PDA

View Full Version : Oh good grief people! What is so difficult?

MamaMia
12/28/2006, 02:54 PM
Three times straight over the course of about a 3 week period, Sonic gets my order wrong; so wrong in fact, that twice I just threw it away, clocked back in and grabbed some pretzels and some fudge from the break room. So today I decide to go to Burger King instead. Lets just say that when I got back to work I noticed that I didnt "have it my way" at all. :mad:

Please tell me what is so difficult about understanding the following.

One burger with mayo, extra lettuce and tomato and a small fry please?

Boarder
12/28/2006, 02:58 PM
I was going to type a response about messing my orders up but I started to get really mad while typing so I'm not going to.

Scott D
12/28/2006, 02:59 PM
I've found it's generally easier to go places where the staff isn't ESL.

LilSooner
12/28/2006, 02:59 PM
Me thinks you should look in the bag before you drive away.

They did that to me a couple of times before I started to take a drink before leaving. Craving a vanilla dr. pepper with extra vanilla and ending up with a root beer instead makes me supa. angry.

SoonerJack
12/28/2006, 03:21 PM
My pet peeve is the "no ketchup unless you ask for it" deal. So now they have me trained to always ask for it (and believe you me, I ask for it and get WAY more than if they had stuck a few packages in the bag).

At Hardee's the other day, I pull away and my wife opens the bag to begin consuming her whateverburger and there is no napkin in the bag. Hello! Now we have to ask for the **** napkin too?

Next thing we know they will be flinging unwrapped ingredients through the car window and expect the customer to assemble them in the proper order.

grrrrrr

Widescreen
12/28/2006, 03:27 PM
Next thing we know they will be flinging unwrapped ingredients through the car window and expect the customer to assemble them in the proper order.
Quit complaining. At least they'll be unwrapped.

GrapevineSooner
12/28/2006, 03:31 PM
Not to stereotype...

But Sonics are usually staffed with Caucasians.

SoonerInKCMO
12/28/2006, 03:32 PM
Today was the first time in forever that a fast food place has gotten my order wrong - and that can be partially blamed on the computer at Taco Bell crashing.

You people that keep getting your orders messed up must have bad karma you're working off or something.

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 03:34 PM
Mom,

Not to be ugly, but WTF are you doing eating at Sonic and BK 3-4 times in a 3-week period? Don't you know that **** will kill you? Sonic's ok about twice, maybe 3 times a year. BK is ok maybe once every 18-months or so.

Also, why do you have to be hoity-toity and order something off the menu? I have never once in my entire life gone somewhere and ordered something off the menu - then asked them to leave something off. The only thing that's appropriate to do is ask for extra something or an extra ingredient - like jalapenos or something. Of course I'm hyper-sensitive to the picky orderer syndrome since my SIL is the worst of the worst. She orders "a salad, extra croutons, extra blue cheese - and there'd better be lots of extra of both babe and I'll make it worth your while." So, she gets her salad - and then just eats the croutons and blue cheese. I go "WTF is wrong with you? Why don't you just order a bowl of croutons with blue cheese?" She goes "cause I want the lettuce flavor, but I can't handle the crunch." I go "ain't croutons crunchy?" My brother goes "Dean, leave it alone, she's ****ed up that way." She orders jalapeno poppers and onion rings - and only eats the stuffing and breading. She throws away the peppers and onions. Don't be my SIL.

mojo
12/28/2006, 03:35 PM
Wasn't it Joe Pesci in Lethal Weappon that said:

"They f*** at the drive thru."

As for the ketchup thing. When I ask for ketchup they always want to give me two packets for this super large thing of fries like there is a ration on the ketchup. Then when I ask for more, they cop an attitude and act like I passed gas and belched in their face.

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 03:42 PM
Why does McDonald's always seem to clean their ice cream machine when I go through there? I mean, it's 7PM. Why clean it then, when everyone wants food?

Hot Rod
12/28/2006, 03:51 PM
Me thinks you should look in the bag before you drive away.

I did this Friday at Braum's and it turned out it was wrong. I had them remake my order (just the burgers) and the lady asked me to pull up. I told her no and she said "well, I need to give the guy behind his order". I said "when you fix my order then I'll move". She then goes to the manager, from what I see, telling her that I'm not moving. (as if they can push my vehicle). And why does it take longer to make a burger plain for my child, than it does one with all the fixings?

I feel for ya mamamia! Hope you have better luck next time!

Hot Rod
12/28/2006, 03:53 PM
You people that keep getting your orders messed up must have bad karma you're working off or something.

Well, it also could be attributed to when they repeat the order for you to verify it, that you can't understand a word they are saying.

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 03:54 PM
I did this Friday at Braum's and it turned out it was wrong. I had them remake my order (just the burgers) and the lady asked me to pull up. I told her no and she said "well, I need to give the guy behind his order". I said "when you fix my order then I'll move". She then goes to the manager, from what I see, telling her that I'm not moving. (as if they can push my vehicle). And why does it take longer to make a burger plain for my child, than it does one with all the fixings?

No, you should have pulled forward. Why does your child need a "plain" burger? Allergic to ketchup? Veggies? Oh, your child doesn't like veggies and stuff. You need to parent up and teach your child that veggies are good. Your child's colonic health will thank you in his future old age.

Scott D
12/28/2006, 03:55 PM
Not to stereotype...

But Sonics are usually staffed with Caucasians.

heh...Caucasians can be ESL also. You ever try verifying an order with someone with a thick russian accent? :)

MamaMia
12/28/2006, 03:58 PM
Mom,

Not to be ugly, but WTF are you doing eating at Sonic and BK 3-4 times in a 3-week period? Don't you know that **** will kill you? Sonic's ok about twice, maybe 3 times a year. BK is ok maybe once every 18-months or so.

Also, why do you have to be hoity-toity and order something off the menu? I have never once in my entire life gone somewhere and ordered something off the menu - then asked them to leave something off. The only thing that's appropriate to do is ask for extra something or an extra ingredient - like jalapenos or something. Because it just so happens that I really like Sonic burgers with mayo, extra lettuce and tomatoes. They use to make it with plenty of lettuce and tomatoes but they cut back after they got me hooked. The reason I was there a whole 3 times, was to give them another chance to get it right. Thats why.:P

Scott D
12/28/2006, 04:01 PM
Because it just so happens that I really like Sonic burgers with mayo, extra lettuce and tomatoes. They use to make it with plenty of lettuce and tomatoes but they cut back after they got me hooked. The reason I was there a whole 3 times, was to give them another chance to get it right. Thats why.:P

I'd blame Michael Eisner.

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 04:01 PM
Because it just so happens that I really like Sonic burgers with mayo, extra lettuce and tomatoes. They use to make it with plenty of lettuce and tomatoes but they cut back after they got me hooked. The reason I was there a whole 3 times, was to give them another chance to get it right. Thats why.:P

So, Sonic burgers are your crack. The pusher man got you hooked, then started cutting the rock with sugar. Now you're a junkie and need your fix and the Sonic pusher man's got you hooked. Seek help. I wanna see you on that "Intervention" show.

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 04:02 PM
Heh. I just figured out what "ESL" means. You guys got a ****ing acronym for everything huh?

josh09
12/28/2006, 04:04 PM
Three times straight over the course of about a 3 week period, Sonic gets my order wrong; so wrong in fact, that twice I just threw it away, clocked back in and grabbed some pretzels and some fudge from the break room. So today I decide to go to Burger King instead. Lets just say that when I got back to work I noticed that I didnt "have it my way" at all. :mad:

Well usually the people who work at fast food restaraunts arent too smart, so....:D

MamaMia
12/28/2006, 04:07 PM
So, Sonic burgers are your crack. The pusher man got you hooked, then started cutting the rock with sugar. Now you're a junkie and need your fix and the Sonic pusher man's got you hooked. Seek help. I wanna see you on that "Intervention" show.
Yes, I can only go one whole month without one, or I'll start eating chocolate, and it doesn't matter what kind of chocolate! :O
Okay, I'll consider getting some intervention, but only if they'll let me appear in silhouette and alter my voice. This is small town you know, and people talk.

Scott D
12/28/2006, 04:16 PM
Heh. I just figured out what "ESL" means. You guys got a ****ing acronym for everything huh?

I blame schools that teach it as ESL :)

and Michael Eisner.

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 04:18 PM
We need to get you on the methodone of fast-food burgers - Whataburger - before you slip to the really heavy imported stuff like In-n-Out. That junk'll give ya the shakes.

it's a pun, see... the "shakes"...

Scott D
12/28/2006, 04:21 PM
I also blame Norman'Pokemon'Pride.

OKLA21FAN
12/28/2006, 04:27 PM

Leo Getz said it best:
They FU at the drive-thru, okay? They FU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got F-ed! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets F-ed? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a F! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?
http://www.villagefair.com/MelGibson/lw4/images/bwjoe.jpg

NormanPride
12/28/2006, 04:30 PM
I also blame Norman'Pokemon'Pride.

:les: KIRBY IS NOT A POKEMON!!

And yes I know I lose Dean points by knowing that.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/28/2006, 04:34 PM
Mmmmmmmm. Sonic!

Try living without one.... like I do. It's sad, very sad.

Oh, I agree, you probably should only have it once in a blue moon like all fast food.

But not having one around.....well it's like someone stole your boo-boo blankey.

Sure you grow out of it by about 3 or 4 years of age.

But you still want to know it's around.

*sigh*

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 04:35 PM
Sonic = Chronic

WILBURJIM
12/28/2006, 04:40 PM
I usually don't get bent out of shape if something is wrong with an order, people make mistakes, but, one time we pulled ahead and checked the order and it was wrong. Went inside to have them fix the problem (my son wanted a plain hamburger-they gave us a cheeseburger). So we wait while they cook up a new burger and check that one before we walk out the door and that was wrong. It had extra cheese. I said to the cashier, no cheese, please. She was very apologetic and yelled back to the cook, Another burger and NO CHEESE ON THAT! This time I am watching the cook and as he is putting the fixin's on he grabs a slice of cheese:eek: and before he could put it on, I yelled NO CHEESE loud enough to startle the guy. Freaking teenage alzheimers.:mad:

soonerboy_odanorth
12/28/2006, 04:42 PM
Sonic = Chronic

Tru dat.

Like crack cocaine!

Boy I loves me some crack!

You know when we make the drive down from MN, here's how it goes:

Sonic in Des Moines

Sonic in KC

Sonic in Wichita

And then if we're going to see my g-ma it's either Sonic in Enid or the original Sonic right there in big Woodward.

Reverse the order on the way back.

Oh, and inbetween all the actual driving parts of the trip, I stuff in as much REAL barbeque and REAL Mexican food as I can since these taste-lacking lutefisk sucking walleye fryers up here can't cook either with a damn.

Condescending Sooner
12/28/2006, 04:42 PM

Geez, you people need to work at a fast food joint for a couple of weeks. You obviously have no idea how things work It might change your a**hole attitude a little. Also, if you insist on special ordering something every time you visit a take out, just be prepared for errors and then shut the hell up.

Petro-Sooner
12/28/2006, 04:47 PM
Or just make it right the first time. :rolleyes:

TexasSooner01
12/28/2006, 04:48 PM
Geez, you people need to work at a fast food joint for a couple of weeks. You obviously have no idea how things work It might change your a**hole attitude a little. Also, if you insist on special ordering something every time you visit a take out, just be prepared for errors and then shut the hell up.

:rolleyes: pushing buttons and reading is not that hard.

;)

olevetonahill
12/28/2006, 04:49 PM
If you eat "fast food " you should expect to eat **** and die .
Nuff said .
Last time I tried was 94, NO way can they FU a fish sammich rite ? wrong ! Macvomit can **** up a water

Petro-Sooner
12/28/2006, 04:54 PM
After watching that super sized movie I avoid fast food as much as I can.

Xstnlsooner
12/28/2006, 05:02 PM
You people are GREAT comic relief for every afternoon!!

SoonerInKCMO
12/28/2006, 05:02 PM
Oh, and inbetween all the actual driving parts of the trip, I stuff in as much REAL barbeque and REAL Mexican food as I can since these taste-lacking lutefisk sucking walleye fryers up here can't cook either with a damn.

La Cucaracha in St. Paul. YWIA.

Iffin it's still there. :O

There was also a pretty good place in Mpls in the 'hood a couple of blocks off of Franklin but I can't for the life of me remember the name or the cross streets.

Hot Rod
12/28/2006, 05:07 PM

This post made me laugh. Me working at a fast food joint. HAHA!!! As far as the attitude goes, the cashier had the attitude, which is why I didn't pull forward.

Petro Sooner and Texas Sooner said it good as well.

olevetonahill
12/28/2006, 05:11 PM
You people are GREAT comic relief for every afternoon!!
Get back to work .
Leave the ****in Off to the Pros ;)

Mjcpr
12/28/2006, 05:12 PM
This post made me laugh. Me working at a fast food joint. HAHA!!!

Don't be silly, I'm sure you could do it!

TexasSooner01
12/28/2006, 05:13 PM
Don't be silly, I'm sure you could do it!

Sure he could....that is if he can push buttons and read. ;)

Hot Rod
12/28/2006, 05:15 PM
Could do it? Yes!
Would want to do it? No!

BTW, Mjcpr, love the avatar!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/28/2006, 05:17 PM
La Cucaracha in St. Paul. YWIA.

Iffin it's still there. :O

There was also a pretty good place in Mpls in the 'hood a couple of blocks off of Franklin but I can't for the life of me remember the name or the cross streets.

Yeah, you're right. Actually La Cuc and Boca Chica in St. Paul are good. (EDIT: But think about that... a metro area as large as the TC, and there are TWO, count 'em, TWO decent Mexican food joints. And they're both on the other side of the world from me down in Shakopee.)

But, Pepitos in Mpls off Chicago and Franklin SUCKS. Totally and completely overrated, though everyone in the TC talks it up. They put processed velveeta-type cheese over the top of their enchiladas and many other dishes. And I found out there is a story behind that. When the folks that opened Pepitos lo those many years ago started serving Mexican food it was very much a novelty. Several customers said that some of the dishes needed a little cheese on them to mellow them out, and actually requested the likes of American and Velveeta. So they've been servin' it up that way ever since. Atrocious.

But then again I'm spoiled; I grew up with the legendary Marie's (which just closed it's doors after I believe some 40-50 years) in Woodward, and frequent trips out to Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque.

Mjcpr
12/28/2006, 05:18 PM
BTW, Mjcpr, love the avatar!

Well don't get too used to it because I'm taking it with me when we leave here next month.

:D

Hot Rod
12/28/2006, 05:19 PM
Well don't get too used to it because I'm taking it with me when we leave here next month.

(Spews eggnog out of mouth) :eek:

TexasSooner01
12/28/2006, 05:22 PM
Could do it? Yes!
Would want to do it? No!

see thats why orders are all jacked up....the smart peoples wont work there. :)

SoonerInKCMO
12/28/2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah, you're right. Actually La Cuc and Boca Chica in St. Paul are good.

But, Pepitos in Mpls off Chicago (near Franklin) SUCKS. Totally and completely overrated, though everyone in the TC talks it up. They put processed velveeta-type cheese over the top of their enchiladas and many other dishes. And I found out there is a story behind that. When the folks that opened Pepitos lo those many years ago started serving Mexican food it was very much a novelty. Several customers said that some of the dishes needed a little cheese on them to mellow them out, and actually requested the likes of American and Velveeta. So they've been servin' it up that way ever since. Atrocious.

But then again I'm spoiled; I grew up with the legendary Marie's (which just closed it's doors after I believe some 40-50 years) in Woodward, and frequent trips out to Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque.

Pepito's is the one I was thinking of. :O

BUT! I only went there a couple of times and never had enchiladas or anything else covered in processed cheese. The other stuff, IIRC, was pretty good.

Can you still get Pace's extra mild picante sauce up there? Mmmm... tomato paste. :D

soonerbrat
12/28/2006, 05:42 PM
My pet peeve is the "no ketchup unless you ask for it" deal. So now they have me trained to always ask for it (and believe you me, I ask for it and get WAY more than if they had stuck a few packages in the bag).

At Hardee's the other day, I pull away and my wife opens the bag to begin consuming her whateverburger and there is no napkin in the bag. Hello! Now we have to ask for the **** napkin too?

grrrrrr

Yeah, what's up with that? do their paychecks get docked if they give you too much ketchup? or any at all?

MamaMia
12/28/2006, 05:48 PM
Geez, you people need to work at a fast food joint for a couple of weeks. You obviously have no idea how things work It might change your a**hole attitude a little. Also, if you insist on special ordering something every time you visit a take out, just be prepared for errors and then shut the hell up.:eek: ~gasp~

I'll bet you're one of those hillbilly burger slingers who spit on peoples food if they send an order back, huh?

proud gonzo
12/28/2006, 07:20 PM
I was going to type a response about messing my orders up but I started to get really mad while typing so I'm not going to.ditto :O

Okla-homey
12/28/2006, 09:06 PM
Said it before, and I'll say it again, for the benefit of you rich people who didn't have to work at a fast food joint while in HS.

People who order "hold the whatever" or "extra whatever" fast food usually get a little something extra on their sandwich. Not saying I ever did that, because I'm a nice guy, but I worked with a lot of hooligans who would deliberately "contaminate" a special order in a heartbeat. Especially when we were busy at lunchtime.

Also, no matter what, under no circumstances, even on your worst day, evar send food back at any restaurant.

You have been warned.

Sign me, "Two Years at McDonalds" (1976-1978.)

soonerboomer93
12/28/2006, 10:59 PM
Said it before, and I'll say it again, for the benefit of you rich people who didn't have to work at a fast food joint while in HS.

People who order "hold the whatever" or "extra whatever" fast food usually get a little something extra on their sandwich. Not saying I ever did that, because I'm a nice guy, but I worked with a lot of hooligans who would deliberately "contaminate" a special order in a heartbeat. Especially when we were busy at lunchtime.

Also, no matter what, under no circumstances, even on your worst day, evar send food back at any restaurant.

You have been warned.

This one thing makes me greatful I work in Korea. I don't have to worry about **** like that there and at the places I go. It's a rather sad statement on our society that we know it happens and still do jack about correcting it.

Mjcpr
12/28/2006, 11:01 PM
This one thing makes me greatful I work in Korea. I don't have to worry about **** like that there and at the places I go. It's a rather sad statement on our society that we know it happens and still do jack about correcting it.

What could some high school Korean dude do to fried ***** cat or ox anus that would make it any more disgusting though?

GottaHavePride
12/28/2006, 11:08 PM

You have been warned.

When I worked as a waiter I would have kicked asses if cooks had pulled that when my customers returned an order. Of course I was what you call a "freakin' good" waiter.

The place I waited tables had a stupid birthday song. One night (we were busy as hell) a table full of high school girls had a birthday at the table. No one else was willing to go out there and sing the stupid song. I tell them no one else has time, so unless they want me to do the routine by myself they're out of luck. They thing they're calling my bluff when they say "ok, do it by yourself then." So I pull out a chair, make the girl in question stand on the chair and I got everyone's attention. I mean 400+ people staring at this girl as she's turning bright red and I sing this idiotic song at the top of my lungs.

I got one HELL of a tip from that table.

1stTimeCaller
12/28/2006, 11:23 PM
I never worked fast food but at O'Connell's when we were busy you just got into a little rythm and sometimes would just plain forget not to put something on the order that normally went on it. Most times the waitresses there didn't put 'no pickles' or whatever on the ticket. When someone would ask for extra mayo or mustard, etc. We'd just put the normal amount on and send out a ramacan with whatever they wanted extra.

I've worked in about 5 restaurants and only one time did I ever see anybody put a little someting extra in a customer's food. A coworker had been jumped at a party by three guys and one used brass knuckles on him. Why two of them ate at that restaurant a week or so after the mugging, knowing who cooked there, I'll never understand.

Mjcpr
12/28/2006, 11:31 PM
Did you ever work at Hooters?

Sooner24
12/28/2006, 11:36 PM
Mom,

Also, why do you have to be hoity-toity and order something off the menu? I have never once in my entire life gone somewhere and ordered something off the menu - then asked them to leave something off. The only thing that's appropriate to do is ask for extra something or an extra ingredient - like jalapenos or something. Of course I'm hyper-sensitive to the picky orderer syndrome since my SIL is the worst of the worst. She orders "a salad, extra croutons, extra blue cheese - and there'd better be lots of extra of both babe and I'll make it worth your while." So, she gets her salad - and then just eats the croutons and blue cheese. I go "WTF is wrong with you? Why don't you just order a bowl of croutons with blue cheese?" She goes "cause I want the lettuce flavor, but I can't handle the crunch." I go "ain't croutons crunchy?" My brother goes "Dean, leave it alone, she's ****ed up that way." She orders jalapeno poppers and onion rings - and only eats the stuffing and breading. She throws away the peppers and onions. Don't be my SIL.

OMG!!! I KNOW THIS PERSON AND HE LIVES IN ARDMORE!!!! JUST CHANGE BLUE CHEESE TO RANCH AND LEAVE OUT THE PEPPERS!!! :eek:

Norm In Norman
12/29/2006, 12:14 AM
OMG!!! I KNOW THIS PERSON AND HE LIVES IN ARDMORE!!!! JUST CHANGE BLUE CHEESE TO RANCH AND LEAVE OUT THE PEPPERS!!! :eek:
WOW! I KNOW HIM TOO! AND HE EATS THE CRACKERS WITHOUT ORDERING A SALAD! or something.

Braum's by my house (and by most people's house for that matter) is infamous for ****ing up orders. About a month or two ago, Mrs. Norm had had a particularly bad day at school and decided to pick up some burgers from Braum's instead of cooking. Well, she gets the order and they had left something off the order - her chicken sandwich. They told her to pull up and it would be about 5 minutes until the chicken was finished. Mrs. Norm told them the rest of the food was going to be cold by then and they said they were sorry but they couldn't do anything about it. Mrs. Norm said "No, this is what you are going to do. You are going to take this meal back and throw it all in the trash. Then you are going to remake the whole meal including the chicken sandwich and the shakes and you will bring it all to me while it's all fresh and hot, got it?" So they did what she said, and our meal was perfect.

The moral of the story? Don't **** around with a pregnant woman when she's had a bad day at work.

Boarder
12/29/2006, 12:19 AM
Oh, yeah. You definitely ate some Braums Big Booger Burgers.

Mjcpr
12/29/2006, 12:21 AM

That's what I was thinking.

Yes sir, I'd like a Braum's Booger Burger and a Snot Shake and make it quick pleasethanks.

Norm In Norman
12/29/2006, 12:26 AM
Well, the good thing about it is Braum's grill and stuff is out there where everyone can see and they were really busy, so I doubt it happened. Besides, I hold no preconceived notions that I wasn't going to get a Big Booger Burger anyway. It's the chance you take when you don't prepare your own food. it's best just not to think about it.

Frozen Sooner
12/29/2006, 12:28 AM
One of my friends was eating at Sullivan's last night. For those of you not familiar, it's a pretty nice restaurant chain. $40 or so for a meal.

Anyhow, my friend gets her steak medium-well instead of medium-rare. She sent the steak back, and apparently the line cooks didn't realize she had a table near the kitchen (which is open to the restaurant.) She got treated to a bunch of "I'll show that f-ing bitch medium rare, I'm gonna spit on this!" kind of stuff.

Needless to stay, when her waiter came back she asked for the manager and told him that not only would she be cancelling her order, but to not expect her business again.

Boarder
12/29/2006, 12:28 AM
When seasoned properly, boogers are probably not that bad. Braum's burgers are good enough to mask the tartness I suppose.

Sooner24
12/29/2006, 12:52 AM
Years ago I was at Mazzios in Ardmore, with three other people from work, and we all ordered the personal pizza dealios. As I was working on my second of four pieces I noticed something wasn't chewing up properly. I fished it out and discoved a finger nail. :eek:

I don't mind chewing my finger nails but I sure hate chewing someone elses.

pb4ou
12/29/2006, 03:06 AM
ewww :eek:

setem
12/29/2006, 03:12 AM
Have you ever seen the movie "Waiting"?

Do not mess with the people who handle your food!

hookem31
12/29/2006, 04:16 AM
Have you ever seen the movie "Waiting"?

Do not mess with the people who handle your food!

Or drinks. ;)

gh55
12/29/2006, 07:04 AM
One of my friends was eating at Sullivan's last night. For those of you not familiar, it's a pretty nice restaurant chain. $40 or so for a meal.

Anyhow, my friend gets her steak medium-well instead of medium-rare. She sent the steak back, and apparently the line cooks didn't realize she had a table near the kitchen (which is open to the restaurant.) She got treated to a bunch of "I'll show that f-ing bitch medium rare, I'm gonna spit on this!" kind of stuff.

Needless to stay, when her waiter came back she asked for the manager and told him that not only would she be cancelling her order, but to not expect her business again.

and if that happens at a nice restaraurant you can imagine what happens at
the fast food joints..

whatsername
12/29/2006, 07:12 AM
I worked at Pizza Hut for a while and there was this one particular delivery customer that all the drivers hated. I personally never messed with his pizza, but one day I caught them pouring mineral oil over his pizzas. Who knows what else they had done to the guys order.

SoonerJack
12/29/2006, 08:28 AM
We need to get you on the methodone of fast-food burgers - Whataburger - before you slip to the really heavy imported stuff like In-n-Out. That junk'll give ya the shakes.

In-n-Out is awesome. Want to know why it's awesome? They keep it simple. Burgers, fries, drinks. No half-a**ed attempts at mexican, italian, middle-eastern, norwegian, alaskan, moroccan, or whatever other food of the month is in style. You order fries you see them take the potato, yes a whole potato, skin the sucker, run it through the slicer thingy, and drop it in the vat o wonderfulness.

If I were to move to Cali, it would be for In-n-Out Burger.:)

SoonerJack
12/29/2006, 08:34 AM
WOW! I KNOW HIM TOO! AND HE EATS THE CRACKERS WITHOUT ORDERING A SALAD! or something.

Braum's by my house (and by most people's house for that matter) is infamous for ****ing up orders. About a month or two ago, Mrs. Norm had had a particularly bad day at school and decided to pick up some burgers from Braum's instead of cooking. Well, she gets the order and they had left something off the order - her chicken sandwich. They told her to pull up and it would be about 5 minutes until the chicken was finished. Mrs. Norm told them the rest of the food was going to be cold by then and they said they were sorry but they couldn't do anything about it. Mrs. Norm said "No, this is what you are going to do. You are going to take this meal back and throw it all in the trash. Then you are going to remake the whole meal including the chicken sandwich and the shakes and you will bring it all to me while it's all fresh and hot, got it?" So they did what she said, and our meal was perfect.

The moral of the story? Don't **** around with a pregnant woman when she's had a bad day at work.

I nominate Mrs Norm for the All World Awesome Hall of Fame.

Condescending Sooner
12/29/2006, 11:12 AM
:eek: ~gasp~

I'll bet you're one of those hillbilly burger slingers who spit on peoples food if they send an order back, huh?

I was when I was young. It gets very old dealing with the holier than thou attitude that several here seem to exhibit. People want great service but don't want to pay more than $2.99 for a meal.

crawfish
12/29/2006, 11:42 AM
When the drive-thru makes me pull forward, I make them stand outside my car door until everything is checked out. Poor girl a few weeks ago at McD's had to shiver out in the rain while we did so - then she had to go back and get the two orders of fries they forgot. :)

Petro-Sooner
12/29/2006, 11:46 AM
She should put a coat on next time she steps outside. That way, you know, she wont shiver. I dont feel sorry for those people.

Boarder
12/29/2006, 12:14 PM
Well, it seems a Tulsa guy agrees:

STATE BRIEFS : TULSA
Gun drawn over spilled beverage

A man pulled a gun on a Long John Silver’s employee who spilled a drink on him at the drivethrough window, Tulsa police said.
About 11:55 a.m. Wednesday, police were sent to the restaurant at 1956 S Garnett Road, police said. A man went through the drivethrough and a drink spilled on him when the employee gave it to him.
The customer called the employee names and eventually pulled out a handgun, police said. The employee called 911.
About 1:35 p.m., an officer stopped a vehicle with an individual matching the gunman’s description, police said.
Lawrence Johnson was arrested.

OK, it was a spilled drink, not a messed up order. But you should have seen the dude if they didn't give him extra hushpuppies instead of slaw.

frankensooner
12/29/2006, 12:29 PM
One time a waitress dumped a whole Pepsi on me at Cowboy Bobs. They didn't even offer to comp the freaking meal. I am glad they closed!!!

When I worked at the Mont an S hook ended up in someone's spinich salad. They quickly comped her meal and made her a fresh one. The kitchen guys there were pretty good back in the day and never messed with peoples food. When they had cuts on their hands, they had to wear rubber gloves as to avoid the old bandaid in the food.