PDA

View Full Version : I-40 is closed...

bluesmagoo
12/29/2006, 04:10 PM
from Amarillo through Albuquerque. Best go the southern route to Phoenix.
This is supposed to last through tommorow. It is snowing like hell here in Albuquerque. Boomer Sooner.

Rondo
12/29/2006, 04:48 PM
Yes, I have family trying to come east on I-40 today, they had to detour way south.

85sooners
12/29/2006, 06:00 PM
:eek:

Sooner_Bob
12/29/2006, 06:24 PM
I'm so glad we don't have to do that drive anymore.

TopDaugIn2000
12/29/2006, 08:45 PM
yup, my uncle was driving back from Vegas and had to detour

winnard
12/29/2006, 09:27 PM
:eek:

and....I'm driving to Denver, Monday morning. It's been nice knowing ya'll.

winnard

sooner518
12/29/2006, 10:24 PM
and....I'm driving to Denver, Monday morning. It's been nice knowing ya'll.

winnard
i think that by Monday youll be fine. Theyre usually pretty good about plowing the interstates. The main roads in Denver are fine right now. The neighborhoods suck though

aurorasooner
12/29/2006, 11:02 PM
The neighborhoods suck though imo, the neighborhoods are better now than they were before the storm. I know the denver mayor came out and said they were going to plow the neighborhoods but if it's anything like the city of aurora's spew, it's a bunch of press BS. driving wednesday & thursday was like 4-wheeling or skiing down the bumps at mary jane . I'd rather drive on the snow, than all those foot-high ice moguls. they've got to get the plows out and push the snow off the middle of the streets before it starts melting and re-freezing underneath. I haven't seen a plow on any of our neighborhood streets all freakin' week. if we get a warm spell for a couple of weeks, they're going to lose some VWs in the potholes.

OU James
12/29/2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I plan on flying into D-town on Tuesday from PHX, so as long as we can make this the last blizzard for a week or so I'll be cool.

afs
12/29/2006, 11:19 PM
test

sooner518
12/29/2006, 11:27 PM
imo, the neighborhoods are better now than they were before the storm. I know the denver mayor came out and said they were going to plow the neighborhoods but if it's anything like the city of aurora's spew, it's a bunch of press BS. driving wednesday & thursday was like 4-wheeling or skiing down the bumps at mary jane . I'd rather drive on the snow, than all those foot-high ice moguls. they've got to get the plows out and push the snow off the middle of the streets before it starts melting and re-freezing underneath. I haven't seen a plow on any of our neighborhood streets all freakin' week. if we get a warm spell for a couple of weeks, they're going to lose some VWs in the potholes.
thats why you dont live in Aurora. ;)

Im in Capitol Hill and theyre much worse today than they were 2 days ago