PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Thank you

Ike
12/27/2006, 04:59 PM
Since I have been named "Person of the Year" by Time Magazine, I thought it only proper to give an acceptance speech for this prestigious award.

It is truly an honor to be selected to be the Time POTY. As with every previous POTY in history, there were many other people toiling behind the scenes that made my selection possible, and these people deserve my thanks.
Firstly, I want to thank my wife (who incidentally was named co-person of the year) for her infinite patience as I slogged through the difficulty of creating nearly 10,000 posts here at the SO (more if you count my contributions to WAYLT threads), as well as the long hours spent writing my thesis and mastering songs on Guitar Hero. I could not have been the easiest person to put up with during these difficult times.
Secondly, I want to thank my mother and father for all of the support they have given me. Never in their wildest dreams would they have imagined that their rambunctious son who was always getting into trouble and destroying everything in the house would have risen so high. I could not have done this without them
And lastly, I want to thank all of the posters here who have contributed to my spek rating of 4791688 points (thats real spek, not betting spek either). I am sure that the judges were highly impressed by this.

Good night, and again, from the cockles of my heart: Thank you.

Osce0la
12/27/2006, 05:04 PM
what? you have to potty? :confused: What do we have to do with this?

josh09
12/27/2006, 06:07 PM
"As the late, great Colonel Sanders put it: I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

OCUDad
12/27/2006, 06:13 PM
If you're not buying drinks for everyone, nobody cares.

josh09
12/27/2006, 06:18 PM
word

MamaMia
12/27/2006, 06:47 PM
You are very welcome. :P

StoopTroup
12/27/2006, 08:48 PM
Spek to you Sir...

Real Spek too...not that lousy betting spek...