PDA

View Full Version : OU-SMU

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:16 PM
wow! Sooners with the hot hand from beyond the arc, and some nice movement/penetration on O. 11-5 Sooners.

that baseline camera O-Zone uses is awful.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:21 PM
Crocker playing a helluva game.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:23 PM
ATM beat grambling 101-27. ouch.

william_brasky
12/28/2006, 08:25 PM
what's the score on the game?

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:26 PM
20-12.

Sooners have a possession iwth two shots that fail to draw iron

SMU hits a 3

Longar just missed a gimme dunk.

SMU hit a deuce.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:32 PM
20-15

8 straight points for SMU.

Newbomb Turk
12/28/2006, 08:32 PM
ATM beat grambling 101-27. ouch.

that's a serious spanking.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:45 PM
Sooners missing easy shots.

oumartin
12/28/2006, 08:46 PM
What? the ghost of Calvin Simpson !!!!

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:48 PM
man, rims are tight for the good guys.

3 in and out for Neal

26-18

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:49 PM
What? the ghost of Calvin Simpson !!!!

SMU did go zone and we went about 5 minutes without a hoop....unpleasantly familiar..:mad: :D

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:54 PM
Crocker and Maze with jumpers

33-22 Sooners

halftime.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 08:56 PM
Crocker has looked great, smooth.

setem
12/28/2006, 09:12 PM
Griffin is laying the hamer down blocking eh?

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:14 PM
o my god. a backdoor layup by the Sooners.

yeah, Grif got WAY UP on the block he had in the first couple minutes.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:16 PM
refs calling alot of touch fouls.

AJ is playing really well too.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:20 PM
40-27 Sooners

15:35

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:26 PM
Sooners need to keep scoring....because i have a feeling SMU is going to spend the last 8 minutes shooting FT's.

SMU getting way too many second shot clocks on possessions.....but we're playing pretty well.

panhandlesooner
12/28/2006, 09:28 PM
king- thanks for the updates can't get the game where I am...

oumartin
12/28/2006, 09:32 PM
internet.

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2006, 09:33 PM
Shoot. I need to get on O-Zone.

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.reachingmore.com/kkgm.HTM

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:41 PM
this is the best i've seen us play this year, Sooners up 20.

UNLV up on Tech 27-17 before the half

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 09:43 PM
60-36 good guys, we look... good? Yeah...

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:46 PM
60-36

how about the UNC-Duke subtext here? Capel and Dougherty....some backstory trivial intrigue.

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 09:46 PM
We want Moose!

64 - 36

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 09:49 PM
Longar needs to finish better. Two good looks wasted.

64-38

EDIT: At least his FT shooting is good today (as I type this he misses one)

King Crimson
12/28/2006, 09:50 PM
Griffin with another massive swat. oh man!

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 09:53 PM
Lil needs to kick Capel in the shins. Moose is nowhere to be seen!

Shaggy seems to be shooting free throws. :eek:

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2006, 09:54 PM
On the bright side, when a kid gets in Capel's doghouse there's at least a door.

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 09:58 PM
Good win! 69-42.

Rhino
12/28/2006, 10:19 PM
Moose is hurt, not in the doghouse.

william_brasky
12/28/2006, 10:24 PM
Nice win.

oumartin
12/28/2006, 10:58 PM
so, wheres the video of griffin's block that made espn earlier this week

OUSKINS
12/28/2006, 10:58 PM
Thoughts From the Game:

--Tony Crocker is the best player on the team, period. L2 may still be the most IMPORTANT player because of our lack of size, but Crocker is the most skilled player on the roster. He has been a HUGE surprise to me. He's a gifted athlete who also has good basketball skills. He's long, he can shoot, he can drive, and he plays the passing lanes real well. I'd like to see him hit the boards a bit more and maybe add some weight, but so far, he is off to a super start at OU.

--Clark's injury looked pretty bad when it happened. We could hear him yelling in section N5. He came back after the half w/ a brace and a big limp, but then I didn't see him on the bench anymore. Can't afford to lose any size to injury-- hopefully it's not a major deal.

--Nate Carter seems afraid to shoot for some reason. He hesitates every time he touches the ball.

--Sounds like Maze may be a pain in Capel's side, but the kid makes us a better team, no doubt. He is incredibly fast off the dribble, and he also has a decent stroke. Capel needs to pair him up with Crocker more.

--When it's all said and done, Longar is going to go down as a really good four-year player in OU history-- as odd as that may sound. Tremendous improvement from last year. Gotta give the staff props for his development.

This was easily the best game we've played thus far. SMU was 9-1 and we just ate them alive. Our defense is beyond impressive at this point-- I've never seen so many blocked jump shots-- and this coming from a team with virtually no size outside of L2. Capel has this group playing very well, and more importantly, they seem to get a tad better with each game.

Alabama will most likely give us a whoopin' on Monday, as we still can't really compete with superior teams on the road. But my expectations for this season are slowly changing.

Very nice win tonight. Solid crowd by the way. I think Capel has the right stuff.

oumartin
12/28/2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.mattscdsingles.com/acatalog/7922%20new.jpg

OUstud
12/28/2006, 11:12 PM
Good crowd tonight. I continue to be disappointed in Nate Carter. I expected better from him ever since I heard he was the reason Brandon Rush didn't come to OU because he schooled him in 1 on 1.

Frozen Sooner
12/29/2006, 02:03 AM

Yeah, I didn't realize that until later. Didn't see it happen and inferred from comments that he was a DNP (CD).

Hope he's OK.

birddog
12/29/2006, 02:18 AM
Thoughts From the Game:

--Tony Crocker is the best player on the team, period. L2 may still be the most IMPORTANT player because of our lack of size, but Crocker is the most skilled player on the roster. He has been a HUGE surprise to me. He's a gifted athlete who also has good basketball skills. He's long, he can shoot, he can drive, and he plays the passing lanes real well. I'd like to see him hit the boards a bit more and maybe add some weight, but so far, he is off to a super start at OU.

--Clark's injury looked pretty bad when it happened. We could hear him yelling in section N5. He came back after the half w/ a brace and a big limp, but then I didn't see him on the bench anymore. Can't afford to lose any size to injury-- hopefully it's not a major deal.

--Nate Carter seems afraid to shoot for some reason. He hesitates every time he touches the ball.

--Sounds like Maze may be a pain in Capel's side, but the kid makes us a better team, no doubt. He is incredibly fast off the dribble, and he also has a decent stroke. Capel needs to pair him up with Crocker more.

--When it's all said and done, Longar is going to go down as a really good four-year player in OU history-- as odd as that may sound. Tremendous improvement from last year. Gotta give the staff props for his development.

This was easily the best game we've played thus far. SMU was 9-1 and we just ate them alive. Our defense is beyond impressive at this point-- I've never seen so many blocked jump shots-- and this coming from a team with virtually no size outside of L2. Capel has this group playing very well, and more importantly, they seem to get a tad better with each game.

Alabama will most likely give us a whoopin' on Monday, as we still can't really compete with superior teams on the road. But my expectations for this season are slowly changing.

Very nice win tonight. Solid crowd by the way. I think Capel has the right stuff.

great post. what do you mean about maze being a pain in capel's side? what have you heard?

OUSKINS
12/29/2006, 09:06 AM
The Maze comment was based 100% on what I've read on this board-- I have no "inside info" or anything like that. Also, Maze got a DNP against Tulsa, which seemed odd especially considering we had some offensive struggles that day.

Taxman71
12/29/2006, 09:30 AM
Maze and Crocker are our future and probably the our 2 best players on the team come March. Maze is built like Iverson and very quick. Crocker is just an all-around player that does everything well and has the best basketball instincts on the team. The future is bright under Capel.

colleyvillesooner
12/29/2006, 10:02 AM

:les: HIPA!!

;)

NormanPride
12/29/2006, 10:13 AM
Sorry to hear about Moose... :( I hope the kid heals quickly!

This game was fun to watch, even though we didn't hit 70. I enjoyed the different looks we gave on D, and the different things we did on O. I'm surprised at how versatile this team is on offense considering the lack of size. Though, that may be to our advantage as we can disguise what we want to do with our personnel. Longar needs to do that football pads drill that pokey state did a couple years back.

King Crimson
12/29/2006, 11:14 AM
I thought this was the best game by far we've played (that i've seen) in terms of getting dribble penetration from AJ (and Maze showed some moves--though is still a little out of control due to inexperience). obviously, when the D has to break down to stop penetration.....good things happen. SMU's zone did cause us some problems which will likely be a familiar story in conference play.

in a nutshell, it looked like the "motion" part of the motion offense looked pretty sharp at times.

Rhino
12/29/2006, 11:30 AM
Looks like an MCL sprain for Moose.

They're going to check it again after the swelling goes down.

Newbomb Turk
12/29/2006, 11:50 AM
Looks like an MCL sprain for Moose.

They're going to check it again after the swelling goes down.

hope it's not the same "sprain" that Jason White had.

LilSooner
12/29/2006, 01:56 PM
MCL's and are way more painful than a silly ole acl tear.

OUmillenium
12/29/2006, 05:27 PM
Thoughts From the Game:

Thanks for the summary, I missed the game and this is the kind of info I needed.