PDA

View Full Version : FINAL ROLL CALL! AZ Soonerfans Bash!!

The Maestro
12/27/2006, 07:04 PM
I called the Kilt today...gave them the heads up. I said it could be 50...it could be 25. Who knows with the interlink and what people will say and then what they end up doing. I'm not going to assume everyone who wants to show up will.

BUT...here is a great reason to show up if you have tickets at will call for the game or for parking. You can pick them up Saturday at the team hotel, the Fairmont Princess Resort, between 3 and 5. It happens to be less than a mile from the Tilted Kilt! So...makes that convenient.

I spoke with an assistant manager. He was going to pass the info along to a manager and have him call me back. If asked, I am going to ask for the patio there...it's really nice and they have heat lamps out there if it is too cold. More room to roam.

I asked for any idea of if they can give us some "Sooner specials"...hell, it never hurts to ask, right? They said they needed a more clear idea of how many people are coming. So, please give me a good idea of how many if you really plan on coming.

I know we got the SoonerinSanDiego clan of four coming. I've got Boones, Soonersam, DMack down. I know of five others in my group of folks.

That's 13 right there. I know some others have confirmed already, but please do so again so I can call them with as close to an exact number as possible.

Let me know...thanks for the help...and looking forward to Saturday.

Soonerus
12/27/2006, 10:48 PM
Soonerus and a few other OU friends plan to come by......

OU GENO
12/27/2006, 11:20 PM
OU Geno, OU Clyde, Longhorn Killer, and OU Betcha will be there!

OK2LA
12/28/2006, 12:15 AM
OK2LA, brother & father (dad - not a holy man)

Looks like we will have an extra game ticket as well - just a head's up.

SoonerBK
12/28/2006, 10:09 AM
Sorry, I've kinda been out of the loop. When is the shindig at the tilted kilt? The fairmont princess is in Scottsdale right?

soonersam
12/28/2006, 11:47 AM
SoonerSam TexasisOUbitch, and girlfrind will be attending...
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calendar/EventDetails.php?OccurrenceID=121508

Phil
12/28/2006, 12:22 PM
I'll try to make it by. BTW, this showed up in the Tulsa World this morning as a "Festivity" for the Fiesta Bowl.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=061228_Sp_B6_Whatt68803_0

Soonerus
12/28/2006, 12:52 PM
I'll try to make it by. BTW, this showed up in the Tulsa World this morning as a "Festivity" for the Fiesta Bowl.

I have eaten at Elements, mentioned in the Tulsa article, several times. I would recommend it for a breakfast or brunch as the views are still beautiful but the prices are much better...at dinner it gets a little pricey...FYI...

OK2LA
12/28/2006, 01:49 PM

CLASSIC! Soonerfans getting some pub! :D

Maestro, Soonersam - you might have to call them and tell them to expect 1000 more people! It was in the Tulsa World!!!!

soonersam
12/28/2006, 02:09 PM

I posted that on AZcentral.com earlier in the week. Tulsa world must have copied it from the AZcentral calander of events.....

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calendar/EventDetails.php?OccurrenceID=121508
The address is correct but the map is wrong.. Scottsdale Rd and Bell is the intersection.

The Maestro
12/28/2006, 02:11 PM
I guess I'm kind of a big deal now. Gonna call Tilted Kilt and give them the heads up.

soonersam
12/28/2006, 02:20 PM
I guess I'm kind of a big deal now. Gonna call Tilted Kilt and give them the heads up.
Your the real Deal Maestro... Dont sell yourself short !!!! Confidence is everything!!!

CatfishSooner
12/28/2006, 03:05 PM
i goin

SoonerJason
12/28/2006, 03:16 PM
soonerjason + 1

OU GENO
12/28/2006, 03:29 PM
I got parking pass in orange lot from Fiesta bowl, but it's for 1 8 07 can i use it for our game! I may have to go and change it this sucks!

Harry Beanbag
12/28/2006, 04:48 PM
Mr. & Mrs. Beanbag will be swinging by for awhile.

Harry Beanbag
12/28/2006, 04:50 PM

Are you going to be playing the jazz flute?

OK2LA
12/28/2006, 06:12 PM
Mr. & Mrs. Beanbag will be swinging by for awhile.

Heh. Harry Beanbag . . . swinging. Heh.

Harry Beanbag
12/28/2006, 06:23 PM
Heh. Harry Beanbag . . . swinging. Heh.

You have a perverted and disturbing mind Mr. Riding the Pine. :)

soonersam
12/29/2006, 12:00 PM
Warning to all who attend. I have been know to exceed the maxium human dosage of booz. If this happens please direct me to my car and I'll be happy to leave. I hate being the "drunk, naked, fat and hairy guy"

Should be a great turn out and looking forward to meeting everyone...

OK2LA
12/30/2006, 01:21 AM
I lied. Pops brought his computer, and I'm on it . . . a little tipsy.

Just got back from the famed Tilted Kilt. It was pretty cool. We watched the Purdue/Mary game & the TT/Minny game. As you can imagine, it was pretty fun.

Couple of things.

This place is cool. Nice job Maestro & Soonersam. Lots of t.v.'s and lots of tiots. Chicks with tramp stamps everywhere. They have a little area outside that you can smoke with bar/tv/heaters (it was a little cool for my happy CA arse)

Saw several of the players there tonight. I guess they had the option to go to the tt game, or do their own thing. I didn't rekinze any of them, but they were definitely players. about 10 of them.

We met some guys (that were Minny fans) that left the game when it was 35-7 because their hineys were cold. It was classic. They came in the bar, and we were like: "uh- did you see the score?"

They were not happy.

anyway. I'm rambling like a little biotch.

We're playing at Stone Creek golf course tomorrow at 7am, so I better start tucking myself in.

& Soonersam - I'm that guy sometimes as well - with golf, games all day - I see this day getting ugly.

I like it that way.

See ya tomorrow.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/30/2006, 11:38 AM
OK all the commie-type Soonerfans.com folks in attendance. Better get your political houses in order, as RLIMC will be there to rough you up and set your brains straight. I'll be the one waving the American flag.

OUMallen
12/30/2006, 11:50 AM
Warning to all who attend. I have been know to exceed the maxium human dosage of booz. If this happens please direct me to my car and I'll be happy to leave. I hate being the "drunk, naked, fat and hairy guy"

Should be a great turn out and looking forward to meeting everyone...

Friends don't let friends drive drunk. When is this shindig?

Harry Beanbag
12/30/2006, 12:05 PM
Friends don't let friends drive drunk. When is this shindig?

Today at 4:00.

OK2LA
12/30/2006, 02:51 PM
Today at 4:00.

We might get over there a little earlier than that - we're gonna try - we just got done w/ golf, and going to grab a bite to eat, and then go over there. we'll be the ones smoking cigars . . . :texan:

SoonerJason
12/30/2006, 05:39 PM
Heading over.. see y'all soon

** edit Nevermind.. It's 21 and over tonight. They are carding at the door.

I'm Dad today.. Have fun guys. :(