PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Reasons I hate the PAC 10

Bud_Wilkinson
12/29/2006, 10:30 PM
1. The constant Bitching (year in & year out) about being under rated (East Coast Bias), even when the BCS computers have them over rated.
2. Their homer refs & replay officials.
3. Some of the weakest Mascots ever i.e. Ducks, Beavers, Satans, Rubbers, trees & Baby Blue Bears.
4. The "We are SC" chant. Should be "We are A$$holes".
5. Oregon mix & match attire. "If you can't play the game, at least look good in the uniform."
6. ESPN's love affair with Pete & the boys.
7. NCAA sanctions!!!! Are you kidding me? Never!
8. Only West Coast loving announcers allowed for any Pac 10 game.
9. USC, Oregon & Stanford - USC & Oregon becasue they are USC & Oregon. Stanford goes all the way back to cry baby John Elway.
10. The fact that I can't blanket cheer against the Pac 10 because of Mike Stoops & Boz's nephews.

goingoneight
12/29/2006, 11:22 PM
You do realize that a conference is just a conference... right? :rolleyes: I just pick my team and f*ck the rest, y'ah mean?

Bud_Wilkinson
12/29/2006, 11:35 PM
Good point, but it does seem that USC leads the way in terms of attitude, then I look back on our games with Washington State, Oregon and I see the same attitude. From players, coaches and fan base.
Plus, with Big 10 or SEC there is a history & pride. With the PAC 10, it just comes off different.

OUfan7
12/30/2006, 12:41 AM
Problem with #3, ain't nothing wrong with a BEAVER!!! ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
12/30/2006, 02:24 AM
meh, every fan is different, every school is different, and every conference has its high points and low points.

(i.e. the SEC thinks they are Gods and deserve the right to be in every NC game because SOS)

MyT Oklahoma
12/30/2006, 02:13 PM
1. The constant Bitching (year in & year out) about being under rated (East Coast Bias), even when the BCS computers have them over rated.
2. Their homer refs & replay officials.
3. Some of the weakest Mascots ever i.e. Ducks, Beavers, Satans, Rubbers, trees & Baby Blue Bears.
4. The "We are SC" chant. Should be "We are A$$holes".
5. Oregon mix & match attire. "If you can't play the game, at least look good in the uniform."
6. ESPN's love affair with Pete & the boys.
7. NCAA sanctions!!!! Are you kidding me? Never!
8. Only West Coast loving announcers allowed for any Pac 10 game.
9. USC, Oregon & Stanford - USC & Oregon becasue they are USC & Oregon. Stanford goes all the way back to cry baby John Elway.
10. The fact that I can't blanket cheer against the Pac 10 because of Mike Stoops & Boz's nephews.

Hmmmm.. only ten reasons?

IronHorseSooner
12/30/2006, 03:09 PM
When I was stationed put there about 5 years ago during the championship year, and there was the talk in Washington about them being able to beat us in the Orange Bowl if they had played. It's a sense of arrogance out there. Outside of Mike, there's not a good thing about that conference.

lexsooner
12/30/2006, 04:18 PM
11. West coast jerk personalities, especially Californians, who have now infected Washington and Oregon with their presence. Californians are noted for their arrogance, lack of friendliness or warmth, and general rudeness. Aside from people from NY, NJ or Pennsylvania, Californians are probably the rudest people in the United States. The poster child for the California jerk is John Elway.

SunDevilSooner
12/30/2006, 09:34 PM
11. West coast jerk personalities, especially Californians, who have now infected Washington and Oregon with their presence. Californians are noted for their arrogance, lack of friendliness or warmth, and general rudeness. Aside from people from NY, NJ or Pennsylvania, Californians are probably the rudest people in the United States. The poster child for the California jerk is John Elway.

Agree 100%...I had the unfortunate luck to live there twice...both times mandated by Uncle Sam...and now they are infecting AZ as well...they are starting to bring their BS politics and general goofiness here as well. Time to head for Wyoming... :D

Big Red Ron
12/30/2006, 09:42 PM
I like Cali...'specially Newport Beach and San Diego...

Now that I think about it anything North of Hollywood can suck it!

shavedmarmoset
12/30/2006, 10:18 PM
Californians are like Texans in that they have a sense of pride and feel that they are better than everyone else because of where they are from.

OUFAN29
12/30/2006, 10:38 PM
Agree 100%...I had the unfortunate luck to live there twice...both times mandated by Uncle Sam...and now they are infecting AZ as well...they are starting to bring their BS politics and general goofiness here as well. Time to head for Wyoming... :D

Well I guess I should take my California money and not spend it in Washington when I fly up to Seattle for Seahawks games which is for every game being a season ticket holder. The same must be for AZ and considering I bring 3 other people out here for Coyotes games, Cardinals/Seahawks and the bowl games. I guess we should leave now back to Cali and take our money that helps your state's economy. Glad there are other classy posters on this board.

CORNholio
12/31/2006, 06:00 AM
OUsoonerInSandiego---does your cat have a drinking problem?

CORNholio
12/31/2006, 06:01 AM
You should give him beer instead. Its better for his liver.

OUFAN29
12/31/2006, 11:19 AM
OUsoonerInSandiego---does your cat have a drinking problem?

He eats a steady diet of cotton tails and protects my GJ with his life. Have him trained well.

Flagstaffsooner
12/31/2006, 11:22 AM
12. ESPN

soonersweetie
12/31/2006, 11:53 AM
Hey I agree with OU Sooner in San Diego and might I add not just because I happen to be married to him....

I was born and raised in OK, and moved to CA in 1990. Yes, for the most part there are some real a*holes in CA. I point them out every day. However, to say that "everyone" in CA is rude and unfriendly, etc is wrong and incorrect. Most of the people (meaning specifically, not the ones who live in the likes of Beverly Hills and snobby La Jolla, etc) work hard, try to do the right thing every day and are genuinely nice people. As a nation we tend to generalize everything and everyone and lump everyone in the same category. Every place (state, school, etc) has their resident idiots who stink it up for the rest of everyone else and give them a bad name. Please do not generalize, everyone also thinks people who live in OK still live in teepees. I have to correct them on a daily basis that this is not so. They also think we are uneducated. Please do not give them more fuel for the fire.

soonerhubs
12/31/2006, 12:46 PM
Any place that has Disneyland can't be that bad. I'm excited to go to California in 3 weeks to spend some time in Anehiem. I tend to get more specific with my hostility. I can't stand Pete Carrol, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Dwayne Jarret, Gordon Reiese, and any other money mongering cheater that appear 100% immune to the NCAA rules and regulations.