PDA

View Full Version : Big XII Bowl season begins...

OUster
12/28/2006, 10:52 AM
tonight. Who is everyone rooting for? I have a small bit of conference loyalty, but I can't bring myself to cheer for lOSUr. So my picks are -

Texas A&M over Cal soundly.
Rutgers over K-State in a close one.
Alabama over lOSUr by alot.

Scott D
12/28/2006, 10:54 AM
gotta go for A&M if for no other reason than to keep the Pac-10 donut up on the board for ESPN's silly challenge cup.

#1 SOONER FAN
12/28/2006, 11:02 AM
I'm going with A&M over Cal, KSU over Rutgers cause I think they are vastly overrated and Alabama over OSU.

dougsooner
12/28/2006, 11:22 AM
A&M and Cal should be close. A&M's defense should keep this game low scoring and since they run so well the clock will keep moving. A&M 16, Cal: 10. K-State fails to show up in bowl games for the most part. But I also think Rutgers is overrated. KSU with a last second FG to win 33-31. osu pops Alabama pretty easy: osu 28, Alabama 13. ESPN suddenly forgets to mention the bowl challenge cup after tonight....

Sooner_Havok
12/28/2006, 11:25 AM
ESPN suddenly forgets to mention the bowl challenge cup after tonight....

Now you don't know that, it's not like they did that last ye..... Oh wait. Carry on!

#1 SOONER FAN
12/28/2006, 11:39 AM
If your team isn't in the Big East or Big 10, ESPN won't even mention you at all. We haven't got any respect all year long. They play and I have yet to see what's so great about the Big East especially, they aren't that good. Then that Rutger's coach get the coach of the year and his team lost 3 games, what's the deal.

soonerdave79
12/28/2006, 11:41 AM
Go Big 12! I would have to wash my mouth out with soap if I actually said go you know who. So, I'll just say go big 12! . . . . . And I hope all of the SEC teams go down. I'm tired of hearing about how great they are.

Sooner_Havok
12/28/2006, 11:43 AM
Conference Order as ESPN sees it

Notre Dame
Pac-10
Notre Dame
SEC
Notre Dame
Big 10 1/2
Notre Dame
ACC
Notre Dame
Big East
Notre Dame
WAC
Notre Dame
MAC
Notre Dame
C-USA
Notre Dame
Mountain West
Notre Dame
Big XII

flopshotjoe99
12/28/2006, 11:43 AM
Go Big 12! I would have to wash my mouth out with soap if I actually said go you know who. So, I'll just say go big 12! . . . . . And I hope all of the SEC teams go down. I'm tired of hearing about how great they are.

im with you, no specifics, just GO BIG 12!!!:)

#1 SOONER FAN
12/28/2006, 11:48 AM
I totally agree, even if Notre Dame was 4-8, they would probably be in one of the BCS game anyhow. AND you ranked them exactly how ESPN ranked them all year long. Charlie Weis is the greatest thing that ever happen to college football according to them.

leavingthezoo
12/28/2006, 11:56 AM
i've got a&m over cal, rutgers over ksu and the pokes over bama.

i won't be cheering for any of them though.

Sooner_Havok
12/28/2006, 12:02 PM
I'll take an outbreak of the flue cancelling these bowl games for 800 Alex.

KC//CRIMSON
12/28/2006, 12:07 PM
Kstate and Texas Tech's bowl games are not being televised except on NFL network?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

lame.

Sooner_Havok
12/28/2006, 12:15 PM
Kstate and Texas Tech's bowl games are not being televised except on NFL network?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

lame.

No, the lame thing is that New Jersey b****ed and moaned until the NFL network caved and is going to have a free "trial" of the NFLN in that area for tonight only.

JohnnyMack
12/28/2006, 12:18 PM
Bama over LosuR because I detest those little aggies.

Rutgers over KSU because my wife went to Rutgers.

The Cult over Cal because Cal is a bunch of pussies.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/28/2006, 12:21 PM
Im with you guys on Notre Dame and Weiss, but I remember them being in love with Stoops and OU at one time...I think it was before Stoops started making them out to be idiots.

aTm over cal. like dougsooner said, aTm's defense and run game should keep cal's offensive output down.

ksu vs rutgers. does anyone really care? I will pull for ksu for Big XII, but I wont care if Rutgers wins. KSU's defense is pretty solid isnt it? That may be the deciding factor.

Bama vs losur. does anyone really care? If I had to pick I would say osu should win with bama's coaching distractions, gambling distractions and such. I will be pulling for the tide though.

SoonerTerry
12/28/2006, 12:23 PM
gotta go for A&M if for no other reason than to keep the Pac-10 donut up on the board for ESPN's silly challenge cup.

WERD!!!!

OUinFLA
12/28/2006, 01:16 PM
Im thinkin LosuR will pound bama today.
aTm marches over the hippies and their collie hikes and pees on their legs
Im hoping ksu routs the rutties. I dont see a ton of defense in that game.

I am supporting ALL Big XII teams so espn will just get real quiet about the Conference Champions.

blutotiger
12/28/2006, 01:43 PM
Conference Order as ESPN sees it

Notre Dame
Pac-10
Notre Dame
SEC
Notre Dame
Big 10 1/2
Notre Dame
ACC
Notre Dame
Big East
Notre Dame
WAC
Notre Dame
MAC
Notre Dame
C-USA
Notre Dame
Mountain West
Notre Dame
Big XII

No way the SEC is above the Big 10 according to ESPiN.

Sooner_Havok
12/28/2006, 01:49 PM
No way the SEC is above the Big 10 according to ESPiN.

Nope, they said that Meat Chicken and tOSU are the only two teams in the Big 10 1/2, sometimes adding wisconsin to the list. But somehow, magically, their Big 10 1/2 conference schedules are pretty tough. :rolleyes: Plus, haven't you heard, the SEC is the deepest and toughest conference in the world, outside those powerhouses that reside in the Pac-10 :D

Edit:

Basically, they can't pick which conference they want to nut over, but they all know one thing, the Big XII is always in a down year, regardless of what actually happens

jwlynn64
12/28/2006, 01:55 PM
Anyone know if Okie State game is going to be carried on the radio? I have to work until around 6:00.

cvsooner
12/28/2006, 02:39 PM
Anyone know if Okie State game is going to be carried on the radio? I have to work until around 6:00.

It's carried nationwide by Sports USA Radio Network but I can't seem to find any listing of what stations will be carrying it. The osu site might have a listing, but I can't force myself to go to their site...maybe I'll check out the 'Bama site instead.

Scott D
12/28/2006, 02:47 PM
No, the lame thing is that New Jersey b****ed and moaned until the NFL network caved and is going to have a free "trial" of the NFLN in that area for tonight only.

how dare people in areas complain enough about an overrated network and a ridiculous cable conglomorate being run by a$$holes enough that they force both to find a way to save face.

Sooner_Havok
12/28/2006, 02:59 PM
how dare people in areas complain enough about an overrated network and a ridiculous cable conglomorate being run by a$$holes enough that they force both to find a way to save face.

Like the people around here have been complaining to cox for years with no response other that STFU or leave! The thing is NFLN caves to comcast so New Jersey folk can watch a game, but cox won't budge on the whole ABCHD FOXHD thing. We have NFLN here as part of the digital package, they have ABCHD and FOX HD there. Why can't one area have both?

Scott D
12/28/2006, 03:03 PM
NFLN caved to Time Warner, they've had an agreement with Comcast for awhile.

josh09
12/28/2006, 03:54 PM
tonight. Who is everyone rooting for? I have a small bit of conference loyalty, but I can't bring myself to cheer for lOSUr. So my picks are -

Texas A&M over Cal soundly.
Rutgers over K-State in a close one.
Alabama over lOSUr by alot.

Rutgers will destroy KState

tpatton
12/28/2006, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Sooner_Havok]Nope, they said that Meat Chicken and tOSU are the only two teams in the Big 10 1/2, sometimes adding wisconsin to the list. But somehow, magically, their Big 10 1/2 conference schedules are pretty tough. :rolleyes: Plus, haven't you heard, the SEC is the deepest and toughest conference in the world, outside those powerhouses that reside in the Pac-10 :D

Edit:

Basically, they can't pick which conference they want to nut over, but they all know one thing, the Big XII is always in a down year, regardless of what actually happens

Nobody likes a winner...must be that underdog thing. It wasn't so long ago (1999 to 2000), that all the talking heads pulled for Oklahoma and the Big XII...now...we can't get a compliment or props for a decent win, no matter which team it is in the Big XII. Makes for good press for them I guess.....

Stoop Dawg
12/28/2006, 05:06 PM
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean everyone's not out to get me!!

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2006, 06:32 PM
I'm always for all the Big 12 teams in bowl games, though I have been making fun of this particular team today. I want them to win and all, but I'll still be making fun of the completely horrible passing this jerkoff has been doing.

josh09
12/28/2006, 06:38 PM
Wow, lOSUr is doing better than most expected, it seems.