PDA

View Full Version : Another chance for BV to become a head coach????

AllAboutThe'O'
12/31/2006, 06:45 PM
Minnesota's Glen Mason took the fall after the collapse against Texas Tech.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2715640&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Texas Golfer
12/31/2006, 07:00 PM
"If we had not lost the way we had lost, I don't think we'd be here today," athletic director Joel Maturi said.That's sh!tty to fire him based on a single game.

Texas Golfer
12/31/2006, 07:00 PM
"If we had not lost the way we had lost, I don't think we'd be here today," athletic director Joel Maturi said.That's sh!tty to fire him based on a single game.

Texas Golfer
12/31/2006, 07:01 PM
Wow. Deja vu all over again. How did it double post?

SoonerStormchaser
12/31/2006, 07:15 PM
I blame the horsepigs!

OUinFLA
12/31/2006, 07:29 PM
I think they are idiots.
In their "storied" program, this guy has had them in 5 consecutive bowls.
So, they lost some of them. Someone has to lose.
Looking over their previous 7 years, they didnt even get to go to a bowl.

Now, I'm a solid Southern type of guy, and I dont see the allure to living up where it snows for 7 months out of the year. And I dont mean the nice pleasant type of snow.

Good luck Gophers, get the best guy you can. Oh, wait, you may have just fired him.

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2006, 07:40 PM
Why would Venables even want that job? No way you can compete with Michigan and Ohio State

okcfan33
12/31/2006, 07:51 PM
I think they need to look at the opponent a little closer. How many times has Tech came back from big deficits to beat people? A bunch. It may be a monumental comeback, but certainly not unheard of in their wacky offense. People should know that could happen when you play Leach.

King Crimson
12/31/2006, 08:04 PM
Mason had the highest conference winning % of any Gopher coach ever at 42%. sounds kind of an "impulse" fire......Mason has had some good teams. who are they gonna get that's better?

i don't see BV as a candidate or taking this job.

Octavian
12/31/2006, 08:23 PM
I'd like BV to be for Bob what Sandusky was for JoePa or Charlie McBride was Osborne

As much as our offensive philosophy has changed in the Stoops Era with the revolving door of assistants...BV has been a constant for the defense

I hope he stays in Norman as long as Bob does

OKC-SLC
12/31/2006, 11:51 PM
Minnesota has had one major contribution to college FB, and that's Bud.

Good luck with your coaching search, Gophers. You're crazy if you think a coach worth a hoot is heading your way with Bama still looking.

royalfan5
1/1/2007, 12:38 AM
Minnesota is getting a brand new stadium in the near future. That's a plus for them. Also going to 5 straight bowls doesn't mean much in this day. Everybody goes to a bowl except for Baylor. Over half the teams in D-1 go. What's the point of plowing a bunch of cash into your program in the way of a brand new stadium to have a guy that blows every important game he has been a part of? Glen Mason is a horrible game day coach. He had NU dead to rights at KU and forgot to put his start running back in for the winning two point conversion. The Tech game isnt the first game he has ****ed away, it's part of a recurring pattern. Sure Mason can recruit, but so can Ron Zook and John Blake.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2007, 01:03 AM
Why would Venables even want that job? No way you can compete with Michigan and Ohio State$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...Besides, I don't think there's a dominant team west of the Great Lakes in the upper midwest.. Some crazies actually want to live in the cold country.