC team because of stupid mistakes. What needs to change?
Playcalling like Boise State has would be a nice start.

ocsooner
1/2/2007, 01:23 AM
The coach at a big time program got outcoached by the first year coach. Peterson didn't seem to care if he called a briliant or bust play - he already got everything he could ask for by just getting there. OU was expected to win, and if Stoops made risky calls, his job would be in jepoardy.

I want the old Stoops back that took risks in the big games (like Alabama etc...).

Just for the record, I want Stoops - not another coach...

GrapevineSooner
1/2/2007, 01:24 AM
Is it bad form to ask why we didn't bring the house on 4th and 18?

Look, they may still be able to convert that into a first down and a touchdown. But I'm going to make sure the QB is under immense pressure to make the play.

If he makes it, tip your hat to him. But don't give him all the time in the world to allow a gimmick play to develop.

tbl
1/2/2007, 01:42 AM
There are so many things wrong with this game, it's hard to break down just one. Oh well...

TUSooner
1/2/2007, 02:13 AM
Oh.... I thought you meant we got beat by OUR high school offense. My bad.

TopDawg
1/2/2007, 02:15 AM

Look, they may still be able to convert that into a first down and a touchdown. But I'm going to make sure the QB is under immense pressure to make the play.

If he makes it, tip your hat to him. But don't give him all the time in the world to allow a gimmick play to develop.

Yeah, I always like to see more aggressive blitzing on those plays. It works for me on XBOX.

Most of the time.

Egeo
1/2/2007, 02:15 AM
im glad you guys have all the answers

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2007, 02:18 AM

What was the question?

SoonerTerry
1/2/2007, 02:19 AM
The Boise State QB runs a 4.3 40....

They have some trickery, but that wasn't a high school offense..JMHO

bcgvh
1/2/2007, 02:19 AM

I really thought we'd blitz so he wouldn't have time to make that 20 yard throw, at the same time, Holmes should have stayed on his side of the field, that was the only direction that play could have gone.

GrapevineSooner
1/2/2007, 02:21 AM

Never said I have the answers.

But when you lose to a team you should beat, it's only natural that certain questions get asked of the coaches and players.

I'm certainly not suggesting firing this coach or that coach is going to cure our ills. But tonight, I didn't see the defense that played a key role in our seven game winning streak that vaulted us into the Fiesta Bowl. I saw the 97th ranked defense that allowed Oregon to roll up over 500 yards on our defense in September.

FlatheadSooner
1/2/2007, 02:25 AM
Don't forget, a lot of things went our way in the 2nd half. We dug ourselves out of a big hole and almost won it - several times (shiza!).

The problem was primarily how we got into the hole = fumble inside our 20 and two interceptions. I'm still amazed at the number of run attempts up the middle. :confused:

TUSooner
1/2/2007, 02:28 AM
I thought our defense played pretty well except at the end. BSu scored on one long pass play that was bad and a sloppy tackle at the end of the half. Other than that, they had a 5 yard drive after a fumble, and they ran back an INT. BSu's offense didn't do squat for 29 minutes and 42 seconds of the 2nd half.

mikeb
1/2/2007, 02:30 AM
I got a question for anyone that wants to answer it. Can boise stop AD all day long?

tommieharris91
1/2/2007, 02:46 AM
Personally I think defenses have trouble stopping 9 yard drives and INT returns for touchdowns. Those two turnovers were the key to the game.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 04:17 AM
Hmmmm, I can remember a certain 4th and 18 play that might've just maybe been a little bit of a key to the game to. OU got beat by a damn hook and laterl for cripes sake. Then to be followed by the statue of liberty to salt it away. I can't think of it getting much worse than that.

critical_phil
1/2/2007, 04:24 AM
I can't think of it getting much worse than that.

try being a tennessee or michigan fan tonight.

those dudes didn't even bring their testicles to their respective games.

okieballin
1/2/2007, 04:29 AM
True Dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 04:37 AM
Well, considering they got beat by major college football teams and not a mid-major WAC team that ran every backyard football play they could think of to outstanding success in the final minute of a BCS bowl game while our jocks were littereing the field, I'd think they could at least say, at least we didn't get beat by Boise. Irregardless of the lack of cajones by Tennessee and Michigan, Boise embarrased a defense everyone thought was fixed by playing extremely weak Big XII teams. I'm sorry but this defense is continuing to show why Venables should go.

critical_phil
1/2/2007, 04:39 AM
you're a goddamned idiot.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 05:35 AM
And you are a wonderful human being internet tuff guy. Don't look now but your foolishness is showing phil my friend. God bless cp, I know you're just frustrated by losing to Boise and I forgive you. I know you don't mean it.

picasso
1/2/2007, 10:25 AM
I really thought we'd blitz so he wouldn't have time to make that 20 yard throw, at the same time, Holmes should have stayed on his side of the field, that was the only direction that play could have gone.
no it was not in entirety, but the two final plays they scored on looked like sandlot ball.
this game reminded me so of Oregon. we came back just in time to blow it at the end.

starrca23
1/2/2007, 10:30 AM
It doesn't matter what offense you run, it only matters if all eleven players get their assignments done. They could have beat us with the wishbone because they were so in tune and ready to play, and... we .... were.... not.

Reincarnate
1/2/2007, 10:36 AM
Big game Bob is no more, hasn't been for awhile. Our team doesn't seem to be mentally prepared for these games anymore, could it be it all started when Mike Stoops left..........hmmmmmmmm.

starrca23
1/2/2007, 10:42 AM
How can you find something negative to say about the coach that has won the most games since the turn of the millenium. If you think you can find a better one to come to Norman start naming names.
BTW how is Mike doing in AZ?

JLMSOONER
1/2/2007, 11:18 AM
Explain the motion penalty on Chaney on the 2 point conversion? I saw BS have up 2 4 guys moving at a time. Was it that they were not set for enough time?

starrca23
1/2/2007, 01:06 PM
More than one guy in motion means it is a shift, which means each player must be set before the play begins. That is where the senior qb should look the O over before snapping the ball. It was a moot point though.

jwlynn64
1/2/2007, 01:17 PM
The difference in the teams was at the QB position. Paul is a good guy, but the guy on the other side of the field out played him.

PT didn't play bad but if Paul has a better day, then the game wouldn't have been close.

Poor decisions and underthrown balls in the first half cost us.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 05:37 PM
Haha, I love all you wonderful people that wrote to call me names. I'm laughing at you as well you internet tough guys. God bless all of you for your noble attitudes. You're all bastions of humanity and fine works of humor. Oh, and by the way don't worry I fogive you to, I understand that you never learned to deal with your frustrations as a child.

kurt123
1/2/2007, 05:38 PM
OU was a 6.5 or 7 point favorite. It isn't like OU lost to a 2 or 3 touchdown underdog. Vegas knew this would be a close game. What are you bitching about? You crybaby bitches need a kick to the nuts .
Give Boise their credit and quit crying.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 05:39 PM
Big game Bob is no more, hasn't been for awhile. Our team doesn't seem to be mentally prepared for these games anymore, could it be it all started when Mike Stoops left..........hmmmmmmmm.

Alas, it is true. They have not been the same for a while now. Why is that?

picasso
1/2/2007, 05:41 PM
who's crying? we're fans and we have every right to be ****ed.

we're fans who have witnessed countless national titles won and lost and lost badly ('04).

please don't be telling us what we should or shouldn't be doing.

:cool:

picasso
1/2/2007, 05:43 PM
Alas, it is true. They have not been the same for a while now. Why is that?
he's been down a bit since the Big 12 Title game in '03 but I'd venture to say we've won a big game or two this season.

I can name several teams off the top of my head that will NEVER win the biggest game.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 05:57 PM
A bit? I'd venture to say it's a little more than just a bit. What strong team did OU beat this year? A mediocre Texas team took it to them. The rest of the Big XII? Well we see how they faired. It's just disconcerting to see them get outplayed and outcoached by Boise. I'm sorry if that does not alarm you.

picasso
1/2/2007, 06:00 PM
A bit? I'd venture to say it's a little more than just a bit. What strong team did OU beat this year? A mediocre Texas team took it to them. The rest of the Big XII? Well we see how they faired. It's just disconcerting to see them get outplayed and outcoached by Boise. I'm sorry if that does not alarm you.
Alarmed? no. I'm 37 and have seen my fair share of good Sooner football.
You might also stop this "how your shedule faired" crap. We beat several teams when they were ranked and on the road. I'd say we won some big games this year, hence the conference title and umm stuff.

you can also go back to the game I mentioned in '03. we turned around the next season and went undefeated until the Orange Bowl. Probably a big game or two won in that span also. call me crazy.

oh yeah, and we upset a ranked Oregon in last year's bowl. yep, we're heading down the crapper.

Texas Golfer
1/2/2007, 06:01 PM

Not just that 4th and 18 which allowed all of the other trickery. Even on the 2-point conversion, had we had any rush, it would have imploded. We could have tackled both the QB and RB with any kind of rush.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 06:30 PM
Alarmed? no. I'm 37 and have seen my fair share of good Sooner football.
You might also stop this "how your shedule faired" crap. We beat several teams when they were ranked and on the road. I'd say we won some big games this year, hence the conference title and umm stuff.

you can also go back to the game I mentioned in '03. we turned around the next season and went undefeated until the Orange Bowl. Probably a big game or two won in that span also. call me crazy.

oh yeah, and we upset a ranked Oregon in last year's bowl. yep, we're heading down the crapper.
So you're saying we beat some world beater teams in this time span then?? Give me a break. USC dismantled them methodically, KSU dismantled them unmerciffuly, BOISE embarrased them and confused them all night. Don't talk to me about a 20 something A&M team, an underthrown ball to a wide open Oregon receiver and point to that as a reason not to be alarmed. If that satisfies you then great, you might wanna be a Michigan fan to. But to look as discombobulated, confused, outplayed, out enthused, and outcoached so many times is not good in my humble opinion. Bob's staff is weak, it's been weak for a while now.

RedGiant
1/2/2007, 06:33 PM
Not just that 4th and 18 which allowed all of the other trickery. Even on the 2-point conversion, had we had any rush, it would have imploded. We could have tackled both the QB and RB with any kind of rush.
Geeze did they even have a rush in this game?? Boise picked up the D all night long. Very few hurries, less sacks, and a heckuva lot of time for that guy to throw is a bad thing.