PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's advertising avalanche: Watch the Rose Bowl

OK2LA
12/27/2006, 04:33 PM
If you haven't noticed by now, ABC/ESPN lost the rights to broadcast the Orange, Fiesta, Sugar & The BCS Championship game.

With this, they are left with all of the 3rd world bowl games, The Captial One Bowl, and The Rose Bowl.

(the link for the bowl schedule & which networks they are on)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2473969&src=search

Now I'm no ad mogul over here, but wouldn't it make a little more sense to be advertising the Capital One Bowl - Arky vs. Wiskey(ABC 1pm) which is in the same time slot as the Gator Bowl - West Va vs. Ga Tech. ? (CBS 1pm)

The Rose Bowl is on at 5pm - No other game is going up against it - the only possibility is for an overlap between the Rose Bowl & The Fiesta Bowl (OU vs. Boise State [Fox-8pm] if you haven't heard)

It seems like every time I turn on ESPN, or ABC they are hitting me up with the Rose Bowl ad.

Dude. I'm gonna watch. Don't worry about it.

Maybe I don't watch lots of FOX, but I haven't seen ANY advertising for ANY of their bowl games. (granted ESPN & ABC are incestuous little siblings, but I'd figure that FOX would be pumping that tOSU vs Fla game up our arses)

I don't think I've seen a Fiesta Bowl (OU/BSU) ad YET!

Can you tell I'm a phreak? I'm bitching about not seeing enough commercials. Slap me.

sooner518
12/27/2006, 04:39 PM
i dont ever really watch Fox so I dont see their BCS commercials. But I agree about the Rose Bowl game. We're going to get battered by them this week

picasso
12/27/2006, 04:41 PM
I thought they were too busy swingin from Terrell Owens.

boomersooner82
12/27/2006, 04:44 PM
Fox has done their fair share about advertising on all of its sister stations like all the FSNs and FX... but yes, ABC has begun beating us over the heads on both the flagship network and ESPN. Good point though. I'd watch the Rose Bowl regardless.

Up until the OU kick off that is...

westcoast_sooner
12/27/2006, 05:08 PM
Seems like I've seen a few commercials on Fox about them having the BCS games, but certainly NOT the number I've seen on ESPN for the Rose.

BudSooner
12/27/2006, 05:22 PM
If you haven't noticed by now, ABC/ESPN lost the rights to broadcast the Orange, Fiesta, Sugar & The BCS Championship game.

With this, they are left with all of the 3rd world bowl games, The Captial One Bowl, and The Rose Bowl.

Now I'm no ad mogul over here, but wouldn't it make a little more sense to be advertising the Capital One Bowl - Arky vs. Wiskey(ABC 1pm) which is in the same time slot as the Gator Bowl - West Va vs. Ga Tech. ? (CBS 1pm)

The Rose Bowl is on at 5pm - No other game is going up against it - the only possibility is for an overlap between the Rose Bowl & The Fiesta Bowl (OU vs. Boise State [Fox-8pm] if you haven't heard)

It seems like every time I turn on ESPN, or ABC they are hitting me up with the Rose Bowl ad.

Maybe I don't watch lots of FOX, but I haven't seen ANY advertising for ANY of their bowl games. (granted ESPN & ABC are incestuous little siblings, but I'd figure that FOX would be pumping that tOSU vs Fla game up our arses)

Can you tell I'm a phreak? I'm bitching about not seeing enough commercials. Slap me.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, huh?
Sorry but your avatar is, uh....heh....well..what were you saying??:D

Scott D
12/27/2006, 05:38 PM

WHY DO YOU HATE THE GRANDDADDY OF THEM ALL?!?!?!?!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/27/2006, 05:44 PM
Related tidbit: The local all-sports talk radio station here in the Twin Cities (KFAN 1130) is going to be picking up the ESPN Radio broadcast of the Fiesta Bowl and has been advertising the crap out of the OU-Boise State matchup. Go figure...

blutotiger
12/28/2006, 01:39 PM
WHY DO YOU HATE THE GRANDDADDY OF THEM ALL?!?!?!?!

Who said anything about Shawn Kemp?

OK2LA
12/28/2006, 01:44 PM
Who said anything about Shawn Kemp?

n00b comes outta nowhere with a zinger. Nice - spek.

OK2LA
12/28/2006, 06:54 PM
According to ESPN - The National Championship Game is The Rose Bowl. Are they gonna talk about ANY of the other games at halftime? (osu/bama)

GEEZ LOUISE!

No mention of Sugar, Fiesta, Orange, or N.C. - or did I miss it?

tigepilot
12/28/2006, 07:19 PM
I agree with the Rose Bowl/ESPN comments. I would expect lots of commercials for it since it's the only BCS game they have. What's really getting to me is that's all their guys seem to talk about during any kind of college football coverage. I've been noticing this for a few weeks now and I'm to the point where I'm so sick of hearing about it I may not even watch... well you say that it's the only game on at that time... maybe I will... can't get enough college football.