PDA

View Full Version : One downside to the New Year's Day BCS bowl coverage,

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2007, 05:25 PM
Right now, there are as many figure skating competitions than there are bowl games.
There's figure skating on NBC and ESPN right now compared to just one college football game.

jkjsooner
1/1/2007, 05:32 PM
It's the same every year.. Wait until Super Sunday. I remember one year on the major networks + ESPN there were 3 figure skating "competitions" (or for the professional one's I would call them more exhibitions) on at the same time.

I guess the idea is, any male sports fan is going to watch these football games. Putting on the "world's strongest man" competition would be pointless. Instead, they just go after the female viewers.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2007, 05:35 PM
It's the same every year.. Wait until Super Sunday. I remember one year on the major networks + ESPN there were 3 figure skating "competitions" (or for the professional one's I would call them more exhibitions) on at the same time.

I guess the idea is, any male sports fan is going to watch these football games. Putting on the "world's strongest man" competition would be pointless. Instead, they just go after the female viewers.
Well, the World's Strongest Man is on ESPN 2 right now.

I'm in favor of a pay-per-view Lingerie Bowl myself just like during the Super Bowl.

bluedogok
1/1/2007, 05:56 PM
I watched the Avs-Predators game on the other TV, this sucks only having one game on at a time. I have 2 TV's and sat boxes in my living room, for a reason.

snp
1/1/2007, 06:12 PM
Another downside is being too hungover all day so you sleep through all the games. Not cool, I missed out on all of them today except a half of Nebraska and now the RB.

BoogercountySooner
1/1/2007, 06:55 PM
I've taken 2 naps so far today!