PDA

View Full Version : Moose's season is over

Rhino
12/29/2006, 05:21 PM
:(

Fri December 29, 2006
OU's Keith Clark out for season (http://www.newsok.com/article/2992409)

From staff reports

Oklahoma freshman Keith Clark will miss the remainder of the 2006-07 basketball season after an MRI test today revealed torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his right knee.

Clark sustained the injury in the first half of last night's 69-42 win over SMU in Norman.

Clark, a 6 -foot- 8, 245-pound forward, has played in all 11 of OU's games this year, averaging 3.8 points and 2.3 rebounds in 12.2 minutes a contest. He shot .424 from the field and was 5-for-16 from 3-point range (.313). He made four of his first eight 3-point attempts on the season.

"This is a huge blow to our team," said OU head coach Jeff Capel. "First of all, it's a big blow to Keith. He was just starting to play really well. I thought he had his best game of the year against Tulsa (Dec. 21) and played very well last night against SMU before he got hurt. He was making the jump to becoming a good college basketball player and I hate to see this happen to him."

Added Capel, "Keith's injury will give other players on our team an opportunity to step up and I'm sure they're looking forward to that challenge."

Clark led Putnam City High School to the 2006 Class 6A state title.

Jeopardude
12/29/2006, 05:28 PM
:mad:

When it rains, it pours.

OUSKINS
12/29/2006, 05:30 PM
Oh. man. That's a real blow. Clark wasn't making any major contributions yet, and may not have all year, but this was a valuable season for him in terms of getting experience. And he certainly did at least add the threat of having another guy with size on the floor. I feel bad for the kid. Is there a way he can medical redshirt seeing it happened so early in the season?

This is a big test for Capel. It's not the pros where you can go out and sign a free agent to help the roster. He's got to replace Clark's minutes with what he has on the roster.

What I'd like to see?

No sense in trying to get a little guy to play a big man's role-- instead, I'd like to see Capel just go ultra-small on teams, maybe some three-guard stuff. I'd like to see him put AJ, Crocker, and Maze on the floor together.

But either way, this is a blow, mainly for Clark. But at least this happened early enough in his career where he can hopefully make a full comeback if he works his butt off.

Rhino
12/29/2006, 05:37 PM
Moose has played in 11 games this year. You have to play in less than 20% of the season's games to get a medical redshirt, so he doesn't qualify.

From SoonerSports.com (http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=735466):

Clark will begin rehabilitation in preparation for surgery, which will occur within the next 10-14 days. His recovery is expected to take four to six months.

william_brasky
12/29/2006, 05:40 PM
that sucks

Boomer.....
12/29/2006, 06:04 PM
Man that sucks!

King Crimson
12/29/2006, 06:17 PM
hang in there Moose. somebody give him JW's phone number.

Ash
12/29/2006, 06:29 PM
wow. That's too bad. Here's for a speedy recovery and hope and that he can come back strong.

Newbomb Turk
12/29/2006, 07:36 PM
hope it's not the same "sprain" that Jason White had.

well crap - when I posted this in the game thread, I was sort of kidding about how Stoops said JW just had a sprain.

here's hoping the best for the young man.

RacerX
12/29/2006, 10:08 PM
Heal well Keith.

IronHorseSooner
12/30/2006, 03:04 PM
Can he get a redshirt for this year? If he can, that would be great considering the four coming in next year. Moose plus those four could be a great starting five for years to come!

Rhino
12/30/2006, 05:30 PM
Can he get a redshirt for this year? If he can, that would be great considering the four coming in next year. Moose plus those four could be a great starting five for years to come! Post #4:

Moose has played in 11 games this year. You have to play in less than 20% of the season's games to get a medical redshirt, so he doesn't qualify.

NormanPride
12/31/2006, 11:04 AM
Keep your chin up, Moose! It was really fun watching you play this year, and we all can't wait to see what you can do!

TopDawg
12/31/2006, 01:04 PM
That sucks.

OUmillenium
1/3/2007, 11:03 AM
I missed this info the other day. Wondered why he wasn't in v. Bama. Prayers for Keith. Good luck Sooners we need it!

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/5/2007, 08:05 AM
Dang.