PDA

View Full Version : Bama, Do the Right Thing....

AllAboutThe'O'
12/28/2006, 08:13 PM
and make Joe Kines the permanent head coach. That's the best performance I've seen from the Tide all year, ironically even in a loss. I've been a Joe Kines fan ever since he was Arkansas' interim coach back in 1992. In retrospect, the Hogs flubbed by bypassing Kines in favor of Danny Ford and I fear Bama may be making the same mistake. Stop all this courting of Nick Saban and who knows who else and give it to Kines.

OklahomaTuba
12/28/2006, 09:25 PM
Amen.

If this was OU in this situation, I would be 1000% behind JK.

royalfan5
12/28/2006, 09:27 PM
His half time interview ruled.

OUAndy1807
12/28/2006, 09:48 PM
, I would be 1000% behind JK.
impossible.

OklahomaTuba
12/28/2006, 09:49 PM
impossible.
Only mathematically.

Stitch Face
12/28/2006, 09:53 PM
Bama, do the right thing:

concede to a split title this year with OSU.

Rogue
12/28/2006, 09:54 PM
I thought for sure the gig was Rich Rodriguez's. After watching them play an inspired game tonight and never giving up, I think Kines could do the deed. Lots of folks seem to be forgetting that 'Bama is just now (since last year) feeling the sting of probation. Brodie Croyle helped take the edge off for a couple of years but even the mighty Tide were brought to their knees by probation. Losing schollys hurts and hurts bad. Shula was their Gary Gibbs and Boo. Now it's time for a guy that can recruit, hire assistants, and coach his *** off. Looks to me like Kines can do at least 2 of the 3 and this year's recruiting is almost doomed already.

Stitch Face
12/28/2006, 09:56 PM
Shula was their Gary Gibbs and Boo.

No no no. You can't have a twofer.

ahm21
12/28/2006, 11:26 PM
Kines quote after the game:

"I would give anything to be the head football coach at Alabama. But I have common sense and I know how things work, and I realize this isn't an election.

Ash
12/28/2006, 11:28 PM

:texan:

badger
12/28/2006, 11:28 PM
LOSING RECORD! FIRE THE INTERIM HEAD COACH! UNACCEPTABLE TO LOSE TO THE FOES IN ORANGE! DITCH THE MAN WHO LED YOU TO SUCH A DISPICABLE (three point) LOSS!

ROOOOOOOLLL OUT!

ahm21
12/28/2006, 11:30 PM
Its not as much the loss as the way the defense played. We saw today without Shula a team capable of scoring in the redzone. The defense didn't play up to par today and that led to the loss.

runtheoption22
12/28/2006, 11:34 PM
hey y'all....Alabama fan here. Not that it matters, but I'm a mod on Tidefans.com.

Kines would be a good choice if a couple of other options fall through. The majority of us appreciate what Kines has done for Bama. If the top options go, I'd be in favor of hiring Kines with a coordinator who could take over duties in a year or two.

This year was a good year to make a change in recruiting because we only had 13-15 scholarships to give. We only have lost one commitment so far. The other 12 commits have either reaffirmed or are in wait-and-see mode....which is all you can ask for.

Ash
12/28/2006, 11:38 PM
LOSING RECORD! FIRE THE INTERIM HEAD COACH! UNACCEPTABLE TO LOSE TO THE FOES IN ORANGE! DITCH THE MAN WHO LED YOU TO SUCH A DISPICABLE (three point) LOSS!

ROOOOOOOLLL OUT!

Hey, visiting Bama fans. Don't mind badger ^^^^

She's the resident Bama troll.

:eek:

runtheoption22
12/28/2006, 11:56 PM

you are confusing us with "that school down the road" (Awburn). They have to make up People's National Titles.

badger
12/28/2006, 11:59 PM
Hey, visiting Bama fans. Don't mind badger ^^^^

She's the resident Bama troll.

:eek:
yeah. bama troll :D

We'll have our 29th national championship after Nick Saban makes it public that he's coaching us. It's my fault we lost today--- I washed my lucky Bear Bryant hat in Downy instead of Tide this morning.
I'm sorry you lost, bama, but here's hoping that OU schedules another home and home with you soon.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2006, 12:02 AM
I say the should make the cookie monster permanent too. That guy cracked me up.

Readyfor8
12/29/2006, 04:18 AM
Do the right thing Bama and hire Coach Kragthorpe from Tulsa. If that guy gets Fran's job next year, it will spell doom for the Sooners... DOOM!!!