PDA

View Full Version : USuC says no bush in rose bowl

SoonerTerry
12/31/2006, 12:19 PM
? Did anyone else just hear that on fox nfl today?
I guess they have banned Reggie and his family attending from the rose bowl.
I'm lookin for a link now....

Ruuuuuufus
12/31/2006, 12:20 PM
wha?

...so Bush isn't playing for USC in the Rose?

SoonerTerry
12/31/2006, 12:29 PM
heh

PDXsooner
12/31/2006, 12:29 PM
so every chick has to shave before entering the stadium?

SoonerTerry
12/31/2006, 12:36 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/SimTechMan/plucked-chicken.jpg

soonerhubs
12/31/2006, 03:10 PM
Here's Your Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6321340)

badger
12/31/2006, 03:16 PM
hehehe. the trojans will receive no "bush push" this time!

please tell me this affects their recruiting. please tell me this affects their recruiting.

Newbomb Turk
12/31/2006, 03:18 PM
Here's Your Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6321340)

thanks for the link. nice link to pics of NFL cheerleaders on that page!

Scotty
12/31/2006, 03:18 PM
O.J. can come to practice but Reggie is asked not to come to a game?

Hmmmm.

badger
12/31/2006, 03:21 PM
yes, but oj... um... he said he didn't do it, and he was aquitted and... did you read the book that just came out, or see the interview? ...um, no... um...

Wasn't he funny in the Naked Gun movies? Hmm? Funny man makes practice funny.

StoopTroup
12/31/2006, 03:27 PM
So Reggie killed Ron and Nicole?

badger
12/31/2006, 03:40 PM
OJ is searching for the real killer. Everyone (including Reggie) is a suspect.:rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
12/31/2006, 04:49 PM
The USC Trojans have done something defenders have been unable to do in Reggie Bush's rookie year — they've stunned him dead in his tracks.

The Saints running back and former Heisman Trophy winner told FOX NFL Sunday and FOXSports.com that USC officials have asked that he not show up on the sidelines for the Trojans' Rose Bowl matchup against the Michigan on New Year's Day.
Bush called the athletic department Friday to get his credentials for the game, but was told it would be better if he didn't attend the game.
"It's ridiculous," said Bush. "I guess I won't be going."
Bush said he believed all the negative stories that surfaced earlier this year regarding alleged financial impropriates caused them to put forth such a request and he's obviously not happy about it. Thus, Bush is making no plans to show up — despite winning the Heisman for the university a year ago and helping lead them to the national championship game two years in a row.
USC is likely trying to distance itself from Bush after a man named Michael Michaels alleged that he allowed Bush's parents to move into a $757,000, 3,000-square-foot home he owned in Spring Valley, a San Diego suburb. According to Michaels, Bush's parents failed to pay any of the agreed upon $4,500 monthly rent on the property before Michaels evicted the family. Michaels also alleged that he paid for Bush's family to travel to some USC road games during the 2005 season.
However, Michaels also promised that he would have corroborating evidence to these claims and much more yet to this day nothing has been proven.
Had anything been proven, USC could have been stripped of its 2004 championship. But considering the man has yet to be proven guilty of anything, to shun one of your biggest stars and most beloved players at this point is absurd — especially considering O.J. Simpson has been allowed to attend certain USC events. O.J. can come to practice but Reggie is asked not to come to a game?
Hmmmm.

Scott D
12/31/2006, 04:51 PM
USC distancing themselves from Bush means that it's likely the NCAA is going to hit them with some sort of hammer.

Big Red Ron
12/31/2006, 04:59 PM
USC distancing themselves from Bush means that it's likely the NCAA is going to hit them with some sort of hammer.:texan:

:pop:

101sooner
12/31/2006, 05:05 PM
USC distancing themselves from Bush means that it's likely the NCAA is going to hit them with some sort of hammer.

Yup.

SleestakSooner
12/31/2006, 05:19 PM

Hmmmm, seems to me this action is calling attention to an issue they would rather keep hush hush. I can see how his being there at the game might serve as a media distraction, but what further harm would his being there cause?

dumb move SuC

badger
12/31/2006, 05:31 PM
Hmmmm, seems to me this action is calling attention to an issue they would rather keep hush hush. I can see how his being there at the game might serve as a media distraction, but what further harm would his being there cause?

dumb move SuC
what was dumb was bush's family accepting a gift like that when they knew that it was against the rules and could hurt their son.

... oh wait, it doesn't hurt their son, it only hurts the school that helped him win the heisman and that championship. my mistake. let usc burn, bushes.

Rogue
12/31/2006, 05:36 PM
If SUC gets the NCAA hammer, I'll be very surprised. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy it, but I'd be surprised.

Scott D
12/31/2006, 05:44 PM

dumb move SuC

Because he's the source of why the NCAA could be dropping the hammer on USC somehow. I also doubt it's even more of a coincidence that the Carroll back to the NFL rumors are stronger this year than they have been in the past. Perhaps they think if they continue to distance themselves from Bush in the case that he ends up being ruled as an ineligible during his last 1.5 years at USC, it will create some perception of doing the right thing.

Badger, the allegations go farther than just his family accepting stuff. But also stretch into him making demands, along with possibly accepting payments through the wannabe agent.

Big Red Ron
12/31/2006, 06:21 PM
Because he's the source of why the NCAA could be dropping the hammer on USC somehow. I also doubt it's even more of a coincidence that the Carroll back to the NFL rumors are stronger this year than they have been in the past. Perhaps they think if they continue to distance themselves from Bush in the case that he ends up being ruled as an ineligible during his last 1.5 years at USC, it will create some perception of doing the right thing.

Badger, the allegations go farther than just his family accepting stuff. But also stretch into him making demands, along with possibly accepting payments through the wannabe agent.Stay tuned folks...this could be a fun off season.

soonerhubs
12/31/2006, 06:50 PM
I'd never thought about it, but perhaps the Yahoo Sports reporter is waiting for the off season to release his evidence. Then again, why is he waiting so long?

MyT Oklahoma
12/31/2006, 08:31 PM
thanks for the link. nice link to pics of NFL cheerleaders on that page!

Uh huh but keep looking until you find the best Da*n Dream Hooter's Girl link. God Bless America.

MyT Oklahoma
12/31/2006, 08:33 PM

No but if he were any kind of man he would help the Juice find the real killers.

MamaMia
12/31/2006, 08:50 PM
This looks bad on everyone involved in any way. :eek: