PDA

View Full Version : Plumley should play more, much more

usmc-sooner
12/30/2006, 09:12 PM
that little girl is awesome. She came in added 3 assists in a row when we were up by only 2. She can shoot the 3 and that no look pass was a thing of beauty. She doesn't have the experience of the other points but I think her talent is greater.

SoonerSid
12/30/2006, 11:34 PM
She is definitely a player. I had the pleasure of watching her through high school. When she came in, it was like the team shifted gears. She was hitting 3's from downtown, no look passes only making CP look good. She can run the floor for sure. I'm just glad to see her getting some playing time.

Chuck Bao
12/31/2006, 12:28 AM
One of Jenna's 3s today was just as the shot clock was winding down and she didn't get a very good look. Wow!

I enjoy watching her play.

Remembering Tom Stidham
12/31/2006, 10:05 AM
You are all right. When Sherri put her in the first half against Ohio State, I thought we would win. But she fell back on Brown and Moore and we suffered. She will be starting very soon and we will make the Final Four.

Sooner24
12/31/2006, 10:37 AM
You are all right. When Sherri put her in the first half against Ohio State, I thought we would win. But she fell back on Brown and we suffered. She will be starting very soon and we will make the Final Four.

I fixed it for you.

NormanPride
12/31/2006, 11:07 AM
Hey, no dogging on our starters at PG. They've served us very well and Plumley has to learn both O and D to be an effective starter. She's an amazing player so far, but I wonder if she's going to be a liability on D like Lavender was for the men.

Remembering Tom Stidham
12/31/2006, 11:16 AM
She doesn't have to guard people a foot taller than she is. And she is already our strongest perimeter player on defense. If you watched the Ohio State game you know that our two senior guards will never get us to the championship round. They try but are just limited in ability.

SoonerSid
12/31/2006, 12:05 PM
Jenna comes from a program that knows how to win games. This is all she ever did.
One of Jenna's 3s today was just as the shot clock was winding down and she didn't get a very good look. Wow! She already has the metal for clutch situations. I believe coach Coale realizes that too.
No dig on Brown, but with Jenna, she has won it all, and knows how get there.

Her Bio high school years pretty much says it all.
Jenna Plumley
# 11
Point Guard - PG

Height: 5-4

Freshman

Red Rock, Okla.
Frontier HS

• 2003, 2005 MVP of Oklahoma state tournament
• 2004, 2005 & 2006 member of Oklahoman Super Five Team.
• 2005 MVP of 17-and-under National Tournament.
• 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 Stillwater Newspress Player of the Year
• 2006 Oklahoma Coaches Association All-State
• 2006 OGBCA All-State
• 2006 Indian All-State
• Sited as the “Jason Kidd of prep hoops” by Oklahoma Tipoff Magazine.
• Named 2005 preseason state MVP by Oklahoma Tipoff Magazine.

Four-year varsity starter under head coach Clay Stephens at Frontier High School ... guided Frontier to 110-12 record during prep career, including two state championships (2003, 2005) ... MVP of state tournament in 2003 and 2005 ... averaged 24.3 points, 8. 3 assists and 6.0 steals as a senior ... averaged 22 points, 9 assists and 6.0 steals as a junior ... averaged 19 points and 8 assists as a sophomore ... averaged 19 points and 6 assists as a freshman ... tied the career state tournament scoring mark of 221 during four postseason trips ... played AAU ball for the Air Stars, who are coached by Ron Hutton ... compete in the Oklahoma-Texas All-Star game after her senior season ... guided Oklahoma Pride to 2005 17-and-under National Championship ... won Junior Olympic National Championship with fellow OU signee Rose Hammond ... one of four children of Carol and Ron Plumley ... born Dec. 17, 1987 in Perry, Okla.

badger
12/31/2006, 10:15 PM
the best part is that she's short. it's like a basketball version of Q in the huddle.
can we think up a nickname soon? I need something to shout after all those 3's!

SoonerSid
1/1/2007, 12:49 AM
the best part is that she's short. it's like a basketball version of Q in the huddle.
can we think up a nickname soon? I need something to shout after all those 3's!
Ok.. here you go. My Mom said to holler "Little J" after she hits a 3. I don't think my Mom missed any of her games during her high school career. She stays in contact with Jenna's Mom Carol, and she will let her know too.

Salt City Sooner
1/1/2007, 01:34 AM
Everytime I watch her, the word sparkplug comes to mind. It seems like she just AIN'T happy unless she's making something happen, & it's been positive for the gals more often than not.

BoomerGirl34
1/3/2007, 02:54 PM
Jenna is definitely a spark plug. I'm eager to see her tonight against K-State. I have to wonder if Britney is hurting- (the knee?)- - she just doesn't seem to be at 100%.

BoomerGirl34
1/3/2007, 02:55 PM
As for nicknames, I was seated near a man at the Cox Center who referred to her as "Lil Spud" LOL!