PDA

View Full Version : Apparently AD has been.....

boomersooner28
12/24/2006, 01:37 AM
meeting with agents, this according to the dudes on Fox Sports NFL show. They mentioned that fact as they were talking about the draft.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/24/2006, 01:46 AM
And?

Underclassmen are allowed to do this in order to assess their location in the draft.

boomersooner28
12/24/2006, 02:23 AM
I know, I know, I know......just sayin.

ouflak
12/24/2006, 05:45 AM
Well.... Yeah. He's pretty much got one more game in college left. No sense in leaving this kind of thing until the last minute. I would think his goals would be to try and get himself a couple of notches higher on the all-time OU rushing list, have fun at the bowl game, finish up this last semester in school relatively strong, and get on with his life in the pros. Seems pretty straightforward from here.

stoopified
12/24/2006, 08:08 AM
Well I think AD should enjoy his last game as a SOONER and then go for the cash. AD ole Buddy just remember me when you sign that big check.

tulsaoilerfan
12/24/2006, 10:46 AM
I believe you can talk to em as long as you don't sign with em

Texas Golfer
12/24/2006, 11:35 AM
It would be foolish for AD not to meet with them. He needs to know about where he'd go in the draft before he can make an educated decision whether or not to return for his senior year.

In my opinion, if he could be reasonably sure to go in the top five, he should make the leap. If not, I think he should return to the Sooners. He'll make a much better deal in 2008.

mightysooner
12/24/2006, 11:03 PM
I hate to say it...but he should go pro. I think it's obvious no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise.

goingoneight
12/25/2006, 02:27 AM
... lifting weights.
... running at the speed of light.
... kicking Chuck Norris's's's's's's's's's's...' @$$.
... watching film.
... telling the agents , see ya in 2008!!! :D

TheHumanAlphabet
12/25/2006, 02:37 AM
I think he will stay one more year. Just saying'. Solid chance at a National Championship, really solidily breaking the rushing record and a chance at Heisman. Those are goals to strive for. He may go pro, but I think he will be wearing Crimson next fall.

rainiersooner
12/25/2006, 03:18 AM
I think he will stay one more year. Just saying'. Solid chance at a National Championship, really solidily breaking the rushing record and a chance at Heisman. Those are goals to strive for. He may go pro, but I think he will be wearing Crimson next fall.

I have a suspicion it might happen also. Every junior says he hasn't made up his mind yet...but I believe in this case, AD being so competitive, he wants to have a full season, win the Heisman, set some records, compete for the MNC.

picasso
12/25/2006, 10:06 AM
he's gone.

SoonerLB
12/25/2006, 03:01 PM
Other than just grabbing for dollars, he has a lot to gain by coming back for his senior year in my opinion. A strong, HEALTHY season would help him in the eyes of the NFL powers that be. I think they have concerns about his durability, and his pass catching ability, which is vital to the success of any NFL back.
By coming back, he can gain another year of experience, hopefully have a healthy season, break some records, have another chance at a Heisman, and prove his versatility by becoming a pass catcher as well. And it is one more year of maturity, which will be needed for life in the NFL.
I know he has other variables to consider that could sway him to go now, such as what teams have early draft picks, etc., and he needs some knowledgable input to help make a decision. I just hope the people that are helping him with that decision are thinking about more than the almighty dollar.

soonerjoker
12/26/2006, 10:36 AM
yeah, but it'll be his "almighty dollar".

BoomerJack
12/26/2006, 10:55 AM
Other than just grabbing for dollars, he has a lot to gain by coming back for his senior year in my opinion. A strong, HEALTHY season would help him in the eyes of the NFL powers that be. I think they have concerns about his durability, and his pass catching ability, which is vital to the success of any NFL back.
By coming back, he can gain another year of experience, hopefully have a healthy season, break some records, have another chance at a Heisman, and prove his versatility by becoming a pass catcher as well. And it is one more year of maturity, which will be needed for life in the NFL.
I know he has other variables to consider that could sway him to go now, such as what teams have early draft picks, etc., and he needs some knowledgable input to help make a decision. I just hope the people that are helping him with that decision are thinking about more than the almighty dollar.

I agree 100% with these comments. And as I've said before, if the returns to O.U. next year, he'll be running behind a better offensive line next fall than he would in the NFL.

SoonerJLB
12/27/2006, 01:42 PM
I hope AD stays at OU for his Sr. Year. Of course, I wish for a lot of things that won't happen.

85sooners
12/27/2006, 02:28 PM
stay

MamaMia
12/27/2006, 02:43 PM
I have a feeling he wants to stay. I just doubt that he will.

FaninAma
12/27/2006, 02:49 PM
If he is sure he would go later than the 10th overall pick I think it would be advantageous to come back next year because of the difference in the signing bonus between a 11th v. 1st or 2nd pick in the first round.

I don't see this happening unless there is some concern about his durability. I've heard Barry Switzer express some concern on his radio show so I'm sure there are some others in the pro ranks who have the same concern.

josh09
12/27/2006, 02:50 PM
meeting with agents, this according to the dudes on Fox Sports NFL show. They mentioned that fact as they were talking about the draft.

Well, GOOD RIDDANCE!

:D

OK2LA
12/27/2006, 02:53 PM
Well, GOOD RIDDANCE!

:D

Classic. Spek.

Desert Sapper
12/27/2006, 04:01 PM

If you are talking about the NCAA all-time career rushing record: Ron Dayne has the record with 6,397. AD currently has 3,968. The bowl game will push him above 4,000. Right now, he needs 2,429 more yards. I think AD needs to stick around to stomp the U in Norman, have his first 2,000 yard season, break Barry Sanders' single season rushing (2,628 -2,850 including bowls) and TDs (44 including bowls) records, win the Heisman, win a national championship, and ride off into the sunset...

I'm not holding my breath, though. It's been a fun ride...he will forever be one of the greatest running backs in OU history, regardless of his decision after the Fiesta Bowl. He will be a very special back in the NFL, too.

picasso
12/27/2006, 04:09 PM
they said on the radio earlier AD looks like he hasn't missed a day in practice.

picasso
12/27/2006, 04:38 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061227/capt.azth10612272052.fiesta_bowl_oklahoma_football _azth106.jpg

setem
12/27/2006, 04:58 PM
What is with the 58 on his undershirt?

It could be his combine shirt! RB 58!

If he goes to the NFL what ever will we do? I hope he doesnt go...it will break my ****ing heart!

I love the kid! I hope he stays and we kick the snot out of everyone next year.

If he goes...everything will be ok! WAY WI LIB PAY NUB DAY! LIB PAY NUB DAY!

picasso
12/27/2006, 05:05 PM
If he goes...everything will be ok! WAY WI LIB PAY NUB DAY! LIB PAY NUB DAY!

http://www.digitalhit.com/waterboy.jpg

setem
12/28/2006, 12:45 AM
Nice hat!