PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Aggie Lite...

jwlynn64
12/29/2006, 08:07 AM
for being able to score more than 10 points. Maybe the "experts" are right and the Big XII does suck. KSU and aTm don't even put up a fight in their games!:mad:

OUAndy1807
12/29/2006, 09:19 AM
to be fair, the 4th best team in the big 12 south was playing the Pac10 co-champs.

Taxman71
12/29/2006, 09:24 AM
And a bottom feeding Big 12 school played the Rocky Balboa runnerup of the Big East who was fighting for a BCS bowl barely a month ago.

aero
12/29/2006, 09:31 AM
All 3 games played out as one would have expected. OSU almost choked, which is their nature, but pulled out a win as they should have. They other 2 games would have definitely been upsets had those not-so-good B12 teams had nutted up and overachieved.

Sooner_Havok
12/29/2006, 09:42 AM
Eh. I still like Mizzou, saxeT and Sand Aggie to win their bowl games. Cornholes may just win theirs too. That game will come down to which coach can out retard the other, and I really think that Tubbyville has the edge in a who can out retard who fight. Oh, and I here there is a Big XII team playing out in Glendale on the first. I bet that team wll hand some waco team their *** on a silver platter :D

stoopified
12/29/2006, 09:49 AM
Eh. I still like Mizzou, saxeT and Sand Aggie to win their bowl games. Cornholes may just win theirs too. That game will come down to which coach can out retard the other, and I really think that Tubbyville has the edge in a who can out retard who fight. Oh, and I here there is a Big XII team playing out in Glendale on the first. I bet that team wll hand some waco team their *** on a silver platter :D:D

zeke
12/29/2006, 10:07 AM
I would have liked to see all of the Big 12 teams win. But with aTm's cocky QB and Franny the loss is not all bad.

jwlynn64
12/29/2006, 10:08 AM
So much for the bold talk yesterday of the Big XII basically winning the Conference Champions Cup after yesterday's games! :eek:

Let's hope we get some better play from the rest of our conference.

If the Maverick's had lost also, I might have had to affixiate myself! ;)

jwlynn64
12/29/2006, 10:15 AM
I would have liked to see all of the Big 12 teams win. But with aTm's cocky QB and Franny the loss is not all bad.

I thought the same thing about aTm's QB when he got smacked in the face and he jumped up like he was going to kick some ***! I saw Goodson do the same thing later in the game and thought "Fran, you better get a handle on your kids behavior."

I also thought that Cal got away with a couple of hits out of bounds early in the game that might have helped aTm when the game wasn't so one sided. By the way, Goodson looked pretty good, even with the terrible blocking.

I was also impressed with J. Lane on the third down and two play where he was hit in the backfield and muscled his way through about 5 tacklers to make the first down. No help from his line but he willed his way to the sticks.

Sooner_Havok
12/29/2006, 10:17 AM
I was also impressed with J. Lane on the third down and two play where he was hit in the backfield and muscled his way through about 5 tacklers to make the first down. No help from his line but he willed his way to the sticks.

I think that was their full back, not sure though

Fugue
12/29/2006, 10:19 AM

I was for aTm but it was sure nice to see the cocky qb get woodsheded by # 10 on that scramble.

jwlynn64
12/29/2006, 10:26 AM
I think that was their full back, not sure though

I'm positive it was the J-Train. They initially had Goodson in the backfield and I thought that it was stupid for them to have pulled Lane out on this short yardage situation.

I guess that since Lane ran the ball on second down and he is so overweight, they think that he can't go two plays in a row.

So aTm calls a timeout and when they came back onto the field Lane was in the backfield. To his credit, he muscled up and got the first down.

badger
12/29/2006, 10:32 AM
I liked how J-Train (woo woo!) ran toward the first down, but then decided to turn left to avoid tacklers and not get the first down. Punt! Well, you can't blame him. Trains have to follow the tracks, or they get derailed. Maybe there was a twinkie on the sidelines :D

Sooner_Havok
12/29/2006, 10:40 AM
I'm positive it was the J-Train. They initially had Goodson in the backfield and I thought that it was stupid for them to have pulled Lane out on this short yardage situation.

I guess that since Lane ran the ball on second down and he is so overweight, they think that he can't go two plays in a row.

So aTm calls a timeout and when they came back onto the field Lane was in the backfield. To his credit, he muscled up and got the first down.

I think this is the drive you are talking about

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/havok0283/untitled.jpg

jwlynn64
12/29/2006, 11:02 AM
I stand corrected and take back my praise of the J-Train.

Texas Golfer
12/29/2006, 11:05 AM

During the bowl season, I try to put distaste for the opposing conference teams aside I really wanted the Aggies to win that one last night because I'm tired of hearing about how weak the Big XII teams are and how great the Pac-10 is.

The weekend that the Pac-10 refs beat OU and Baylor, two other Big XII teams played Pac-10 teams. That weekend the Pac-10 homers were bragging about going 4-0 against us. And, now, they can claim 5-0 against us this season. I hate it! It's hard to dispute those who claim Pac-10 superiority with those stats.

StoopTroup
12/29/2006, 11:06 AM
Cal showed up...

aTm was out played.

Embarrassing loss IMO.

When Cal starts knocking off everyone in their Conf. I'll believe the are Champions of something.

TexasLidig8r
12/29/2006, 11:25 AM
After the aggy game on T-1, there were many, many aggy calling Colt "Cart McCry".... using pictures of him being taken off the field as their computer wallpaper... outwardly expressing great glee in his injury... jumping right back on Franocchio's bandwagon.. saying how they would dominate the Big XII for years to come...

Last night was a belated Christmas present from the football gods.

aggy got a healthy dose of reality last night. Enjoy the off season and revel in the fact that Coach Franocchio has now lead aggy to their two worst bowl losses in school history.. by a combined score of......

93 - 17 !!!!!!!

Having said that, hopefully, the Goodson kid's injury is not as bad as feared.. he looks like a player.

OUAndy1807
12/29/2006, 11:27 AM
When Cal starts knocking off everyone in their Conf. I'll believe the are Champions of something.
do you feel the same way about OU?

Ash
12/29/2006, 12:21 PM
I liked how J-Train (woo woo!) ran toward the first down, but then decided to turn left to avoid tacklers and not get the first down. Punt! Well, you can't blame him. Trains have to follow the tracks, or they get derailed. Maybe there was a twinkie on the sidelines :D

Hahahaha! That was classic. Herbie and Fowler then proceeded to give Japorkie hell about that little move, twinkies, etc., good stuff.

The frequent close-ups of Japorkie's gut while they talked smack were also good for a chuckle.

OUstud
12/29/2006, 12:41 PM
Eh. I still like Mizzou, saxeT and Sand Aggie to win their bowl games. Cornholes may just win theirs too. That game will come down to which coach can out retard the other, and I really think that Tubbyville has the edge in a who can out retard who fight. Oh, and I here there is a Big XII team playing out in Glendale on the first. I bet that team wll hand some waco team their *** on a silver platter :D

Nah, Cally out-retards everyone. (even Mike Gundy) :D

Desert Sapper
12/29/2006, 12:56 PM
...for keeping the SEC Rah Rah f***tards at bay. Anybody that has lived in the deep south knows what I'm talking about. Not even the Big 11 jerkoffs are as annoying as those that pray to the SEC gods and think the SEC is the greatest football conference evar. Thanks, pokes. At least now I don't have to hear:

[SEC-lovin' dumb@$$]'By gawd, boys, the SEC's gon' go undefeated in the bowls! Best dadburned conference in the whole dadburned country, I reckon. Hooboy! What's that conference OU's in, man? Oh, the weak Twayulve. Raht, raht. Yuk, yuk, yuk.'[/SEC-lovin' dumb@$$]

OUinFLA
12/29/2006, 01:13 PM
...for keeping the SEC Rah Rah f***tards at bay. Anybody that has lived in the deep south knows what I'm talking about. Not even the Big 11 jerkoffs are as annoying as those that pray to the SEC gods and think the SEC is the greatest football conference evar. Thanks, pokes. At least now I don't have to hear:

[SEC-lovin' dumb@$$]'By gawd, boys, the SEC's gon' go undefeated in the bowls! Best dadburned conference in the whole dadburned country, I reckon. Hooboy! What's that conference OU's in, man? Oh, the weak Twayulve. Raht, raht. Yuk, yuk, yuk.'[/SEC-lovin' dumb@$$]

this is true

my fav Jtrain snide comment was a gut shot and the comment..."Want another donut?"

King Crimson
12/29/2006, 01:31 PM
i believe the Big XII is currently winless (0-11) against OOC teams currently ranked.

that said, i have a few rules about betting: one of them is to never bet for or against a Gary Pinkel team.

NormanPride
12/29/2006, 01:37 PM
do you feel the same way about OU?

To be fair, we did beat the North Representative in the Championship game.

OUAndy1807
12/29/2006, 01:54 PM
yeah, but we didn't beat everyone in our conference.

tpatton
12/29/2006, 02:03 PM
Man, that game was hard to watch...Franny may be in trouble if he doesn't put up a better fight than that.

OUAndy1807
12/29/2006, 02:08 PM
you guys are missing one fact:

CAL IS A MUCH BETTER TEAM THAN A&M.

Boarder
12/29/2006, 02:17 PM
That may be, but aTm has Jafatski Lane. HE'S UNTACKLEABLE! DON'T YOU LISTEN?

If aTm could have played more than one drive they may have been able to pull it out, but at the end of the game, it was blatantly obvious who was better.

And, what was up with Cal running the score up? I mean, come on! How dare some team run the score up on aTm, who is the most patriotic team in the USA! That's like burning the flag! Seriously, anyone scoring a bunch of points on a helpless aTm team, well that's just ridiculous. Crazy ridiculous I tell you.

soonerspudman
12/29/2006, 05:04 PM
Really thought that if Cal won it would be from more finess like you see Pac-10 teams try to do. Sad truth was that Cal manhandled A&M upfront on offense and pounded the crap out of them on defense. On many plays Cal's O-line pushed out 5-7 yards. Ugly to admit that a good B-12 south team took a physical beat-down from the west-coasters. A&M needs to do some soul searching...

kevpks
12/29/2006, 05:19 PM
Who the heck is Tony Temple for Mizzou? Did he play against OU? If I remember correctly they had about two yards rushing against the Sooners. Oregon State is making Tony Temple look like Jim Brown.

Oh and BTW, wasn't Oregon State the signature win for BSU this year?

soonermeteor
12/30/2006, 03:59 AM
Who the heck is Tony Temple for Mizzou? Did he play against OU? If I remember correctly they had about two yards rushing against the Sooners. Oregon State is making Tony Temple look like Jim Brown.

Oh and BTW, wasn't Oregon State the signature win for BSU this year?

Yes, and because they beat USC that means BSuckU is better than USC...:rolleyes:

Texas Golfer
12/30/2006, 10:54 AM
With the help of their officials, the Pac-10 is 6-0 against the Big XII this season. And during this bowl season, the Pac-10 was 0-3 against the "weaker" conferences and, since then, they've won two bowl games, both against the Big XII. This doesn't look good for our conference.

But our two wins thus far are against, supposedly the two best conferences (SEC and Big 10).

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/30/2006, 11:28 AM
you guys are missing one fact:

CAL IS A MUCH BETTER TEAM THAN A&M.The talent at Cal is overall better than aTm, and Tedford is a da*n good coach. Fran is still a big question mark, IMO.