PDA

View Full Version : Best players in Big 12?

Collier11
1/1/2007, 06:00 PM
Who do you guys see as the best in the conf, not by pro-potential necessarily but just how good they are in terms of cbb.

1. Mario Boggan, osu- I hate to say it but he is a stud
2. Kevin Durant, tx-Maybe best, but too early to say for sure I think?
3. Joseph Jones, a&m-bad dude
4. richard roby, cu- good scorer and tough
5. Jarius Jackson, tt-just a great scorer
6. bill walker, ksu-early but is going to be great
7. darrel arthur, ku-going to be great
8. stephon hannah, mu- scorer who is a pest on D
9. aaron bruce, baylor - best player on a average team or jameson curry, osu-great shooter but struggles with ball handling
10. acie law, a&m- great pg or brandon rush, ku-overrated I think but still top 10

Give input, this is obviously just my opinion

OSUAggie
1/2/2007, 10:05 AM
Top ten?
1. Kevin Durant - best freshman I've seen since... well, ever.
2. Julian Wright - Solid in many, many ways.
3. Mario Boggan - Much improved.
4. Richard Roby - Best "NBA" wing talent in the conference.
5. Joseph Jones - Very solid around the goal.
6. Jarius Jackson - Unbelievable quickness and has improved his 3-point shot a ton.
7. Bill Walker - Maybe too soon, but he's def. a stud.
8. JamesOn Curry - Very consistent this year after an up-and-mostly-down year last season.
9. Brandon Rush - Takes too many plays off, but smoother than his bros.
10. Acie Law IV - He's the 4th...

King Crimson
1/2/2007, 10:16 AM
it's hard to know about Roby. he's not any better than he was 2 years ago....which is par for the Ricardo Patton player development course. he went in the tank last year mid-season when teams went guarding him hard/physical on the perimeter....and they (CU) are so bad this year, who knows? he's a good player i've seen a dozen times in person....but?

second round pick.

Durant is a stud.

Matthew
1/3/2007, 02:09 PM
Those selecting Roby might want to take a look at his numbers.

He's shooting about 33 percent from the field last time I checked.

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 03:49 PM
Not hard to do when you're the only player on a terrible team with a lame duck coach. I was basing him more on the past couple of years, as I have only seen CU play once this year.

royalfan5
1/3/2007, 04:26 PM
Don't sleep on Maric at NU if he stays healthy. Sadler seems to have lit a fire under him, and has an idea how to use him unlike Collier.

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 05:30 PM
Eh.. Nebraska basketball hasn't been the same since Danny left.

Collier11
1/3/2007, 05:33 PM

Thats funny

royalfan5
1/3/2007, 06:07 PM
We will be surpassing the Nee era shortly. Sadler knows what he is doing, and used to babysit your coach. Don't be shocked if NU turns into the next TAMU.

Ash
1/3/2007, 06:17 PM
Don't be shocked if NU turns into the next TAMU.

heh...taken out of context that's funny on many different levels.:D

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 06:25 PM
The next TAMU? Finish 4th in the conference one time and then claim dominance?

royalfan5
1/3/2007, 07:23 PM
This is Nebraska basketball we're talking about. We'd **** ourselves over going to the dance. From worse than Baylor to winning a game in the tournament in two years is impressive no matter how you look at it.

King Crimson
1/3/2007, 07:55 PM
This is Nebraska basketball we're talking about. We'd **** ourselves over going to the dance. From worse than Baylor to winning a game in the tournament in two years is impressive no matter how you look at it.

is it true you guys have NEVER won a NCAA tournament game?

royalfan5
1/3/2007, 08:03 PM
is it true you guys have NEVER won a NCAA tournament game?
yes. We're the Clippers of the Big XII.

OUstud
1/3/2007, 08:20 PM
It could be worse: Northwestern's never even been to the tournament!

OSUAggie
1/4/2007, 12:31 PM
Or: You could claim tradition like Mizzou and still have no idea what a Final 4 looks like.

Herr Scholz
1/4/2007, 02:23 PM
Exactly. :D They won their first EVER conference tourney game last season. One tourney win in the history of the Big XII. Impressive. They also made the Big Dance for the first time since the 1980s last season where they also won only one game.

royalfan5
1/4/2007, 03:27 PM
Exactly. :D They won their first EVER conference tourney game last season. One tourney win in the history of the Big XII. Impressive. They also made the Big Dance for the first time since the 1980s last season where they also won only one game.
again better than Nebraska has done.

Herr Scholz
1/4/2007, 03:32 PM
again better than Nebraska has done.
aggy is the only team to go winless during conference play. 0-16 takes some work.

royalfan5
1/4/2007, 03:46 PM
aggy is the only team to go winless during conference play. 0-16 takes some work.
True, but also does never winning an NCAA tourney game

Collier11
1/4/2007, 03:59 PM
are kansas and mizzou the only teams to go undefeated in conf play?? I know mizzou was big 8 and I think kansas was big 12??

OSUAggie
1/4/2007, 04:43 PM
If you go back to Big 8, how far back do you want to take it? In the Big 12 I believe KU is the only one, although I don't really recall.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:06 PM
I was just saying, the only ones that I know of from the big 8/big12 are kansas and mizzou

OSUAggie
1/4/2007, 05:17 PM
Those are the only 2 I can think of, esp. in the last 20 years or so... Don't remember much about 80's OU, but I'm assuming they never did it ...

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:27 PM
ya it seems like I remember the announcers saying that kansas and mizzou were the only teams, but I could be wrong...

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/5/2007, 08:04 AM
Those selecting Roby might want to take a look at his numbers.

He's shooting about 33 percent from the field last time I checked.
Numbers are LIARS Matthew, numbers are LIARS!