PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Shopping

soonerhubs
12/31/2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Folks,
We're shopping for a good credit card to use to buy airline tickets.

We're wanting one that we can pay off each month.

One with the lowest APR.

One that won't screw us over with hidden fees.

Any experience Credit Card Gurus with advice?

soonerhubs
12/31/2006, 09:49 PM
Bump... No takers? :(

1stTimeCaller
12/31/2006, 09:56 PM
If you fly Southwest a lot get one of their Visas. American Express has a point system for airline miles you can use with a variety of airlines, I think.

If you're going to pay it off each month the APR doesn't matter.

soonerhubs
12/31/2006, 09:58 PM
If you fly Southwest a lot get one of their Visas. American Express has a point system for airline miles you can use with a variety of airlines, I think.

If you're going to pay it off each month the APR doesn't matter.
Thankyou. I didn't know that about APR. I've gone all 28 years of my life without a CC but I see it high time to get one. Southwest was one of my top choices.

BoogercountySooner
12/31/2006, 10:11 PM
Ok-You can buy airline tickets with about any credit card but if you want one to accumulate airline miles then watch the commercials on TV and contact them.

You can pay off all credit cards every month and get charged no interest. You just need to know when the date is to have it paid by then.

You APR depends on how good your credit is. If you have excellent credit I'd say a score of 750 or more you can get 0 interest if you have poor credit a low APR is going to be tough.

You need to read the fine print very well to avoid unexpected fee's.

Hope that helps.

OUinFLA
12/31/2006, 10:16 PM
do a google search for credit card ratings and benefits.
somewhere out there is a page that compares and even lets you fill in what you are interested in. Then it makes recomendations and tells you the benefits of each type of card.

Ill be glad to give you a couple of mine, but you would have to pay them off before using them.

soonerhubs
12/31/2006, 10:32 PM
do a google search for credit card ratings and benefits.
somewhere out there is a page that compares and even lets you fill in what you are interested in. Then it makes recomendations and tells you the benefits of each type of card.

Ill be glad to give you a couple of mine, but you would have to pay them off before using them.

Thanks you guys.

sooner_born_1960
12/31/2006, 10:59 PM
If you're going to pay it off every month, the rate doesn't make any difference. Just be sure there are no fees.

TopDaugIn2000
12/31/2006, 11:30 PM
get me one while you're at it. I'll use it for ya, and let ya know how it works.