PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problems

setem
12/29/2006, 12:36 AM
I have been sick for the last couple of days, that alone has made it hard to catch some shut eye.

I am starting think I cant fall asleep if I am laying down. I have never been able to sleep well laying on my back. But when I slee with my face in the pillow I have started doing something that I cant understand. When I lay still on my belly it is almost like I am running out of air and I catch myself, inturn keeping myself from sleeping. I have had sleep apnea for a good while just so you know, but that is new for me. I have been told I talk like a crazy person while I sleep and I have been known to sleep walk.

The only way I have been getting any significant amount of sleep is by sitting my my wing back chair by my computer and laying my head on the side of the head rest.

Any thoughts?:confused:

BajaOklahoma
12/29/2006, 12:55 AM
Not enough info.
What do you mean you've been sick? Stomach, respiratory....? What are you doing for it?
What did they do/recommend for your sleep apnea? Did you do it?

Mjcpr
12/29/2006, 12:56 AM
Is it bigger than a bread box?

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2006, 12:57 AM
2 shots of Vodka with a NyQuil chaser.
YWIA

setem
12/29/2006, 01:03 AM
I have a pretty bad cold. Caugh drops, run of the mill cold meds and yes I DID DID IT SEE!!! YOU GOT ME COPPA! MYEAH SEE!!

Sleep Apnea is self diagnosed. I stop breathing when I sleep and I snor like a son of a bitch. I need to get it checked out.

I had some OJ. I am not gonna lie...I hit the screw drivers!

Frozen Sooner
12/29/2006, 01:09 AM
Alcohol on top of sleep apnea is kind of a bad decision.

OCUDad
12/29/2006, 01:29 AM
See a doctor. Get him/her to prescribe a CPAP machine. Sleep apnea, if that's what you actually have, is not to be trifled with.

GottaHavePride
12/29/2006, 01:29 AM
Sleep Apnea is self diagnosed. I stop breathing when I sleep and I snor like a son of a bitch. I need to get it checked out.

There's your problem. If you really have it, they have devices that will fix your problem. And since sleep apnea is that you stop breathing while you're asleep and wake yourself up, it sounds like you have it and need to see a doctor about it to get it controlled. Sounds like whatever illness you have (which you should probably ALSO see a doctor about) is making the sleep apnea worse.

proud gonzo
12/29/2006, 02:29 AM
yeah, that's not something you should ignore. you ought to be talking to your doctor instead of us yahoos.

BajaOklahoma
12/29/2006, 08:21 AM
setem, you need to see a doctor for the current upper respiratory issues. Most likely you will get what everyone else is getting - antibiotics and a prescription decongestant. And drink lots of water.

While you are there, talk to the doctor about the ongoing sleep problem and say that you want to get it checked out. He can hook you up with one of the doctors at the sleep study centers. You meet the doctor, get a regular exam and then schedule you night at the center. A couple of weeks later, you go back for the results and recommendation. Well worth it.

OUDoc
12/29/2006, 09:28 AM
setem, you need to see a doctor for the current upper respiratory issues. Most likely you will get what everyone else is getting - antibiotics and a prescription decongestant. And drink lots of water.

While you are there, talk to the doctor about the ongoing sleep problem and say that you want to get it checked out. He can hook you up with one of the doctors at the sleep study centers. You meet the doctor, get a regular exam and then schedule you night at the center. A couple of weeks later, you go back for the results and recommendation. Well worth it.
**** yeah! ;)