PDA

View Full Version : Any gift recycling going on?

MamaMia
12/27/2006, 03:15 PM
I have a few. I could float a boat in all the fruity lotions, perfumes and soaps I get. By now, you would think that people would know I have my favorites that I stick with and its no secret that I have a whole drawer full of it. I like soft fragrances but I get all this raspberry, melon, orange blossom, vanilla, strawberry fruity stuff. I don't want to smell like a fruit basket. Unless my husband gives me something that makes him feel frisky, I don't want it.

royalfan5
12/27/2006, 03:17 PM
This is where my families emphasis on reducing the number of gifts given pays off. Less gifts equals less useless stuff and more meaning.

MamaMia
12/27/2006, 03:19 PM
This is where my families emphasis on reducing the number of gifts given pays off. Less gifts equals less useless stuff and more meaning.One Body Works gift to me is too many.

Pricetag
12/27/2006, 03:28 PM
We have a Whack a Mole game cocked and ready for the next kid birthday that happens to come along.

soonerbrat
12/27/2006, 03:41 PM
a guy at my office owns a winery and he gave each person in our department a bottle of wine..i gave my bottle to a friend of mine as a thank you for being my date to my company christmas party...

MamaMia
12/27/2006, 03:46 PM
We have a Whack a Mole game cocked and ready for the next kid birthday that happens to come along.:D

I got a Scategories game for my niece, a senior at Nebraska University. We all had so much fun playing that game. Her answers were so odd that I laughed until I cried. One of the questions was "A job in which you wear a uniform", and the letter was 'S'. She thought she got a double score with "Secret Service." :D

Viking Kitten
12/27/2006, 03:46 PM
If this thread is some kind of a ploy to get me to recycle some of the Sephora gift cards I got to any of you suckers, it ain't gonna work.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/27/2006, 04:00 PM
If this thread is some kind of a ploy to get me to recycle some of the Sephora gift cards I got to any of you suckers, it ain't gonna work.I'll trade you a Barnes & Noble gift card for one. Sigh. . .that was the one thing I requested that I didn't get.

BajaOklahoma
12/27/2006, 04:02 PM
I take the gifts from parents and kids and recycle. My daughter gets the lotions, etc (like MommaMia, I have limited ones I use). The boys get to share the gift cards.
I also tend to get a bunch of seasonal decorations that are just too good to toss, so I put them all on the kitchen counter and left people pick if they want. It has become a fun tradition for my family and some of the firneds. I don't do this with gifts from frineds or family though, I prefer to keep my friends and family.