PDA

View Full Version : How did we miss this?

Okla-homey
12/27/2006, 09:01 PM
Nothing says "the holidays" like a good old-fashioned gunfight on Main Street. Apparently, one of these desperadoes forgot he was 'sposed to be-a shootin' blanks.:eek:

Guthrie Gunfighters Face Investigation

A live bullet fired at a crowd Saturday night injures an actor with the group
By Michael Cross

Monday, December 18, 2006

Guthrie Police are investigating the shooting of a reenactor with the Guthrie Gunfighters during a show in the Territorial Christmas Celebration Saturday night.

Police say the bullet went through his leg and landed about a block and a half away. He was taken to an Oklahoma City hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Lieutenant Mark Bruning admits it could have been much worse.

"That gunfighter could have been killed," says Bruning. "There was [sic]children, there was [sic] probably 800 to 1,000 people in that block area because of the Victorian Christmas. There were many people that could have been struck."

Bruning says it will be up to the Logan County District Attorney to determine whether charges will be filed. Officials with the "Guthrie Gunfighters" are refusing to comment.

Warning: there is some gals who look like they been rode hard and put away wet on this here innerweb site.

http://www.guthriegunfighters-inc.org/

StoopTroup
12/27/2006, 09:03 PM
There's gun fights here in Tulsa all the time...

royalfan5
12/27/2006, 09:05 PM
How does a live round even get mixed in? In any event, it's situations like this that provide work for tort lawyers.

Okla-homey
12/27/2006, 09:08 PM
How does a live round even get mixed in? In any event, it's situations like this that provide work for tort lawyers.

Maybe its like in baseball? When you go to a game, you concede you could get beaned with an errant foul ball and must hold the park and the players harmless.;)

1stTimeCaller
12/27/2006, 09:13 PM
whoops

royalfan5
12/27/2006, 09:15 PM
Maybe its like in baseball? When you go to a game, you concede you could get beaned with an errant foul ball and must hold the park and the players harmless.;)
There is an expectation of real baseballs being used, whereas I doubt their was a reasonable expectation that live ammuntion would be used at a re-enactment. (That's what I remember from torts anyway)

KABOOKIE
12/27/2006, 10:50 PM
This co-worker of mine bought a brand new sihny stainless steel revolver and was showing it off at a party. He had a little too much to drink and was telling all the ladies he was "Quick Draw Mcgraw" Well, you can imagine what happened next. F*cker stuck the gun in his waistband and went to reach for it like some 1880's western gunslinger. The gun went off and slit his femur in two, from his hip joint to his knee. OUCH!

He never came back to work!

royalfan5
12/27/2006, 10:56 PM
This co-worker of mine bought a brand new sihny stainless steel revolver and was showing it off at a party. He had a little too much to drink and was telling all the ladies he was "Quick Draw Mcgraw" Well, you can imagine what happened next. F*cker stuck the gun in his waistband and went to reach for it like some 1880's western gunslinger. The gun went off and slit his femur in two, from his hip joint to his knee. OUCH!

He never came back to work!
When I'm at a party and people start doing gun tricks, I usually head for the door. At least he only shot himself. Reminds me of case from law school where some guy filed down the trigger so he could shoot quicker whilst driving in the desert, and then hit a bump that fired a shot that paralyzed his girlfriend.

SicEmBaylor
12/27/2006, 11:59 PM
There was a guy shot in the late 80's (I think..may have been early - mid 90s) at a WONA re-enactment. My dad was there and kept him stable until the ambulance arrived.

I think the deal there was that the guy had gone black powder deer hunting the previous weekend and had a live round get mixed in his cartridge box.

Hot Rod
12/28/2006, 10:22 AM
I was actually there on the street when that happened. It was kind of funny seeing a cop question all the gunfighters. (Century gap there)