PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing Dish Network in my trailer

1stTimeCaller
12/27/2006, 04:53 PM
Has anyone ever done this? It's whoopin' my tail.

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2006, 04:55 PM
Want a do over on all that "Can't I just install it myself" talk?

:D

Petro-Sooner
12/27/2006, 04:59 PM
Screw a hole in the top of the trailer for the cord and a cinder block to hold the dish down during high winds.

YW

1stTimeCaller
12/27/2006, 05:02 PM
If I had a manual, instructions or directions I'd be set. The other guy on location that has Dish will be here around 5. He'll help me out.

The wire running from the dish to the trailer is RG6. It has a little wire kinda piggybacking on the coax. Does that need to be grounded? I also get thrown for a loop inside the trailer as there are two coax cables with male ends and they are not labeled. This system is a two room system but uses only one receiver. not sure if it will work in a trailer.

C&CDean
12/27/2006, 05:15 PM
We do this every Saturday for the tailgate. While drunk. With a 90 mph wind blowing and a couple chicks helping out. You must be a retard or something.

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2006, 05:16 PM
HEH

Widescreen
12/27/2006, 05:19 PM
Did your receiver come with a DishProPlus separator? If so (and you have DishProPlus LNB on the dish), you'll only need 1 cable coming from the Dish to the receiver and then the DPP separator will split the cable into the 2 inputs on the receiver. Then you'll need a cable running from the receiver to the 2nd room (this cable doesn't have to be RG6 as the signal is already amplified by the receiver to reach other parts of the house/trailer). The extra grounding cable on the RG6 probably won't matter. If you can ground it, fine, but it needs to hook to the utility ground if you do (or a separate grounding rod pounded into the ground).

1stTimeCaller
12/27/2006, 05:20 PM
We do this every Saturday for the tailgate. While drunk. With a 90 mph wind blowing and a couple chicks helping out. You must be a retard or something.

CVS, if you would have attended an SF tailgate you could truly appreciate the humor in Dean's post.

1stTimeCaller
12/27/2006, 05:30 PM
Did your receiver come with a DishProPlus separator? If so (and you have DishProPlus LNB on the dish), you'll only need 1 cable coming from the Dish to the receiver and then the DPP separator will split the cable into the 2 inputs on the receiver. Then you'll need a cable running from the receiver to the 2nd room (this cable doesn't have to be RG6 as the signal is already amplified by the receiver to reach other parts of the house/trailer). The extra grounding cable on the RG6 probably won't matter. If you can ground it, fine, but it needs to hook to the utility ground if you do (or a separate grounding rod pounded into the ground).

separator - check
LNB ?? No clue, the dish has two thingys on it
I also took a dealio that was screwed onto the house just in case I needed it.

At the house the receiver plugged back into the house wiring and in my bedroom I didn't have a receiver I just plugged into the cable outlet and picked up the signal that way.

I'm gonna post pics.

1stTimeCaller
12/27/2006, 05:44 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/scottdixon/externalview.jpg

from dish to external trailer hookup

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/scottdixon/behindTV.jpg
inside of trailer (external hookup is 10 feet away, it's not a straight shot)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/scottdixon/receiverandcords.jpg
stuff. the top thingy was attached to the house and the extra thing on the coax attached to it and then there was a ground also. the dish cable connected to it and also the house wiring was connected to it.

Widescreen
12/27/2006, 07:27 PM
separator - check
LNB ?? No clue, the dish has two thingys on it
I also took a dealio that was screwed onto the house just in case I needed it.

At the house the receiver plugged back into the house wiring and in my bedroom I didn't have a receiver I just plugged into the cable outlet and picked up the signal that way.

I'm gonna post pics.
OK, for the LNB (the block that sits on the little arm in front of the dish) - If it says DishPro somewhere on it, you'll have to run 2 separate cables from the dish to the receiver and connect them to the 2 sat inputs and you won't use the separator. If it says DishProPlus, you'll only need 1 cable from the dish to the receiver and you will use the separator to feed the 2 sat inputs on the receiver.

Here's the way it should look (if you're using DishProPlus stuff):

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4356/satdp1.jpg

1stTimeCaller
12/27/2006, 07:36 PM
you're pretty. Are you single?

Widescreen
12/27/2006, 07:44 PM
No, and besides you're not my type. I'm only interested in Somebody Else. Clearly you're not up to that level yet.

Widescreen
12/28/2006, 01:50 PM
Well?

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 01:52 PM
After seeing your pic, I know your problem (well besides the retarded one).

You can't do satellite through the cable hook-up on the RV. I've tried on mine, and I don't know if it's a different internal cable or what, but only cable TV will work through the jack on the RV. I have to run the satellite cable inside hillbilly style through the winder or door.

soonerbrat
12/28/2006, 01:54 PM
CVS, if you would have attended an SF tailgate you could truly appreciate the humor in Dean's post.

hey, who fixed it at the last tailgate? that's right. it was I.

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 01:57 PM
hey, who fixed it at the last tailgate? that's right. it was I.

So, Soonerbrat is one of Phil's trolls? Who knew?

soonerbrat
12/28/2006, 01:59 PM
no, after all but 3 of us went to the game, the stupid thing wouldn't work. i unplugged and replugged it and it reset and then it worked. I'm a genius.

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 02:02 PM
A blonde who can unplug and replug a cord most definitely borders on genius.

soonerbrat
12/28/2006, 02:04 PM
well none of the guys could make it work. i won't name names.

C&CDean
12/28/2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for not embarrassing the guys who are dumber than a blonde chick.

bri