PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Bowl Video

Veritas
1/1/2007, 09:08 PM
TVU Player can be downloaded and installed...however for some reason the download is STUPID slow, so I took the liberty of uploading it to a much faster server.

Download and install the app, click on Fox, wait a bit...there ya go.

http://24.123.120.101/TVUPlayer2.zip

Czar Soonerov
1/1/2007, 09:30 PM
Cool, thanks V!

iknowyoudidnt
1/2/2007, 03:33 AM
What did you guys think of FOX's coverage of the game? I actually kind of liked some of the camera angles they used when the players were running onto the field for the first time combined with a little bit of music. The guys calling the game made so many mistakes I gave up even worrying about them. HD sure does bring out the smoke in the stadium that took nearly the entire first half to clear out. You'd think the giant air handlers in the stadium could have moved it out faster than that.

I posted this in this in the game thread, thought it was kind of sad.

For those of you that missed it, they were interviewing Ian Johnson in the post-game show, and he was standing there with his girlfriend answering questions. As the interview is wrapped up, Chris Myers says something like "okay, I know you're ready to propose to your girlfriend..." and which point she gasps in shock, and Ian looks at Chris like "you dumbass" and then gets on his knee and proposes. Maybe video will show up somewhere.

OUTromBoNado
1/2/2007, 04:04 AM
What did I think of Fox? Well, during the first half I thought I was at an amusement park. I thought that I had just learned that there was a 2.5 hour wait in line to ride Boise State's private areas and that Fox Sports had special passes to the front of the line.

That being said, I thought there camera work was great. And yes, I realize Boise State was/is the big story of the Fiesta Bowl. But, it really irks me when the TV commentators do nothing but heap ginourmous amounts of sunshine on Team A's incredible season and what they had to do to get to the game, and then barely mention Team B's incredible exploits throughout the season to get to the same game.

I know sometimes it's hard to maintain objectivity and speak equally about everyone, especially when there is a big story involved like Boise State. Even when all the praise is being thrown onto OUr Sooners, it just rubs me the wrong way, especially in a big game. I hate it when anyone gets short changed like that. Everyone deserves recognition for great accomplishments.

After watching this game, you know ESPN/ABC has to be ****ED that they lost the BCS and didn't get to carry this game. This would have been the first game on ESPN Classic in about 3 weeks.

Overall, Fox did a better job with the game than expected. They had some nice stories on Boise and Ian Johnson. Maybe it's just the tradition in me from watching it on ABC, but I just don't feel Fox is up to snuff with the pagentry of college football. It seemed to me that it was treated more like a mini-NFL.

critical_phil
1/2/2007, 05:00 AM
I posted this in this in the game thread, thought it was kind of sad.

For those of you that missed it, they were interviewing Ian Johnson in the post-game show, and he was standing there with his girlfriend answering questions. As the interview is wrapped up, Chris Myers says something like "okay, I know you're ready to propose to your girlfriend..." and which point she gasps in shock, and Ian looks at Chris like "you dumbass" and then gets on his knee and proposes. Maybe video will show up somewhere.

from SI.com

Moments after Johnson ended the game, he asked his girlfriend, Broncos cheerleader Chrissy Popadics, to marry him.

heh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2006/01/02/bc.fbc.t25.fiestabowl.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories