PDA

View Full Version : Fox having these bowl games is already a disaster

Rhino
1/1/2007, 11:43 AM
Dead air, "technical difficulties", stupid graphics, old man river pbp guy Pat Sumerall, idiot color commentator.

Son of a *****.

Newbomb Turk
1/1/2007, 11:45 AM
Sumerall has already screwed up a couple times, and it's only the first drive of tha game.

Rhino
1/1/2007, 11:45 AM
OU overlooked Zac Taylor?
Pur-eh-fee?
Lucky better than Lucky?

Lil just said Pat Sumerall is worse than Bob Barry, Sr.

Rhino
1/1/2007, 11:46 AM
Seriously, where's the reasoning behind this?

Outside of the Fox directional sports channels, they haven't even whiffed college football. Now they want to host bowl games?

****in' A.

King Crimson
1/1/2007, 11:55 AM
Seriously, where's the reasoning behind this?

****in' A.

FOX: "we do the NFL, NCAA ball is just the little version of the NFL....so what's the difference?...and ya'll effin hillbillies are just lucky to have the GREAT FOX do your puny little games".

the_ouskull
1/1/2007, 12:00 PM
****in' A.

Sincerely,
http://www.dailypepper.com/mt/archives/pepper_brooks.jpg

...and I can totally see Lil' saying that about BBJ / Summerall. Funny. It's kinda sad too though, 'cause Summerall used to be the best. Age takes a bit out of all of us... except Sharon Stone, David Alan Coe, and Noah, I suppose. They all did great things after turning 100...

the_ouskull

OUAndy1807
1/1/2007, 12:02 PM
at least it's in HD so I can see just how old and depressing Pat Summerall is with amazin clarity.

King Crimson
1/1/2007, 12:03 PM
i'm not a fan of the massive on field down and distance graphic.

badger
1/1/2007, 12:10 PM
wow, look at all 30 auburn fans. I think their coverage is getting better now... perhaps some of it can be accredited to crappy cotton bowl sound.

bluedogok
1/1/2007, 01:38 PM
That way they didn't have to pay Summerall for expenses since he lives in Dallas. He was a bargain.....

I still like listening to him better than many of the others even if he does have some screw-ups, better than listening to Phil Simms anytime.

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2007, 04:40 PM
Having a jackhammer ram a small dog into my eardrum is better than listening to Phil Simms.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2007, 05:07 PM
Having a jackhammer ram a small dog into my eardrum is better than listening to Phil Simms.
Not to mention Jim Nantz. Gawd, does it suck that CBS has the Super Bowl this year with those dum-dums.

bluedogok
1/1/2007, 05:14 PM
With Nantz you think it is a golf tournament no matter what the sport is. I may have to sync up the radio broadcast off Sirius when I watch the Superbowl.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2007, 05:15 PM
With Nantz you think it is a golf tournament no matter what the sport is. I may have to sync up the radio broadcast off Sirius when I watch the Superbowl.
It's much worse during the NCAA basketball tourney when Nantz and Billy Packer do the games. All-time worst TV sports annoucing tandem HANDS DOWN.

OKC-SLC
1/1/2007, 05:37 PM
It's really not so bad. Once the bleeding stops, etc., anyway.

Turd_Ferguson
1/1/2007, 05:40 PM
That way they didn't have to pay Summerall for expenses since he lives in Dallas. He was a bargain.....

I still like listening to him better than many of the others even if he does have some screw-ups, better than listening to Phil Simms anytime.

heh....Everytime I hear Pat's voice, all I can think of is "He always puts a lot of spin on his balls, Billy".

poke4christ
1/1/2007, 06:16 PM
I've watched some of the fox pre-game. It is easily the worst pregame I've ever seen. The hosts seem to have no clue what they are doing. I love abc. They always had great coverage, and any of the major news stations (4,5, and 9) do decent. It really sucks that fox won the bidding war.

Zach

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2007, 06:35 PM
I've watched some of the fox pre-game. It is easily the worst pregame I've ever seen. The hosts seem to have no clue what they are doing. I love abc. They always had great coverage, and any of the major news stations (4,5, and 9) do decent. It really sucks that fox won the bidding war.

Zach
Also, with ABC you can count on seeing the reruns on the ESPN family of networks. Doubtful that ESPN will show an "Instant Classic" of a game shown on FOX.

Bruiser53
1/1/2007, 06:41 PM
at least it's in HD so I can see just how old and depressing Pat Summerall is with amazin clarity.
It's not in HD for Cox in Oklahoma City. It's ridiculous that I won't be able to watch the National Championship in High Def when I have a HD tv.

sooner-n-ga
1/1/2007, 06:53 PM
and HD just for the Bowl games and then I realize fox in carrying the OU game. They have the worst HD picture of my 12 HD channels, but is still a lot better than regular digital tv..

85sooners
1/1/2007, 06:55 PM
pat summeral sucks:eek:

bluedogok
1/1/2007, 07:34 PM
Can you pick it up with OTA? I had to use the antenna until my Directv HD was installed.