PDA

View Full Version : The Cotton Bowl is a dump. Seriously.

Okla-homey
1/1/2007, 06:52 PM
IMHO. It should be torn down so the surrounding ghetto/barrio may engulf the resultant acreage. No thugs up-and-at-'em on the way in at 10:00, but by the end of the game, the thugs were stirring. Even got to observe a domestic disturbance unfold in the front yard of one of the tenements as we left. No shots fired, but it was ugly.

I don't know why the stadium has lights because I can't imagine anyone with any sense of self-worth attending any event there after dark.

sheesh.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2007, 07:01 PM
you wore orange

just sayin.....

SoonerBorn68
1/1/2007, 07:04 PM
eeeeeew

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2007, 07:08 PM
on the way out, heard a couple discussing the "cotton bowl" being played in Jerry's new stadium......well, the orange bowl is no longer played in the original orange bowl stadium....Jerry will be able to control the weather in the new place and can seat ALOT more ticket buyers.....seems to me he could easily lure the cotton bowl and the BCS both...

hookem31
1/1/2007, 07:16 PM
IMHO. It should be torn down so the surrounding ghetto/barrio may engulf the resultant acreage. No thugs up-and-at-'em on the way in at 10:00, but by the end of the game, the thugs were stirring. Even got to observe a domestic disturbance unfold in the front yard of one of the tenements as we left. No shots fired, but it was ugly.

I don't know why the stadium has lights because I can't imagine anyone with any sense of self-worth attending any event there after dark.

sheesh.

You are welcome.

Sincerely,
Laura Miller

Word is that the CB will head over to JerryWorld once it's finished. Once again, the city of Dallas screws up. As much as I love the Fairgrounds and the atmosphere at TX/OU, I wouldn't mind seeing our game moved to Arlington. Tradition is great, but if Dallas doesn't give a crap about it, then I'm not going to, either.

BajaOklahoma
1/1/2007, 07:55 PM
Actually, The CB committee has not made the decision yet. They are trying to balance tradition with reality, and they are hoping that they may actually get a mayor who understands business and will work with them.
They are leaning toward moving, however.

King Crimson
1/1/2007, 08:04 PM
yeah, but they put up all those colorful sidelines boards and such.....it looked just like a fast food restaurant bowl. whoot!

RacerX
1/1/2007, 08:51 PM
There is not a big enough font available for me to type DUH in.

ultimatesooner1
1/1/2007, 09:31 PM

sheesh.

this is why I love the cotton bowl, I have been to multiple OU/TX games and man concerts @ the Smirnoff amphitheather during the night and never felt like I was ever in danger.

The ghetto atmosphere, state fair and stadium add alot to the ou/tx game IMO. If the game moves the jerryworld, it will feel like a bunch of yuppies fighting in the suburbs and that isn't near as much fun

OklahomaTuba
1/2/2007, 09:18 AM
I'll tell you what isn't fun, and that's seeing raw sewage on the stadium concourse because the City of Dallas can't take care of their ****ing stadium.

If they can't accomplish the simple feat of keeping **** in a restroom, then move the damn game ASAP.

jk the sooner fan
1/2/2007, 09:21 AM
umm......folks, arlington isnt highland park here.....really, its arlington.....you'll still need to lock your cars at the stadium

OklahomaTuba
1/2/2007, 09:31 AM
And Jerry will probably charge you to do that.

LoyalFan
1/2/2007, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=ultimatesooner1]this is why I love the cotton bowl...

The ghetto atmosphere...add alot to the ou/tx game IMO. [QUOTE]

Ummmmm....WHAT?

LF

jk the sooner fan
1/2/2007, 09:37 AM
the reason why the OU/tx game is never played at nite is because of its location

NormanPride
1/2/2007, 11:01 AM
I can just see it...

"Chris Brown takes the handoff... stutter steps... sees a lane! He's to the 40! The 30! The- a gang fight has broken out on the field! Brown is down! Brown is down! Oh the humanity!"

:(

yermom
1/2/2007, 11:37 AM
moving the Cotton Bowl game doesn't really mean that OU/Texass has to move out of the fair

it does probably mean there wouldn't be **** for improvements to the stadium though

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2007, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=ultimatesooner1]this is why I love the cotton bowl...

The ghetto atmosphere...add alot to the ou/tx game IMO. [QUOTE]

Ummmmm....WHAT?

LFHOME AND HOME, BABY!!!

Okla-homey
1/2/2007, 12:13 PM
If Dallas cared about the area, they'd condemn everything within 3 blocks of the parking areas, replace it with a green-space buffer and declare it a De-Thug-ified Zone (DTG)

Also, as Tuba pointed out, I personally witnessed burst water pipes and cascading terlit waterfalls. When trout are frolicking in them, its pretty and pastoral. When brown-trout are swimming in them, it's just gross.;)

I observed a member of the Cotton Bowl Maintenance & Engineering Department attempt to locate someone who cared and/or had the requisite expertise to staunch the resultant streams. Alas, his pleas were to no avail.

He was talking a good game on his handheld radio though.

If they do close the joint, I wonder of they would consider selling off their faintsy ee-lectronic scoreboards to the University of Tulsa? We could really use an update in scoreboardage, especially with the big games scheduled in the '07 season.

royalfan5
1/2/2007, 12:14 PM
Being used to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, I didn't think the Cotton Bowl was that bad. It was nice to have leg room for once, and a seatback.

jk the sooner fan
1/2/2007, 12:20 PM
you know, dallas ought to save the 50 milllion they're going to spend on renovating the cotton bowl, enter into a deal with jerry jones.....buy into some "rights" for $25 million

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2007, 02:32 PM
If they do close the joint, I wonder of they would consider selling off their faintsy ee-lectronic scoreboards to the University of Tulsa? We could really use an update in scoreboardage, especially with the big games scheduled in the '07 season.

Freaking he-larious! They have a new scoreboard that is worth more jack than the entire stadium and they think its updated...The scoreboard looked about as good as what we have in Norman, and doesn't compare to UT or aTm...