PDA

View Full Version : It's just not fair...

OUinFLA
12/28/2006, 06:43 PM
that I have to root for TWO AGGIES on the same day!
But, I am a Big XII homer and Im gonna do it. Ill probably take a couple of showers tonight just cause Im already feeling dirty.

I'd think that the schedulers could figure out that this isn't right and not put two aggie's bowl games on the same day. It's not like they don't have 63 bowl games to pick from or something.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

CtheB
12/28/2006, 06:49 PM
"two aggies bowl games in the same day..."

Wow. This is more infrequent than Haley's Comet.

sanantoniosooner
12/28/2006, 06:51 PM
"two aggies bowl games in the same day..."

Wow. This is more infrequent than Haley's Comet.
I would have went with "less frequent", but whatever. :D

TXBOOMER
12/28/2006, 06:51 PM
Root for the Big 12 all day long as long as your not rooting for the Whorns.
F texass!

Seamus
12/28/2006, 07:26 PM
I would have went with "less frequent", but whatever. :D

And I would have went with "I would have gone with," but whatever. :D

tigepilot
12/28/2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
I would have went with "less frequent", but whatever.

And I would have went with "I would have gone with," but whatever.

:D

sanantoniosooner
12/28/2006, 07:40 PM
:D
or :pop:

whatever.

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 07:41 PM
But, I am a Big XII homer and Im gonna do it.

Don't buy into the "We're all Big XII" argument. There's not an aggie (either) alive that'll be cheering for us.

sanantoniosooner
12/28/2006, 07:42 PM
Don't buy into the "We're all Big XII" argument. There's not an aggie (either) alive that'll be cheering for us.
I don't root for people based on who they root for.

I accept that I'm smarter than an aggie.

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 07:49 PM
...and that's suppose to mean?

:pop:

;)

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 07:50 PM
I cheer for the pukies to lose every time at everything. My only exception is when OU can gain from a LosuR win.

josh09
12/28/2006, 07:54 PM
But, I am a Big XII homer and Im gonna do it. Ill probably take a couple of showers tonight just cause Im already feeling dirty.

I'd think that the schedulers could figure out that this isn't right and not put two aggie's bowl games on the same day. It's not like they don't have 63 bowl games to pick from or something.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I feel your pain. :(

OUinFLA
12/28/2006, 07:57 PM
It appears aggie lite didnt get any midfield seats at the bowl game.

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2006, 08:13 PM
You don't have to root for Texas Aggie. Really...the world will keep spinning if you don't. You'll feel better about yourself.

OUinFLA
12/28/2006, 08:29 PM
You don't have to root for Texas Aggie. Really...the world will keep spinning if you don't. You'll feel better about yourself.
Being a Big XII supporter,
I'll even root for Baylor in their bow.....
Oh, Hey, I guess I dont have to!

Alum81
12/28/2006, 08:31 PM
Some of you, I don't get. Your hatred for anything NOT OU doesn't really make any intelligent sense and only furthers the illegitimate claim that our fans don't know much. I hope that EVERY Big XII team, including Texas, goes 11-1, as long as we are their one loss. If we're not 12-0, then that's our fault, nobody elses (except in the case of Oregon and TT officials). It ONLY makes us look better in the last poll, if all the other Big XII teams are very successful as well. That is why I will root for every other Big XII team to win their bowl game, and I could care less if their fans root for us, because their fans aren't used to finishing in the top 25, much less the top 5.

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 08:51 PM
Some of you, I don't get. Your hatred for anything NOT OU doesn't really make any intelligent sense and only furthers the illegitimate claim that our fans don't know much. I hope that EVERY Big XII team, including Texas, goes 11-1, as long as we are their one loss. If we're not 12-0, then that's our fault, nobody elses (except in the case of Oregon and TT officials). It ONLY makes us look better in the last poll, if all the other Big XII teams are very successful as well. That is why I will root for every other Big XII team to win their bowl game, and I could care less if their fans root for us, because their fans aren't used to finishing in the top 25, much less the top 5.

Dude, eat ****. I guess I don't know squat about OU football or football in general since I don't cheer for the aggies.:rolleyes: You of course are the all knowing, intelligent, kinder, gentler football fan who thinks a Losur win will help our chances in the top 5.

Alum81
12/28/2006, 08:55 PM
Dude, eat ****. I guess I don't know squat about OU football or football in general since I don't cheer for the aggies.:rolleyes: You of course are the all knowing, intelligent, kinder, gentler football fan who thinks a Losur win will help our chances in the top 5.

Just the kind of intelligent fan I was talking about. Hook, line and sinker.

Alum81
12/28/2006, 08:57 PM
I cheer for the pukies to lose every time at everything. My only exception is when OU can gain from a LosuR win.

Look at your own words. Every "LosuR" win besides against us, OU Gains, as long as we take care of our own business.

Proof again that post count and I.Q. are not to be equated.

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 09:02 PM
It's not worth it. Dumbass n00bs like this run amuck at this point of the season. Thank God he'll be gone in a few days. I'm sure you've got a vastly superior knowledge of football than I do, so I'll bow to your greatness.

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 09:04 PM
Look at your own words, dufus. Every "LosuR" win besides against us, OU Gains, as long as we take care of our own business.

Dufus? Wow, I was going to call you something much worse.

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 09:06 PM
Dang, he negged me. :(

OhU1
12/28/2006, 09:07 PM
I don't root for people based on who they root for.

I accept that I'm smarter than an aggie.

My position exactly.

I am in a house with literally 3 OSU Aggie grads tonight. I was watching the OSU/Bama game fired up yelling for OSU while they sat in various places in the house with ear plugs in playing with computer games not really paying attention to the game. What the hell? I said out loud more than once that I cared more about the OSU game then their own grads.

OUinFLA
12/28/2006, 09:16 PM
My position exactly.

I am in a house with literally 3 OSU Aggie grads tonight. I was watching the OSU/Bama game fired up yelling for OSU while they sat in various places in the house with ear plugs in playing with computer games not really paying attention to the game. What the hell? I said out loud more than once that I cared more about the OSU game then their own grads.

People actually graduate from there?
Imagine that.:confused:

Alum81
12/28/2006, 09:22 PM
It's not worth it. Dumbass n00bs like this run amuck at this point of the season. Thank God he'll be gone in a few days. I'm sure you've got a vastly superior knowledge of football than I do, so I'll bow to your greatness.

Priceless response from a superior post counter.

OhU1
12/28/2006, 09:22 PM
People actually graduate from there?
Imagine that.:confused:

Funny you say that, I reminded my sister that she was one of the OSU grads in the home. She corrected me that she was not an OSU grad - she went her first 2 years there and finished her nursing degree at OU. :D

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 09:28 PM
I'm glad I made you happy.

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2006, 09:32 PM
Just the kind of intelligent fan I was talking about. Hook, line and sinker.

Uh...on the subject of intelligent fans....

Is it possible for every team but OU to go 11-1 since every Big XII team plays each other in their division plus a few from the other?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Alum81
12/28/2006, 09:35 PM
I'm glad I made you happy.

I'm ecstatic! Having this much attention from a high post counter thrown my way? I just don't know what to do.

Now, that we've gotten that out of the way, can you move on?

Thanks,

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 09:38 PM
I'm ecstatic! Having this much attention from a high post counter thrown my way? I just don't know what to do.

Now, that we've gotten that out of the way, can you move on?

Thanks,

Heh, I think I rank about #5000 in post count. Thanks for noticin' though. Me move on? This is exactly what you need to get your post count up & get rid of some of that red. You're handin' it to me.

Alum81
12/28/2006, 09:52 PM
Uh...on the subject of intelligent fans....

Is it possible for every team but OU to go 11-1 since every Big XII team plays each other in their division plus a few from the other?

Inquiring minds want to know....

I know HYPERBOLE is probably a word they don't teach you at Baylor, so look it up here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Oh and your avatar is cute, in a child like way.

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2006, 09:56 PM
I know HYPERBOLE is probably a word they don't teach you at Baylor, so look it up here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Ohhh...avatar and vocabulary smack! The gloves must be coming off!

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2006, 09:58 PM
Did I ask you?

Was I talking to you?

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 10:00 PM

Again thanks. I made it for him. You're such a flatterer.

franklinjake
12/28/2006, 10:03 PM
Being a Big XII supporter,
I'll even root for Baylor in their bow.....
Oh, Hey, I guess I dont have to!
I agree, the better other teams in the Big 12 do in games especially against other conference teams only make us look better and help our rankings. Plus, it makes Corso sick, har har har!

franklinjake
12/28/2006, 10:04 PM
Alum81 - Sweet avatar man! Do you have a blow up of that pic?

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2006, 10:06 PM
I have no problem rooting for 11 teams of the Big XII. I just can't muster up any amount of the necessary good will it would take to wish success for the TexAggies.

franklinjake
12/28/2006, 10:09 PM
I have no problem rooting for 11 teams of the Big XII. I just can't muster up any amount of the necessary good will it would take to wish success for the TexAggies.

I can understand that. Even though I root for them against other conference teams, I throw up a little in my mouth while doing so... it's natural brother!

MamaMia
12/28/2006, 10:10 PM
Alum81 - Sweet avatar man! Do you have a blow up of that pic?I do.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/OU_Mongoose.jpg

SoonerBorn68
12/28/2006, 10:10 PM
I have no problem rooting for 10 teams of the Big XII. I just can't muster up any amount of the necessary good will it would take to wish success for the osu, whom I hope lose every game in every sport.

Customized for me.

franklinjake
12/28/2006, 10:14 PM
I do.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/OU_Mongoose.jpg

Thanks MamaMia, that is so freaking sweet! I can't believe I haven't seen that one yet.....

finster
12/28/2006, 10:15 PM
JOE KINDS IS THE BEST COACH EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seamus
12/28/2006, 11:18 PM

Actually, judging from the fanatical obsession with calling out n00bs blah blah blah, there might be an inverse corollary to your theory ...

goingoneight
12/28/2006, 11:18 PM
This thread makes goingoneight sad in his pants... :(

finster
12/29/2006, 12:51 AM
Evar. The most overused "cool" internet word. Can't you be more original?
"WELCOME TO BAMABALL"
2006 Damn near 2007, Time to lose the houndtooth hat.

stoopified
12/29/2006, 10:10 AM

:mad: :mad: :mad:Ditto.

OUmillenium
12/29/2006, 01:00 PM
Never pull for the conference. Just pull for the Sooners to go undefeated and things will fall into place. If we do not go undefeated, then that is our fault(or an Oregon replay official's fault!).

I cannot pull for OK Stink or the whorns.

Desert Sapper
12/29/2006, 03:40 PM
Too many people have trouble realizing that a stronger conference makes us stronger, especially in the eyes of voters.

If you never venture outside of Big XII country, you don't realize how weak the rest of the college football world sees the Big XII. This weak conference image, the GOWWDNS, and the media's endless replay of the Oregon game are fuel for the media to not support us. That could mean that we go undefeated at some point and get left out, a la Auburn 2004.

The better the Big XII does from year to year only serves to help us. We are not ND, we do not have a little fantasy island to live on, isolated from the rest of College Football. We have to have the respect of the voters. TAMU getting throttled by Cal and K-State getting thrashed by Rutgers will only not hurt us if the Big XII can win some other games it isn't supposed to (Nebbish, Tech, and Mizzou, can you hear me?) and win all the games it is (Tejas, are you listening?).

The total success of OU is only partly up to OU. A stronger conference means a healthier viewpoint in the eyes of voters. Make no mistake, OSU beating Bama is a good thing for the conference, and ultimately OU. The TAMU and K-State bowl debacles are the opposite.

TexasLidig8r
12/29/2006, 03:56 PM
Never.. never.. never. will I EVER hope, wish for, pull, root for and/or pray for the fightin' aggy to win a football game EVER.. unless... a victory by those sheep lovin crazies in some way, helps my Longhorns.

Their fan base as shown on texags.com after the game this year was reprehensible at best.

Over a century of mediocrity... one split national championship.

Conference be damned...

A humiliated aggy.. is a good aggy.

soonerloyal
12/29/2006, 04:10 PM
Never.. never.. never. will I EVER hope, wish for, pull, root for and/or pray for the fightin' aggy to win a football game EVER.. unless... a victory by those sheep lovin crazies in some way, helps my Longhorns.

Their fan base as shown on texags.com after the game this year was reprehensible at best.

Over a century of mediocrity... one split national championship.

Conference be damned...

A humiliated aggy.. is a good aggy.

Lid - if you judge an entire program by a small slice of message board freaks...we're all screwed. That includes HornFans and SoonerFans sites as well.

I don't blame all tu fans for the idiot few who thought it hilarious to make fun of the little Sooner fan crying this year. Nor do I understand the Sooner fans who think that teeshirt with the Sooner toddler flipping the bird is funny. I won't think all Boise State fans match the tackiness of those who posted Bob Stoops' picture farked to show a woman's panties and fishnet stockings. Nor do I think all OSU fans really laughed when All Day broke his collarbone.

Heck, I taught my boys the upsidedown horns sign when they were babies. But I never taught them that if you were born below the Red River, you were a son of Satan, either. They had to learn that on their own. :D

I keed, I keed...:P

You know I rooted for y'all against SUC last year. We CAN stand (semi-) united when it's beneficial.