PDA

View Full Version : Hillbillyitis got the best of me.

sanantoniosooner
12/30/2006, 11:11 AM
I'm frying two turkeys for a large gathering. The only problem is we've had so much rain that I couldn't do it in my yard where I did last time. So I picked my side walk. I knew I might get a little oil on the concrete so I was trying to think of things to put down under the fryer.

With few options and a time crunch I settled on putting cardboard under it and wetting it.

I just didn't consider how fast a turkey fryer will dry out a piece of cardboard. I've got to wet that stupid thing about every 5 minutes.

:mad:

TexasLidig8r
12/30/2006, 11:14 AM
http://hr.tamu.edu/whatsnew/applause.GIF

OUAndy1807
12/30/2006, 11:31 AM
throw some kitty litter on it.

soonernation
12/30/2006, 11:33 AM
I'm frying two turkeys for a large gathering. The only problem is we've had so much rain that I couldn't do it in my yard where I did last time. So I picked my side walk. I knew I might get a little oil on the concrete so I was trying to think of things to put down under the fryer.

With few options and a time crunch I settled on putting cardboard under it and wetting it.

I just didn't consider how fast a turkey fryer will dry out a piece of cardboard. I've got to wet that stupid thing about every 5 minutes.

:mad:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/HanoverAssets/Improvements/product_images/273975zz.jpg

Getcha one of these.

Okla-homey
12/30/2006, 03:24 PM
I usually fry mine on the lawn.

I set my burner unit up in a big galvanized washtub. It helps in three ways: 1) blocks the wind for better heat, 2) catches splatters 3) if the pot ever overflowed, it would retain the oil.

sanantoniosooner
12/30/2006, 04:14 PM
I usually fry mine on the lawn.

I set my burner unit up in a big galvanized washtub. It helps in three ways: 1) blocks the wind for better heat, 2) catches splatters 3) if the pot ever overflowed, it would retain the oil.
good plan

I'll invest in one.

I was successful in my two birds.

Just had to wet the cardboard quite often :D

olevetonahill
12/30/2006, 04:28 PM
good plan

I'll invest in one.

Drank a lot of beer Huh ?

sooner_born_1960
12/30/2006, 04:38 PM
good plan

I'll invest in one.

Just had to wet the carpet quite often :D
1tc?

Widescreen
12/30/2006, 05:32 PM
I'm beginning to think that 1tc probably shouldn't have shared that little anecdote in the SO. :D

Okla-homey
12/30/2006, 06:32 PM
good plan

I'll invest in one.

as an added bonus, the big galvanized washtub adds to the hillbilly ambience.

jk the sooner fan
12/30/2006, 06:36 PM
did you inject the birds with any seasoning?

sanantoniosooner
12/30/2006, 09:24 PM
did you inject the birds with any seasoning?
I have to do one tomorrow. I'll inject it.

I did these plain.