PDA

View Full Version : Any of You Fruit Loops...

Mjcpr
12/24/2006, 08:54 PM
....open their presents on Christmas Eve? There ought'n to be a law again' it if you do.

We tough it out until Christmas morning the way you're supposed to.

SicEmBaylor
12/24/2006, 09:01 PM
We've always opened ours on Christmas eve and then do the "Santa" gifts (usually the most expensive stuff) on Christmas.

We're opening ours in an hour.

Flagstaffsooner
12/24/2006, 09:17 PM
I dont get presents. Nobody loves me.

Tailwind
12/24/2006, 09:23 PM
Ungh!

OKLA21FAN
12/24/2006, 09:24 PM
no true Sooner would evar jump the gun and open before the offical start time!

SCOUT
12/24/2006, 09:54 PM
We go to my wife's Grandmother's house in the morning on the day before Christmas. We open some presents with her and my wife's cousins, aunts and uncles. In the afternoon, we go to my parent's house and open some presents with them, my brother and his family. On Christmas morning, my wife, my daughter and I have the Santa event. In the afternoon we go to my in-laws for a present opening session with their immediate family (yes they attend the Grandmother session but their are too many people there for us to open their presents at that time).

So yes, we open presents on Christmas Eve.

colleyvillesooner
12/24/2006, 10:01 PM
Unholy.

oumartin
12/24/2006, 10:07 PM
oh flag. if you want a gift just give me a pm ole' buddy

colleyvillesooner
12/24/2006, 10:11 PM
oh flag. if you want a gift just give me a pm ole' buddy

Flag, trust me, you do NOT want to do that.

:D

Melo
12/24/2006, 10:12 PM
We went to grandmas tonight, and did the gifts from aunts/uncles/grandparents, then tomorrow morning we do gifts with just our family.

oumartin
12/24/2006, 10:14 PM
oh sure, see if i ever send you another game dvd EVER colley!

Oh, how soon we forget. :)

Flagstaffsooner
12/24/2006, 10:16 PM
We went to grandmas tonight, and did the gifts from aunts/uncles/grandparents, then tomorrow morning we do gifts with just our family.Were you wearing your 'tittays hanging out dress again'?;)

colleyvillesooner
12/24/2006, 10:17 PM
oh sure, see if i ever send you another game dvd EVER colley!

Oh, how soon we forget. :)

Yeah, true, that was what was on the first disc. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
12/24/2006, 10:18 PM
oh flag. if you want a gift just give me a pm ole' buddyI'm just playing the holiday martyr again. Mom sent me fudge and a check but no OU stuff.;)

proud gonzo
12/24/2006, 10:42 PM
We always do all the presents on Christmas morning. And for us, Santa only brings the stuff in our stockings--the gifts are from each other.

I think there was only one year that we opened any presents on Christmas Eve and that was because we got a pool table--we hadn't been allowed down in the basement for a week.

BajaOklahoma
12/24/2006, 10:54 PM
We are having Christmas at home as the kids have to be back at work on Tuesday. The older son is with his girlfriend's family tonight. The younger son is still at work. Lil Baja got off at 4 (she put some flying monkeys on hold and somebody took him - her dad is mad).
We set the train up uder the tree. The dogs are barking, the cat wants to play with the train controls.
We have brunch and presents in the morning. There is a family tradition of playing bingo on Christmas - for really tacky presents. There have been the tongs that you use catch a plastic fly, HUGE bikini men's underwear (my 10 year old nephew won that one), the traditional 20 year old fruitcake, Pink suspenders and a velvet Elic painting. The last two can only be won once per person. The pink suspenders have to be worn in public and a picture taken for the book. This is year 16 - so far we have graduation, jail, NHL locker room with an NHL player among others. The velvet Elvis, which was hard to find when we were actually wanting one, has to be displayed in the winner's home for a year. My younger son cheated the first year velvet Elvis was available so that he could win it. It looked wonderful on the top of my mantle.

OUinFLA
12/24/2006, 11:17 PM
Baja, WOW.

Seriously,
Merry Christmas gf.

finster
12/24/2006, 11:29 PM
Lil Baja got off at 4 (she put some flying monkeys on hold and somebody took him - her dad is mad).

That's good stuff right there,I don't care who you are.

soonerboomer93
12/24/2006, 11:49 PM
Normally Christmas day, this year, Christmas eve because that's when my sister and bro-in-law could make it.

Normally they would come down the following weekend.

Newbomb Turk
12/24/2006, 11:58 PM
as a kid, we always opened presents on Christmas Eve.
However, the wife has a rule of opening our presents on Christmas morning. I hated that when we first were married.

We do go over to the MIL's on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts with her and a few other family members.

josh09
12/25/2006, 01:07 AM
Family presents on Christmas Eve. Santa comes in the morning for our family. :D

Melo
12/25/2006, 01:14 AM
Were you wearing your 'tittays hanging out dress again'?;)

Nope. Saving it for when I go and get my last Christmas present from the boyfriend. :D

Except not really...

BajaOklahoma
12/25/2006, 01:16 AM
Baja, WOW.

Seriously,
Merry Christmas gf.

MC, bf. Say hi to the family for me!

finster,
Bed Bath & Beyond has some monkey toy that screams as you throw them across the room. My husband wanted 4 or 5, I have no clue why. Maybe a new Christmas tradition - a flying monkey contest?

Jimminy Crimson
12/25/2006, 02:30 AM
We always open one present before going to Midnight Mass, followed by breakfast at a fine breakfast dining establishment, then the rest of the presents on Christmas morning.

...except this year, we went to 9pm Mass, opened all the presents/stockings, due to jetting out of town at 5am. :O

critical_phil
12/25/2006, 03:03 AM
i opened mine today.

got an OU shirt, guitar center gift card, and a massive 16x16x3 butcher block cutting board.

Sooner_Bob
12/25/2006, 03:14 AM
We open presents with the in-laws on Christmas Eve and ever since we moved back to Oklahoma the girls have been able to sleep in their own beds and open their gifts from Santa on Christmas. That used to never happen.

Then on Christmas day after we do the gift thing here at the house we head to eat lunch with my wife's family and then over to open presents at my parents place.

LoyalFan
12/25/2006, 09:22 AM
NevAr! 'cept for one of the several "gift boxed" items purchased at various adult beverage emporia by various donors.
Then again, being all by my lonesome, on Christmas AM I usually give the cats their stocking full of goodies and open the offerings sent/delivered by friends one at a time over an hour or so.
When I was a married dude, and during the last (and best) relationship, my spouse's families all did the deed on the Eve when we could all be in attendance, then the respective families/couples did the honors in their own homes in the AM. Later on, my love and I did so on the Eve so she could trek to Austin from here in SA to be with her mom, dad, and sis in the AM.

LF

slickdawg
12/25/2006, 09:27 AM
We let slickdaughter open presents from us and grandparents last night.
Santa's left a bunch of loot for her today. :D

OUinFLA
12/25/2006, 09:28 AM
We dont open ours at all. We just box them up and save them until next year. It makes the Christmas shopping season a lot less stressful.

slickdawg
12/25/2006, 09:33 AM
We dont open ours at all. We just box them up and save them until next year. It makes the Christmas shopping season a lot less stressful.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

:texan:

Flagstaffsooner
12/25/2006, 09:43 AM
OUinFLA-that man knows how to live!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/25/2006, 03:14 PM
We've always opened presents on Christmas Eve. Then Santa brings stocking stuffer type stuff on Christmas Day. This year, however, Santa didn't bring me anything and I wasn't even all that bad. Santa has never brought the best gifts either. He always brought things that had to be put together.

SicEmBaylor
12/25/2006, 03:16 PM
Are Santa gifts typically wrapped for you all? Nay for our house.

SoonerInKCMO
12/25/2006, 09:40 PM
Are Santa gifts typically wrapped for you all? Nay for our house.

Santa wrapped stuff that he brought to my house. Somehow, he always had the same paper my mom used. :confused:

BajaOklahoma
12/25/2006, 10:03 PM
Santa always wraps the gifts to us - special Santa paper.

I hate wrapping presents.

Petro-Sooner
12/26/2006, 11:06 AM
We have done it on Christmas eve for as long as I can remember.

achiro
12/26/2006, 11:19 AM
Santa came to our house on Sat night. We figured that would give us a couple days to play with the kids and the new toys before coming back to work today. It worked out well, we had the whole day yesterday just to enjoy each others company. I still didn't wat to come back to the office today.:D

frankensooner
12/26/2006, 11:38 AM
We had to open ours early, since the wife worked Christmas Day at the hospital taking care of sick children. Should "Pat's" law be enforced on us? ;)

colleyvillesooner
12/26/2006, 12:22 PM
We have done it on Christmas eve for as long as I can remember.

TMI

OCUDad
12/26/2006, 12:37 PM
I dont get presents. Nobody loves me.Looks like SAS has got hold of Flag's password.

MamaMia
12/26/2006, 06:16 PM
The children in our home open one gift each on Christmas Eve.