PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Ralphie's mom was a prophet after all.

LoyalFan
12/29/2006, 09:44 AM
This is BAD! A one in a million chance, especially with a Red Ryder, but it happened, sad to say.
Prayers please.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/12/29/29deadkid.html

And, I'm pizzed at the wording in the URL..."Deadkid"??? For God's sake! Well, it IS AustinK.

LoyalFan

fadada1
12/29/2006, 10:08 AM
my dad always had a good way of expressing the responsibility of using a gun, ANY gun.

"whenever you pick up a gun, you should come to the realization that you might die. if you're willing to accept that fact, then you understand the resposibility of using a firearm."

unfortunately, things like this will continue to happen.

Sooner_Havok
12/29/2006, 10:14 AM
My dad's was:

"Don't point any gun at anything that you don't want to kill."

Sad thing to happen anytime, but I am sure it hurts that much more being this time of year

C&CDean
12/29/2006, 10:16 AM
I bet the gun that caused the injury wasn't the Red Ryder.

We used to have BB gun wars all the time. I've been shot with BB's probably 100+ times. Got hit in the eyelid once, but it was from about 20 feet so it didn't penetrate. Those Red Ryders were so weak you could actually see the BB flying.

The only time I remember full penetration was when my brother shot a neighbor kid with a single-shot pump up .17 caliber pellet rifle. One of those ones that can kill a squirrell/rabbit. The kid had ran around behind the bushes we were hiding behind and started cocking and firing with his POS BB gun at point blank range. My brother gets ****ed, and starts pumping up the pellet gun. The neighbor gets off a couple more shots to the back of my brothers head, then takes off running. My brother pumped it till he couldn't pump any more, and takes off after the kid. I run in front of the kid to corral him back, and he ducks between two fences, crouches down, and starts laughing. I point to the spot he was hiding, and my brother runs by, sticks the barrell in, fires, and keeps on running. We heard this high-pitched squeal, and the kid comes flopping out spazzing all over the ground. Looked like a trout when you throw them up on the bank.

The pellet entered his cheek right at the corner of the mouth, and penetrated into his inner ear. Blood is coming out of his ear and mouth and he's totally flopping around (must have been due to his ear getting all jacked up). So we do what all kids do. We ran.

When it all came out in the wash, my dad used that pellet gun as a paddle; holding it by the barrell, and beat me and my brother damn near to death.

The kid was fine after surgery, but he never wanted to play BB gun war again.

The End.

NormanPride
12/29/2006, 10:29 AM
I never want a kid like Dean.

soonerboomer93
12/29/2006, 10:31 AM
I still have a scar from being shot by one of those pump up bb guns.

SoonerJack
12/29/2006, 11:09 AM
I and my fellow rocket scientist friend, Shawn, shot the rear window out of my mom's station wagon with my Crossman 760 Powermaster...accidentally. We were on my front porch. Script follows:

Sean: I wonder if your bb-gun will shoot through my jeans.
Me: We'll prolly have to pump it like 10 times, but it might go through.
Sean: Let's do it. These are old jeans anyway.

[insert clip showing loading/pumping sequence; cut to scene showing me holding the barrel right up against a doubled-layer of denim...with my mom's station wagon in the driveway, directly in the line of fire; cut to me pulling the trigger]

Boom...seriously, it was a boom. Like a bass drum. We could not figure out where the noise came from. Surely not his jeans. I mean, we could see the hole, but no reason for a boom. Then we heard this crackling sound. Then we looked up and noticed that my mom's rear window was all....segmented, as though some artist had ...segmented it with...a bbgun.

Of course we lied and told mom that the bb had ricocheted (sp) off the plastic milk jug we were shooting at with sufficient force to break her window.

And somehow in my 8th-grade, rocket scientist mind, I thought she believed us. As she looks down on me fron heaven, I know she did not believe us. [shakes head] Sorry, Mom.:(

PhilTLL
12/29/2006, 04:12 PM
This is BAD! A one in a million chance, especially with a Red Ryder, but it happened, sad to say.
Prayers please.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/12/29/29deadkid.html

And, I'm pizzed at the wording in the URL..."Deadkid"??? For God's sake! Well, it IS AustinK.

LoyalFan

Is he a dead kid or not? What would have sounded better, "guntragedy.php"? or "pelletsgonewrong.ssl"? or "deadyoungman.html"? In URLs I'd choose efficiency and variety over good taste, too. It's a freakin' URL.