PDA

View Full Version : Broncos starting CB Darrent Williams shot dead

CShine
1/1/2007, 08:50 AM
Broncos right cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed this morning after leaving a nightclub near 11th and Grant in a limousine. The team confirmed the death of Williams. A female passenger also was shot, according to a source familiar with Williams. Williams was 24.

"I learned from the Denver Police Deprtment that this incident has occured," Williams' agent, Jeff Griffin said early Monday morning. "No other details have been released. I sincerely offer my condolences and feelings to his family."

Williams was the Broncos' starting right cornerback and played his final game for the team in a 26-23 overtime loss to the San Francisco 49ers that eliminated Denver from the playoffs on New Year's Eve.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4931937

Mjcpr
1/1/2007, 12:12 PM
Wow......condolences for the former Poke.

birddog
1/3/2007, 11:54 AM
the investigation is intensifying, big time. i hope they catch that bastard. a simple argument at a bar, which happens all the time, results in a death.

that makes sense.:rolleyes:

rip darrent.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 12:41 PM
the investigation is intensifying, big time. i hope they catch that bastard. a simple argument at a bar, which happens all the time, results in a death.

that makes sense.:rolleyes:

rip darrent.

Gotta love modern mindsets.....more young people can get ahold of guns a lot easier today. And for them it's easier to just whip out a gun to 'be a man' about things than to actually attempt to settle differences.

Boomer.....
1/4/2007, 03:35 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/04/bc.fbn.broncos.williams.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

The police have found the vehicle in question. It had been painted black on the sides of the vehicle, but the idiots forgot to paint the top of it. In a weird twist, the owner of the vehicle is already locked up for drug and murder charges.

GrapevineSooner
1/4/2007, 09:20 PM
Now if they can just catch the a**holes who did this.