PDA

View Full Version : More Embarrassing to Cowboy Fans (Toss-Up)...

AllAboutThe'O'
12/31/2006, 06:34 PM
today's loss at home to the Lions or the loss to the Texans in their inaugural game four years ago?

I'm going to say the loss today to Detroit. The Texans' loss was bad enough, but the Cowboys proved to still not be a very good team plus the game was in Houston and the Texans and their fans had waited months for this game so they were going to be sky-high regardless.
Today, the Cowboys were playing at home against a team that won only two games, were one loss away from sewing up the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, had struggled on the road this entire decade and whose president/general manager has been on the proverbial hot seat five years running. Plus, the Cowboys still had a chance to win the division if the Eagles lost to the Falcons.
And yet, they lost at home to the Lions.
Even if the Cowboys somehow make it to the Super Bowl, it's still going to be a while before I wash this bad taste from my mouth over today's game.:mad:

hookem31
12/31/2006, 08:32 PM
I was so busy at work today, that I barely got to see any of it. And for that I'm thankful.

Pathetic is the only word I can think of.

But while I'm here, let me ask some of you your opinions. One of my customers mentioned he would like to see Roy moved to LB. After thinking about it for a while, didn't sound too bad of an idea. He'd need to bulk up a bit, but with his speed, he could be very dangerous.

Thoughts?

usmc-sooner
1/1/2007, 01:23 PM
I don't think it would work. I think the Dallas secondary suffers from a horrible lack of push by their D-line. Their LBers are horrible in coverage as well. I think they run some dumb schemes. The money spent on TO could have helped a lot more at other positions.

GrapevineSooner
1/5/2007, 01:48 PM
Thing is they did spend a lot of money and draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. And TO came relatively cheap this year.

I think the problems are more scheme-related. And not having a consistent pash rush.