PDA

View Full Version : How in the wide wide world of sports did Texas beat us this year?

usmc-sooner
12/30/2006, 08:51 PM
they didn't look very good against a 6-7 Iowa team and it was basically a home game for UT.

MyT Oklahoma
12/30/2006, 09:00 PM
With a little help from us. Happens.

RRWSooner
12/30/2006, 09:04 PM
A b uttload of turnovers, thats how..

usmc-sooner
12/30/2006, 09:07 PM
I know but damn we were really close to being unbeaten, really close.

Fantastic job by our coaches and players.

milesl
12/30/2006, 09:44 PM
wow, i was just thinking the same thing ! We got better and they got worse. I was rooting for them this evening and I was thinking wow this is basically a home game for the Longhorns, and hasnt Iowa lost their last 6 games - texas should runaway with the game. didnt happen. glad they came away with the win, the big 12 needs it.:mack:

Big Red Ron
12/30/2006, 10:35 PM
5 turnovers, end of story.

BASSooner
12/30/2006, 10:47 PM
if we had no turnovers, we would've dominated the game on all sides easily.

olevetonahill
12/30/2006, 11:09 PM
pic 10 officials !

utex74
12/31/2006, 12:17 AM
if we had no turnovers, we would've dominated the game on all sides easily.

Lots of "ifs" in every game. IF we hadn't taken the ball away from you the game in Dallas would have been closer. IF Colt stays healthy we don't lose to KSU and the aggies. (ok, at least the aggies) IF we had a damn running game Colt wouldn't need to throw for 300 yards to beat Iowa. IF the damn Iowa fan behind me hadn't yelled at us, "get your horns up!" after their second score I wouldn't have almost gotten into a fistfight right there in the stands. (they do sell beer in the Alamo Dome) Lots of "ifs" and next year's game will have a bunch of those, as well. We can all just hope they go our way.

Hook 'Em

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/31/2006, 12:25 AM
Lots of "ifs" in every game. IF we hadn't taken the ball away from you the game in Dallas would have been closer. IF Colt stays healthy we don't lose to KSU and the aggies. (ok, at least the aggies) IF we had a damn running game Colt wouldn't need to throw for 300 yards to beat Iowa. IF the damn Iowa fan behind me hadn't yelled at us, "get your horns up!" after their second score I wouldn't have almost gotten into a fistfight right there in the stands. (they do sell beer in the Alamo Dome) Lots of "ifs" and next year's game will have a bunch of those, as well. We can all just hope they go our way.

Hook 'Em Repulsive?...why, yes, it is!

KsSooner
12/31/2006, 12:44 AM
Colt didn't play defense against Ksucks...

utex74
12/31/2006, 12:48 AM
Colt didn't play defense against Ksucks...

That's why I qualified my post with "at least the aggies". Too lazy to retype. Really no excuse for KSU that is credible.

olevetonahill
12/31/2006, 01:10 AM
a :texan: with green . WTF ? :eek:

utex74
12/31/2006, 01:14 AM
a :texan: with green . WTF ? :eek:

"green"?

SleestakSooner
12/31/2006, 01:21 AM
good god! espn is yapping texass up as if they just won another MNC.

"What did Texas prove today by beating Iowa?"

answer... that they are barely able to beat a mediocre team on their own turf. or you could go with whatever Mark May thinks... yeah right.

TripleOption14
12/31/2006, 01:24 AM
5 turnovers, end of story.

Done and Done

utex74
12/31/2006, 01:28 AM
good god! espn is yapping texass up as if they just won another MNC.

"What did Texas prove today by beating Iowa?"

answer... that they are barely able to beat a mediocre team on their own turf. or you could go with whatever Mark May thinks... yeah right.

I think Iowa may be better than Boise. Still doesn't prove anything but if you overlook the mighty Broncos...it will be some GREAT posting adventures.

TripleOption14
12/31/2006, 01:34 AM
I think Iowa may be better than Boise. Still doesn't prove anything but if you overlook the mighty Broncos...it will be some GREAT posting adventures.

I wouldn't worry about "overlooking" if i were you. Stoops has never let his team look past anyone. Why would he start now.

Scotty
12/31/2006, 02:17 AM

Yeah, cuz you know what happens when fans overlook teams.....

Oh. Right.:rolleyes:

utex74
12/31/2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah, cuz you know what happens when fans overlook teams.....

Point well taken. Goodnight.

SCOUT
12/31/2006, 02:36 AM
I am wondering what this is based on... It obviously isn't conference or overall record.

What is the metric?

MamaMia
12/31/2006, 10:15 AM
I'd say we lost because of turnovers, the bad secondary play which allowed the horns to pass the ball up one side of the field and down the other, and that call on Joe Jon Finley.

utex74
12/31/2006, 05:17 PM
I am wondering what this is based on... It obviously isn't conference or overall record.

What is the metric?

More of a feeling. Iowa was 5-1 at the midpoint and barely lost to a very good Wisconsin team before cratering the second half of the season. I don't think Boise beat a BCS conference team. (could be mistaken about that since I don't have their schedule in front of me.) Anyway, we'll find out tomorrow.

Scott D
12/31/2006, 05:45 PM
We played our worst game of the season. Texas played their best game of the season. The End.

King Crimson
12/31/2006, 06:39 PM
and that call on Joe Jon Finley.

i thought that was a truly TERRIBLE call. but, sure, what's been posted. turnovers, McCoy a couple great throws on 3rd down, and going 3 and out on the first possession of the second half when we had "momentum" going into the half....was a killer. all went downhill from there.

but, you (plural) can't point to TO's like they are somehow "fluky" (like some Nebraska fans did after the conference championship game0--"if it weren't for the turnovers......"). they beat us on the field just like we beat NU on the field. so be it.

Texas Golfer
12/31/2006, 06:41 PM
Even with 5 turnovers, we still had over 100 more total yards than did UT. But when you spot the reigning national champions that many points, all the yards without points do you no good.

King Crimson
12/31/2006, 06:44 PM
More of a feeling. Iowa was 5-1 at the midpoint and barely lost to a very good Wisconsin team before cratering the second half of the season. I don't think Boise beat a BCS conference team. (could be mistaken about that since I don't have their schedule in front of me.) Anyway, we'll find out tomorrow.

BSU beat Oregon State, 42-14 or something like that.

ruf/nekdad
12/31/2006, 08:30 PM
they didn't look very good against a 6-7 Iowa team and it was basically a home game for UT.

I’m told, from a reliable source, that it was because of the pledges.:D

utex74
1/1/2007, 12:31 AM
We played our worst game of the season. Texas played their best game of the season. The End.

Probably our third best game of the year. Probably your third worst game, too. I thought UAB, UW and even Oregon were worse, even if you "won' all of them. As you did. Plus, remember, you beat a 6-6 OSU by six points, even if it IS their super bowl.

You guys did what you had to do the second half of the season and we tanked at the end. Congrats.

utex74
1/1/2007, 12:33 AM
Even with 5 turnovers, we still had over 100 more total yards than did UT. But when you spot the reigning national champions that many points, all the yards without points do you no good.

Also, turnovers on your end of the field means we don't have to go very far to score. We had short fields, you had long fields. Part of the game.

SCOUT
1/1/2007, 03:13 AM
Also, turnovers on your end of the field means we don't have to go very far to score. We had short fields, you had long fields. Part of the game.

No question. If Texas plays OU today though, I think OU wins by 10 points.

Next year is a whole new story. I don't have the foggiest idea who will win then. I will probably be betting on OU though :D

utex74
1/1/2007, 04:31 AM
Next year is a whole new story. I don't have the foggiest idea who will win then. I will probably be betting on OU though :D

Well I certainly would hope so. Good luck tonight.

Spray
1/1/2007, 04:45 AM
I think we beat Texas by 92 points next year. They lose a tackle that was pretty decent.

utex74
1/1/2007, 02:41 PM
BSU beat Oregon State, 42-14 or something like that.

Also posted elsewhere:

I heard a stat that Boise St against the Big 6 Conferences is 0-12 away from Boise. Last year they got absolutely steam rolled by Georgia and lost by 35 points.

You should win handily. Pressure's on! :D

mightysooner
1/1/2007, 02:56 PM
5 turnovers and 11 drive killing penalties. That.....and we got away from attacking that pathetic secondary of theirs just like we did A&M. Both showed they can't cover the pass yet we elected to run up the middle and sit on a lead.