PDA

View Full Version : I'm saying "good-bye"...

TUSooner
12/26/2006, 08:12 PM
to a one of the best cars I evar owned. My trusty '93 Honda Accord with 169,000+ miles on it, got totaled last week. My daughter was driving it to school and she got rearended - by a girl that had been her best friend in 1st & 2nd grade but whom she hadn't seen in almost 10 years. Some reunion. :eek:
It doesn't take all that much damage to total a 13yo car. That thing took us on countless soccer & softball trips, and it's got a zillion softball dings on it as souvenirs. But now it's sitting out by the curb, forlornly waiting for Allstate to take it away in the morning. But Allstate gave me $2700 for it, which is certainly more than I could have sold it for in its pre-wreck condition, so I think I'll manage to get over it. :)

OUDoc
12/26/2006, 08:14 PM
It lived a long life. It's better off now.

Newbomb Turk
12/26/2006, 08:14 PM
sorry for your loss - tough to beat the reliability of a Honda.

OCUDad
12/26/2006, 08:58 PM
Ask if you can keep one of the dented panels as a keepsake. Makes a great wall hanging in the den or family room. Good memories.

King Crimson
12/26/2006, 09:02 PM
i hear ya, my mom just retired an old car that dated back to 80's family life in the KC clan....and bought a new one....she was kinda sad about it. and one of my college buddies was driving his Dad's old beater Toyota Corola from the 80's. bare bones car, stick, 250,000 miles or some shizz. easy to work on. and it got totalled one day back when we were roommates. his dad, who was kind of an old car sports car guy (was driving like an old 77 Saab 99 at the time) was devastated.

OUinFLA
12/26/2006, 09:04 PM
Ill bet the crazy SUV woman had something to do with it.

oh, and I thought you were leaving the board.
Way to get me all excitied and then let me down.
Again.

olevetonahill
12/26/2006, 09:16 PM
Ill bet the crazy SUV woman had something to do with it.

oh, and I thought you were leaving the board.
Way to get me all excitied and then let me down.
Again.
The SUV broad prolly hired this other kid for a Hit ,
And TU is such a bastage to get our hopes up then let us down ;)